Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What 10 players will have to go?


Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, dw49 said:

 

 

I agree with that. Also somehow I thought Glasgow was a safety when I posted on Rutledge. I guess this "lockdown" is turning my mind to mush. 

For what it's worth , I think Glasgow is a big favorite over Franklin.

Both Franklin and Adams played a bunch of STs, which is what most see Glasgow as being limited to. I think what Glasgow has over Franklin, is that he could possibly slot as Mike, where Adams and Franklin don't. Assuming their happy with the Walker and Oke (passing downs) rotation at Mike, with Oke starting at SAM, it might come down to the fact we don't need 2 Sams behind Oke. Ideally though, we never want to really see Adams, Franklin, or Glasgow starting at any of the LB spots. I'm actually hoping Speed emerges this year as a quality backup. He certainly has the measurables. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I assume Skai Moore is on the chopping block.   He hasn't had much opportunity in games, but he didn't show much in the games he played in.  

I was pulling for him because in college he had "a nose for the ball".  Often that is hard to teach.    

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

This came out this afternoon from PFT.

 

"NFL teams might still be able to take 90 players to training camp.

But they may not put them all into pads.

According to Chris Mortensen of ESPN, teams could be allowed to carry the current 90-player roster for the first few weeks of camp if they use a split-squad set up for practices.

A proposed deadline for getting to an 80-man roster is Aug. 16, which would be before teams go into fully padded practices after a period of conditioning and work in shells, in hopes of limiting the amount of injuries upon start-up."

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

The thing I am watching is the players that are cut from other teams. 

I am pretty sure Ballard and crew will be taking a hard look at those players.

If Ballard finds one or two then who is out? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/21/2020 at 6:43 PM, w87r said:


I haven’t read that officially yet.  They did say the PS will be 16 players.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/25/2020 at 8:16 AM, Smonroe said:


I haven’t read that officially yet.  They did say the PS will be 16 players.  

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/07/26/teams-have-two-options-for-cutting-to-80-players/

 

According to a memo distributed on Friday to all teams (the memo, as best we can tell, was first reported by Brandon Krisztal of KOA in Denver), teams can either cut to 80 before July 28, or they can wait until August 16.

Teams that wait to reduce to 80 must utilize split-squad procedures, with one group mainly consisting of rookies, first-year players, and any quarterbacks or injured players assigned to that group. (Designations, once made, can’t be changed.) The second group will consist of all veteran players who report on July 28.

A team that chooses the split-squad approach can reduce to 80 at any time before August 16, and then merge into one unit.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, w87r said:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/07/26/teams-have-two-options-for-cutting-to-80-players/

 

According to a memo distributed on Friday to all teams (the memo, as best we can tell, was first reported by Brandon Krisztal of KOA in Denver), teams can either cut to 80 before July 28, or they can wait until August 16.

Teams that wait to reduce to 80 must utilize split-squad procedures, with one group mainly consisting of rookies, first-year players, and any quarterbacks or injured players assigned to that group. (Designations, once made, can’t be changed.) The second group will consist of all veteran players who report on July 28.

A team that chooses the split-squad approach can reduce to 80 at any time before August 16, and then merge into one unit.


Thanks.  So if a team goes to 80 before 7/28 they don’t have to do the split squads, right?   
 

This doesn’t make a ton of sense, 10 extra players isn’t going to make a difference if they’re testing every day anyway.  Plus, the PS will be 16 so you’d like to see as many players as possible.  
 

This is going to be one crazy season.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Smonroe said:


Thanks.  So if a team goes to 80 before 7/28 they don’t have to do the split squads, right?   
 

This doesn’t make a ton of sense, 10 extra players isn’t going to make a difference if they’re testing every day anyway.  Plus, the PS will be 16 so you’d like to see as many players as possible.  
 

This is going to be one crazy season.  

I agree, doesn't seem to be a big difference.

 

Guess we will see, I'm just anxious to see who we drop and if there are any players released that we bring in, at the 80 player deadline that is.

 

I'm sure there will be a few players swapped out at final cuts.

 

Definitely going to be a crazy season. Hopefully we get through it.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • Indy SportsOne @IndySportsOne Frank Reich has been gushing about the progress he's seen from Daurice Fountain. "Reece is explosive. He had a great practice today. Had a couple of spectacular catches." 1:02 PM · Sep 18, 2020 232 20 people are Tweeting about this
    • I have had Directv nfl ticket since 1998 whenPeyton came in. Its not cheap, but i’m in Pa and if you divide by 16 games its under $20 a (Colts) game.  Not bad imo.  I have recorded to dvd all along too.  This year with covid i decided to try game pass instead.  I had a free trial months back , watched some games on it and liked it.   The ONLY downside is having to wait until games end to view. Last week listened to home crew live on gamepass radio, then watched game after.   With apple lightning to HDMI to s-video , i can stillrecord todvd . (I used phone and ipad data not wifi)   Also, with nfl ticket, when games are over... they are GONE.  Gamepass i have all games waiting for me when ever i want in radio, normal, condensed, and coaches film.  Plus past years games, playoffs, preseasons, and superbowls. $99?  Yes please!
    • Stampede Blue @StampedeBlue #Colts worked out 6 tight ends today including former Colts undrafted free agent Hale Hentges.
    • Dazn doesn't have all 22 footage on their gamepass sadly. Toronto here.
  • Members

    • Shive

      Shive 2,361

      Moderators
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Indy1996

      Indy1996 49

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • krunk

      krunk 12,493

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • adubb84

      adubb84 345

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • MarquisJ

      MarquisJ 473

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • jmac_48

      jmac_48 671

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • danlhart87

      danlhart87 2,923

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • SSColts

      SSColts 5

      Rookie
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • HarryTheCat

      HarryTheCat 896

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Vexed

      Vexed 78

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
×
×
  • Create New...