Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What 10 players will have to go?

w87r

With the NFLPA proposing only going to camp with 80 players, who gets released?

It might not be approved? Idk, but , if it does? Who do you think goes?

My list will be posted below. Need to look at roster real quick.

9 minutes ago, w87r said:

Man I have no idea, you and I agree on a lot of things so I want to see your list first haha . I know I am being lazy but at this point I really have no idea.

RB:

Darius Jackson 

WR:

Artavis Scott

DeMichael Harris

TE:

Matt Lengel

OL:

Chaz Green

Brandon Hitner

DL:

Chris Williams

LB:

Brandon Wellington

CB:

Travis Reed

S:

Donald Rutledge

I don't know, its really a tough call.

Don't think they will go to many at one location, though.

I chose to release players that didn't spend time on PS last year. 1-2 did.

18 minutes ago, w87r said:

I saw your article and was caught off guard.

I just looked at NFL.com and ESPN, and neither has this story,   Do you have a link?   Where are you seeing this? 

1 minute ago, w87r said:

RB:

Darius Jackson 

WR:

Artavis Scott

DeMichael Harris

TE:

Matt Lengel

OL:

Chaz Green

Brandon Hitner

DL:

Chris Williams

LB:

Brandon Wellington

CB:

Travis Reed

S:

Donald Rutledge

I don't know, its really a tough call.

Don't think they will go to many at one location, though.

I chose to release players that didn't spend time on PS last year. 1-2 did.

I would keep a few of those since they are UDFAs

13 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Thinking can go either way really.

With NFLPA voting for no preseason games also. Again, needs to be approved by league?

I just figure, there are obvious top 53(55) roster players. Those are easy. They kept thier PS players for a reason?, so they will want to keep developing them.

Could be looked at either way.

Saying that though. I wonder what final rosters numbers will look like, and the rules.

Would be great to keep 70.. ? Still a lot of questions to be answered. Players opt out?

2 minutes ago, w87r said:

Thinking can go either way really.

With NFLPA voting for no preseason games also. Again, needs to be approved by league?

I just figure, there are obvious top 53(55) roster players. Those are easy. They kept there PS players for a reason?, so they will want to keep developing them.

Could be looked at either way.

Saying that though. I wonder what final rosters numbers will look like, and the rules.

Would be great to keep 70.. ? Still a lot of questions to be answered. Players opt out?

I would rather keep someone with promise but no NFL tape over someone who has proven that they struggle in the NFL

You also must look at the practice numbers 

11 minutes ago, w87r said:

Thanks. 

The 80 man limit doesn’t concern me as much as the request for no more than 20 in the locker room at a time.  Which goes up to 40 after a certain time period.   I don’t see how this is even doable?    

By the way,  medical people say large crowds gathered together in indoor settings is one of the big ways Covid is spread.  Locker room, Weight room.  Meeting room.  Lunch room.  
lots and lots of opportunity for things to go wrong every single day. 

Sorry to be negative.  Seems hard to be optimistic....

10 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Thanks. 

The 80 man limit doesn’t concern me as much as the request for no more than 20 in the locker room at a time.  Which goes up to 40 after a certain time period.   I don’t see how this is even doable?    

By the way,  medical people say large crowds gathered together in indoor settings is one of the big ways Covid is spread.  Locker room, Weight room.  Meeting room.  Lunch room.  

Yeah, I haven't been to confident about the season.

I think its a horrible idea for NBA.

As much as I hope they can get the season in, Im not to optimistic.

There is still a lot of unanswered questions and the clock is ticking.

16 minutes ago, Introspect said:

I have a feeling they will increase the rosters to 58 players for this year. Just a feeling due to possible players coming down with infection. Gotta add a little more depth.

Would be nice. Then the rest of the 80 on PS...?

Seems like the right thing to do. With so kuch uncertainty. Obviously teams would swap out players once teams drop to 80. Probably end up between 72-76 or something though.

One note here. Camp rosters aren't entirely about "the best X number of players". As one example, all teams keep a minimum of 4 quarterbacks in camp, because they all follow a similar regimen of keeping track of the number of throws per quarterback, so as not to overwork their arms. Much like with pitchers in baseball. So even if there were 100% agreement that a quarterback is in the "bottom 10", if there are only 4 on the camp roster, they're keeping him.

18 minutes ago, PrideOfAthens17 said:

One note here. Camp rosters aren't entirely about "the best X number of players". As one example, all teams keep a minimum of 4 quarterbacks in camp, because they all follow a similar regimen of keeping track of the number of throws per quarterback, so as not to overwork their arms. Much like with pitchers in baseball. So even if there were 100% agreement that a quarterback is in the "bottom 10", if there are only 4 on the camp roster, they're keeping him.

That is why I attached the coach’s decision tag on CK

This will not be a regular camp so 4 QBs might not be needed

3 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Thanks. 

Yeah how does that even work. Only so many in at a time after practice and games. Some of the rules they want are just going to far. Meetings are going to be done virtually the way it sounds. How are teams supposed to develop chemistry keeping locker rooms restricted. If they are practicing and playing keeping the lockers rooms up 20 just seems stupid. The nfl needs to lighten some these rules.

19 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Yeah how does that even work. Only so many in at a time after practice and games. Some of the rules they want are just going to far. Meetings are going to be done virtually the way it sounds. How are teams supposed to develop chemistry keeping locker rooms restricted. If they are practicing and playing keeping the lockers rooms up 20 just seems stupid. The nfl needs to lighten some these rules.

All fair questions, Chloe.  The problem is...  it’s not just the NFL who wants these rules.  It’s the players as well.  No one wants any part of this disease.

Im sure your aware that African-Americans have much greater odds of catching the virus.  All people of color.  Since more than half of the league is black their concerns have to factored heavily.  The league has to protect its most valuable asset — the players. 

2 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

All fair questions, Chloe.  The problem is...  it’s not just the NFL who wants these rules.  It’s the players as well.  No one wants any part of this disease.

Im sure your aware that African-Americans have much greater odds of catching the virus.  All people of color.  Since more than half of the league is black their concerns have to factored heavily.  The league has to protect its most valuable asset — the players. 

It is the same reason why several school districts are waiting to finalize new year plans this month

This is a very fluid situation 

4 hours ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Rutledge is a sneaky good prospect. He had a messed up college career . He attended 3 colleges in his 5 years , so sat out 2 of those years. Citadel messed him up when they moved him from safety . Anyway , good size , good speed and smart. Has his degree in civil engineering. There are some that think he could make our roster over Milligan as the 4th safety.

9 minutes ago, w87r said:

What about Odum?

Odum will definitely make the cut. He'll be the only FS ready to go to start the season aside from Hooker.

30 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

It is absolutely true that AAs have stronger odds of catching Covid, but studies link that to comorbidity and to a degree, affordable housing and poverty conditions. And those just won't apply to general NFL players, especially the comorbidity aspects.

2 hours ago, w87r said:

What about Odum?

Hooker , Willis , Odom ....   Blackmon maybe starts on the PUP list , if not will be inactive for at least the first month ? Glasgow can make it as a special teamer . 

So kind of makes it possible that Milligan or another player would be the 4th safety. More likely that Rutledge is cut or on the PS. Just saying that I was reading he's could be a nice prospect. COVID really hurt guys like him . There was talk he could have gone late in the draft. 

21 minutes ago, dw49 said:

Hooker , Willis , Odom ....   Blackmon maybe starts on the PUP list , if not will be inactive for at least the first month ? Glasgow can make it as a special teamer . 

So kind of makes it possible that Milligan or another player would be the 4th safety. More likely that Rutledge is cut or on the PS. Just saying that I was reading he's could be a nice prospect. COVID really hurt guys like him . There was talk he could have gone late in the draft. 

We'll likely start with all the LBs, but guessing only 2 of 3 (Glasgow, Franklin, Adams) will survive. 

I'm guessing it might look like

Will - Leonard, (Walker), Speed

Mike - Walker, (Oke), Glasgow

Sam - Oke, Adams

with Franklin being the odd man out if Glasgow makes the cut. 

12 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Is that true NCF?

I haven’t seen anything published on this (I’m not saying what you posted isn’t  true)

It SEEMs like everyone will get this at some point..... almost inevitable 

There are people that follow the distancing and mask guidelines and they still get it.

There were only 212 deaths in the whole USA on the 5th from COVID , my hope is that it keeps with the downward trends on deaths.....

Prayers for USA

33 minutes ago, MikeCurtis said:

Is that true NCF?

I haven’t seen anything published on this (I’m not saying what you posted isn’t  true)

It SEEMs like everyone will get this at some point..... almost inevitable 

There are people that follow the distancing and mask guidelines and they still get it.

There were only 212 deaths in the whole USA on the 5th from COVID , my hope is that it keeps with the downward trends on deaths.....

Prayers for USA

It's sort of true, but it seem to be a twisted version of the truth - it seems minorities (not just blacks) have complications more often (not catch it more often) than whites or Asians.

As we continue to aggregate data, it seems that minority groups (both racial and ethnic) tend to be hospitalized more with Wuhan virus complications. That includes several groups, not just blacks. Here's the latest breakdown from the CDC (from this link):

Hospitalization rates by race and ethnicity, March – June 13, 2020

(# hospitalizations per 100,000 population)

Non-Hispanic American Indian or Alaskan Native - 221 per 100,000

Non-Hispanic Black - 178 per 100,000

Hispanic or Latino - 160 per 100,000

Non-Hispanic Asian or Pacific Islander - 48 per 100,000

Non-Hispanic White - 40 per 100,000

I found a couple of articles that claimed blacks catch the virus at a higher rate and then went on to discuss only data regarding complications, but those two articles never displayed any data to support a higher rate of catching it. I'm not saying it doesn't exist, but I found zero data sets that back up a higher rate of catching it. I welcome others to find and present the data.

3 hours ago, Dogg63 said:

It's sort of true, but it seem to be a twisted version of the truth - it seems minorities (not just blacks) have complications more often (not catch it more often) than whites or Asians.

As we continue to aggregate data, it seems that minority groups (both racial and ethnic) tend to be hospitalized more with Wuhan virus complications. That includes several groups, not just blacks. Here's the latest breakdown from the CDC (from this link):

Hospitalization rates by race and ethnicity, March – June 13, 2020

(# hospitalizations per 100,000 population)

Non-Hispanic American Indian or Alaskan Native - 221 per 100,000

Non-Hispanic Black - 178 per 100,000

Hispanic or Latino - 160 per 100,000

Non-Hispanic Asian or Pacific Islander - 48 per 100,000

Non-Hispanic White - 40 per 100,000

I found a couple of articles that claimed blacks catch the virus at a higher rate and then went on to discuss only data regarding complications, but those two articles never displayed any data to support a higher rate of catching it. I'm not saying it doesn't exist, but I found zero data sets that back up a higher rate of catching it. I welcome others to find and present the data.

That is amazing info

13 hours ago, Mr. Irrelevant said:

Wait, so the players‘ agency wants to take away the opportunity of the fridge players to make an impression at training camp to make the team against the odds?!

So much for the American Dream, I guess. 

Definitely shady business by NFL vets to increase their roster chances.

However it is risky so it kind of makes a little sense.

9 hours ago, Dogg63 said:

Wuhan virus complications

Was going to give you a like for that post, but this just threw it off for me.

Completely unneeded verbiage.

Do appreciate the numbers though.

1 minute ago, PrincetonTiger said:

This will be a different camp and a full 90 will not be needed

Yeah I agree, but it definitely approves roster/PS spots for vets.

Edit: sorry it merged with other post.

2 minutes ago, w87r said:

Was going to give you a like for that post, but this just threw it off for me.

Completely unneeded verbiage.

Do appreciate the numbers though.

Yeah I agree, but it definitely approves roster/PS spots for vets.

Edit: sorry it merged with other post.

In my book the Street FAs(Vets) would be the first to go

2 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

In my book the Street FAs(Vets) would be the first to go

But that's what you would do right, not what you anticipate happening?

With no preseason(still not approved), it is to hard to show  that much.

Have to go off of past results more.

I know we're jist rehashing earlier post in thread.(last year PS vs UDFA).

I just feel teams will keep the players they have been developing prior, over an unknown.

1 minute ago, w87r said:

But that's what you would do right, not what you anticipate happening?

With no preseason(still not approved), it is to hard to show  that much.

Have to go off of past results more.

I know we're jist rehashing earlier post in thread.(last year PS vs UDFA).

I just feel teams will keep the players they have been developing prior, over an unknown.

This is the coach in me but I would prefer to see what a new guys has to offer over someone who has a book already

For example I would prefer to see what FG has at TE over IB or ML

1 minute ago, PrincetonTiger said:

This is the coach in me but I would prefer to see what a new guys has to offer over someone who has a book already

For example I would prefer to see what FG has at TE over IB or ML

I agree I would to, I just dont think it will be the case. Could be wrong. 

22 hours ago, EastStreet said:

We'll likely start with all the LBs, but guessing only 2 of 3 (Glasgow, Franklin, Adams) will survive. 

I'm guessing it might look like

Will - Leonard, (Walker), Speed

Mike - Walker, (Oke), Glasgow

Sam - Oke, Adams

with Franklin being the odd man out if Glasgow makes the cut. 

I agree with that. Also somehow I thought Glasgow was a safety when I posted on Rutledge. I guess this "lockdown" is turning my mind to mush. 

For what it's worth , I think Glasgow is a big favorite over Franklin.

I’m looking at the rest of the month of July anxiously since the death count surge lags the case count surge by a few weeks. If the rest of July is OK, it might give us some hope for a semi-normal locker room and possibility of football, IMO

Archived