Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What 10 players will have to go?

w87r

2 hours ago, dw49 said:

I agree with that. Also somehow I thought Glasgow was a safety when I posted on Rutledge. I guess this "lockdown" is turning my mind to mush. 

For what it's worth , I think Glasgow is a big favorite over Franklin.

Both Franklin and Adams played a bunch of STs, which is what most see Glasgow as being limited to. I think what Glasgow has over Franklin, is that he could possibly slot as Mike, where Adams and Franklin don't. Assuming their happy with the Walker and Oke (passing downs) rotation at Mike, with Oke starting at SAM, it might come down to the fact we don't need 2 Sams behind Oke. Ideally though, we never want to really see Adams, Franklin, or Glasgow starting at any of the LB spots. I'm actually hoping Speed emerges this year as a quality backup. He certainly has the measurables. 

I assume Skai Moore is on the chopping block.   He hasn't had much opportunity in games, but he didn't show much in the games he played in.  

I was pulling for him because in college he had "a nose for the ball".  Often that is hard to teach.    

• 2 weeks later...

This came out this afternoon from PFT.

"NFL teams might still be able to take 90 players to training camp.

But they may not put them all into pads.

According to Chris Mortensen of ESPN, teams could be allowed to carry the current 90-player roster for the first few weeks of camp if they use a split-squad set up for practices.

A proposed deadline for getting to an 80-man roster is Aug. 16, which would be before teams go into fully padded practices after a period of conditioning and work in shells, in hopes of limiting the amount of injuries upon start-up."

On 7/21/2020 at 6:43 PM, w87r said:

I haven’t read that officially yet.  They did say the PS will be 16 players.  

On 7/25/2020 at 8:16 AM, Smonroe said:

I haven’t read that officially yet.  They did say the PS will be 16 players.  

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/07/26/teams-have-two-options-for-cutting-to-80-players/

According to a memo distributed on Friday to all teams (the memo, as best we can tell, was first reported by Brandon Krisztal of KOA in Denver), teams can either cut to 80 before July 28, or they can wait until August 16.

Teams that wait to reduce to 80 must utilize split-squad procedures, with one group mainly consisting of rookies, first-year players, and any quarterbacks or injured players assigned to that group. (Designations, once made, can’t be changed.) The second group will consist of all veteran players who report on July 28.

A team that chooses the split-squad approach can reduce to 80 at any time before August 16, and then merge into one unit.

1 hour ago, w87r said:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/07/26/teams-have-two-options-for-cutting-to-80-players/

According to a memo distributed on Friday to all teams (the memo, as best we can tell, was first reported by Brandon Krisztal of KOA in Denver), teams can either cut to 80 before July 28, or they can wait until August 16.

Teams that wait to reduce to 80 must utilize split-squad procedures, with one group mainly consisting of rookies, first-year players, and any quarterbacks or injured players assigned to that group. (Designations, once made, can’t be changed.) The second group will consist of all veteran players who report on July 28.

A team that chooses the split-squad approach can reduce to 80 at any time before August 16, and then merge into one unit.

Thanks.  So if a team goes to 80 before 7/28 they don’t have to do the split squads, right?   

This doesn’t make a ton of sense, 10 extra players isn’t going to make a difference if they’re testing every day anyway.  Plus, the PS will be 16 so you’d like to see as many players as possible.  

This is going to be one crazy season.  

21 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

Thanks.  So if a team goes to 80 before 7/28 they don’t have to do the split squads, right?   

This doesn’t make a ton of sense, 10 extra players isn’t going to make a difference if they’re testing every day anyway.  Plus, the PS will be 16 so you’d like to see as many players as possible.  

This is going to be one crazy season.  

I agree, doesn't seem to be a big difference.

Guess we will see, I'm just anxious to see who we drop and if there are any players released that we bring in, at the 80 player deadline that is.

I'm sure there will be a few players swapped out at final cuts.

Definitely going to be a crazy season. Hopefully we get through it.

Archived