Indianapolis Colts
EastStreet

Colts #12 in latest power rankings

Ranking and schedule Qs  

87 members have voted

1. 1. Where would you realistically rank the Colts?

2. 2. What is the game that we are most likely to lose?

• Home vs #2Ravens
    • @ #7 Steelers
    • Home vs #10 Vikings
    • Home vs #11 Packers
    • @ #15 Titans
    • @ #16 Browns
    • @ #22 Lions
    • @ #23 Texans
    • @ #24 Bears
    • @ #25 Raiders

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closes on 09/06/2020 at 12:50 AM

1 hour ago, aaron11 said:

They were the best rushing team ever last year and also have a good defense.  i dont get the playoff argument, took peyton a long time to win a playoff game too

Exactly! Peyton and those Colts had to show they could actually win in the playoffs before they could be given their proper respect. So the same standard applies to Lamar.  Until then he is just a regular season wonder.  I ain’t crowning him...let him earn it.  Baltimore is loaded...no excuses. 

38 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

Exactly! Peyton and those Colts had to show they could actually win in the playoffs before they could be given their proper respect. So the same standard applies to Lamar.  Until then he is just a regular season wonder.  I ain’t crowning him...let him earn it.  Baltimore is loaded...no excuses. 

i think they will be favored over the colts.  great run game and defense, also lead the league in passing tds

they could win a super bowl with lamar, but the thread is about who should be favored in week 2.  i dont agree with the no one should get respect until they win a super bowl

I have no problem with the rankings.  If they listed the Colts top 5 I'd be worried.  But 12 is no problem for me.  Gives them room to move up if they prove themselves.  I think we'll lose to the Steelers because, as we saw last year, the Steelers can be dog$%&@ and we'll STILL lose to them.  They just seem to have our number no matter what, especially in Pitt.  Other than that, I think we can beat anybody else.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, aaron11 said:

i think they will be favored over the colts.  great run game and defense, also lead the league in passing tds

they could win a super bowl with lamar, but the thread is about who should be favored in week 2.  i dont agree with the no one should get respect until they win a super bowl

I didn’t say win a super bowl...I said he needs to win a playoff game first before I start buying into all the hype around him. He is unproven in the playoffs at this point. He is a very good player. Can he win when it really matters though? So far the answer has been...no. 

I also expect Baltimore to be favored when they play the Colts. However, I expect that the Colts will win that one. It’s just one of those unexplainable things that we usually find a way to beat that team.  I like our chances at home. 

9 hours ago, Coltsman1788 said:

I didn’t say win a super bowl...I said he needs to win a playoff game first before I start buying into all the hype around him. He is unproven in the playoffs at this point. He is a very good player. Can he win when it really matters though? So far the answer has been...no. 

I also expect Baltimore to be favored when they play the Colts. However, I expect that the Colts will win that one. It’s just one of those unexplainable things that we usually find a way to beat that team.  I like our chances at home. 

yeah i might have gone over board with the super bowl talk. still it took peyton a while to win a playoff game but i think he deserved respect before that anyway 

• Like 1

On 7/4/2020 at 5:18 PM, EastStreet said:

I think this is about right. As an Indy homer, I could go as high as 7th, but 12th doesn't bother me at this point.

I love what Ballard has done with the roster, but honestly could care less about rankings.  Give me Ws...

Sorry man, couldn't help myself!  :lol:

On 7/4/2020 at 6:27 PM, EastStreet said:

Rivers has won his last two games at Pitt!

You sir are wrong! No he hasn’t in 2018 they beat them 33-30 and this past season the Chargers lost 24-17. Look things up before you post incorrect information 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, a06cc said:

You sir are wrong! No he hasn’t in 2018 they beat them 33-30 and this past season the Chargers lost 24-17. Look things up before you post incorrect information 

Actually, East is correct because he said "at Pitt" which means when the Chargers played at Heinz Field. The Chargers won their last 2 away games against the Steelers.

https://www.footballdb.com/teams/nfl/los-angeles-chargers/teamvsteam?opp=25

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On ‎7‎/‎6‎/‎2020 at 4:16 PM, Coltsman1788 said:

Why are so many afraid of the Ravens with Lamar Jackson?  Colts usually beat the Ravens. This will be akin to our Kansas City win last year.  Colts will handle the Ravens similar to how the Titans did in the playoffs last season.  Until Jackson can win a playoff game I am not buying into all of their hype.  I think the game we are most likely to lose is at Pittsburgh.  We always lose there it seems. 

I do genuinely believe we pull that game off, but there is very good reason to be afraid of the Ravens with Lamar Jackson lol. Guys were scoring 40 points a game.

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, aaron11 said:

yeah i might have gone over board with the super bowl talk. still it took peyton a while to win a playoff game but i think he deserved respect before that anyway 

Yeah...I don’t mean to come off as saying Jackson isn’t worthy of respect until he wins a playoff game.  I respect him as a very good and dynamic player in this league.  But there is another level of respect that will come when he shows he can lead a team to a win in the playoffs.  He doesn’t have that from me yet.  I guess I could have worded it better. Lol 

• Like 1

Honestly I could see us beating the Ravens because it seems like every year we beat a team that we shouldn't. I'm not scared of Lamar at all. Make him pass the ball. He's a run first QB. Multiple times last year he had games of barely 100+ passing yards. Yeah they had a great running game but if you stop that and make Lamar throw the ball, I like our chances a lot. 

It has been a really long time since the Colts lost at home to the Packers, I looked it up today because I could not remember it ever happening , 1974, even Paul Justin out-dueled Brett Favre in 97. so law of averages, I have a bad feeling this could be a L. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

I love what Ballard has done with the roster, but honestly could care less about rankings or Wins and Losses.  Give me Media awards!!! They are what really matters!!...

Sorry man, couldn't help myself!  :lol:

fixed it for ya

:funny:

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, a06cc said:

I did look things up. 

11 hours ago, Dogg63 said:

Actually, East is correct because he said "at Pitt" which means when the Chargers played at Heinz Field. The Chargers won their last 2 away games against the Steelers.

https://www.footballdb.com/teams/nfl/los-angeles-chargers/teamvsteam?opp=25

Thank you sir. I think he was a little quick to pounce and didn't read my post fully.

30 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

I did look things up. 

Thank you sir. I think he was a little quick to pounce and didn't read my post fully.

This is the message board equivalent of a pick 6

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, horseshoepower said:

This is the message board equivalent of a pick 6

Hope we have a few of those this year vs TN!

Wait, how are we worse than the Patriots!? They should be rank 31st... 32nd if Cam gets injured.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, ReMeDy said:

Wait, how are we worse than the Patriots!? They should be rank 31st... 32nd if Cam gets injured.

Their fans are about to find out how life will be without Tom Brady lmao . Cam could them 10 wins but I give them very little chance to win the SB or make it. I put the % at 10% even making the SB.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Their fans are about to find out how life will be without Tom Brady lmao . Cam could them 10 wins but I give them very little chance to win the SB or make it. I put the % at 10% even making the SB.

Vegas gives them 9/1 to win the AFCC and 17/1 to win the SB ( behind only KC and Balt). Gives the Colts 12/1 and 25/1.

If you use the Vegas odds as ranking, NE would be tied for 6th in the NFL, and Indy 10th (4th in the AFC).

I honestly don't know if NE would have that much different odds or rank had TB stayed.

TB is 14/1 to win the SB, and 3rd in the NFC.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, EastStreet said:

fixed it for ya

:funny:

I was just messin with ya.  :thmup:

It's not like the two are mutually exclusive.  You can have wins and media awards, just like you can have wins and rankings, or wins and stats.  The wins are what really matter, everything else is just icing on the cake.

Hopefully with Ballard at the helm, we can have our cake and eat it too!  :goodluck:

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

I was just messin with ya.  :thmup:

It's not like the two are mutually exclusive.  You can have wins and media awards, just like you can have wins and rankings, or wins and stats.  The wins are what really matter, everything else is just icing on the cake.

Hopefully with Ballard at the helm, we can have our cake and eat it too!  :goodluck:

I'll happily take all the Ws, and all the awards, etc.. Some awards just matter less than others.

I know you're messin'. Just messin' back :-)

• Like 1

19 hours ago, EastStreet said:

Vegas gives them 9/1 to win the AFCC and 17/1 to win the SB ( behind only KC and Balt). Gives the Colts 12/1 and 25/1.

If you use the Vegas odds as ranking, NE would be tied for 6th in the NFL, and Indy 10th (4th in the AFC).

I honestly don't know if NE would have that much different odds or rank had TB stayed.

TB is 14/1 to win the SB, and 3rd in the NFC.

I think the Chiefs and Ravens should be the most favorite and I think they are per Vegas odds. To me there is a lot of parity after that - I am not sure who will be better in the AFC between teams like the Colts, Pats, Bills, Steelers, and Titans for example. The NFC is really tough to predict, the Saints just have played bad in the post season lately, Seahawks haven't won a SB since the 2013 season, Packers haven't won one since the 2010 season, 49ers have already lost key players on their defense, and the Cowboys are a roller coaster.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I think the Chiefs and Ravens should be the most favorite and I think they are per Vegas odds. To me there is a lot of parity after that - I am not sure who will be better in the AFC between teams like the Colts, Pats, Bills, Steelers, and Titans for example. The NFC is really tough to predict, the Saints just have played bad in the post season lately, Seahawks haven't won a SB since the 2013 season, Packers haven't won one since the 2010 season, 49ers have already lost key players on their defense, and the Cowboys are a roller coaster.

Here's the vegas odds on the league. I don't agree with all of it, but it's directionally correct. There are a few I would say are way out of synch (+ or - five spots).

Kansas City Chiefs+600   6/1   7.0

Baltimore Ravens+650   13/2   7.5

San Francisco 49ers+1000   10/1   11.0

New Orleans Saints+1200   12/1    13.0

Tampa Bay Buccaneers+1400 14/1    15.0

Dallas Cowboys+1700 17/118.0

New England Patriots+1700    17/1   18.0

Philadelphia Eagles+2000   20/1   21.0

Seattle Seahawks+2200    22/1   23.0

Indianapolis Colts+2500    25/1   26.0

Minnesota Vikings+2500    25/1   26.0

Pittsburgh Steelers+2500    25/1    26.0

Buffalo Bills+2800    28/1   29.0

Green Bay Packers+2800    28/1    29.0

Tennessee Titans+3000   30/1    31.0

Los Angeles Rams+3300    33/1    34.0

Atlanta Falcons+4000    40/1    41.0

Chicago Bears+4000    40/1   41.0

Cleveland Browns+4000     40/1    41.0

Los Angeles Chargers+4500    45/1    46.0

Arizona Cardinals+5000    50/1   51.0

Denver Broncos+5000    50/1    51.0

Houston Texans+5000   50/1   51.0

Detroit Lions+6600     66/1   67.0

Las Vegas Raiders+6600     66/1     67.0

Miami Dolphins+7000     70/1     71.0

New York Giants+7000    70/1    71.0

New York Jets+7000     70/1     71.0

Carolina Panthers+10000     100/1     101.0

Cincinnati Bengals+10000    100/1    101.0

Washington Redskins+10000    100/1     101.0

Jacksonville Jaguars+15000    150/1    151.0

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Here's the vegas odds on the league. I don't agree with all of it, but it's directionally correct. There are a few I would say are way out of synch (+ or - five spots).

Kansas City Chiefs+600   6/1   7.0

Baltimore Ravens+650   13/2   7.5

San Francisco 49ers+1000   10/1   11.0

New Orleans Saints+1200   12/1    13.0

Tampa Bay Buccaneers+1400 14/1    15.0

Dallas Cowboys+1700 17/118.0

New England Patriots+1700    17/1   18.0

Philadelphia Eagles+2000   20/1   21.0

Seattle Seahawks+2200    22/1   23.0

Indianapolis Colts+2500    25/1   26.0

Minnesota Vikings+2500    25/1   26.0

Pittsburgh Steelers+2500    25/1    26.0

Buffalo Bills+2800    28/1   29.0

Green Bay Packers+2800    28/1    29.0

Tennessee Titans+3000   30/1    31.0

Los Angeles Rams+3300    33/1    34.0

Atlanta Falcons+4000    40/1    41.0

Chicago Bears+4000    40/1   41.0

Cleveland Browns+4000     40/1    41.0

Los Angeles Chargers+4500    45/1    46.0

Arizona Cardinals+5000    50/1   51.0

Denver Broncos+5000    50/1    51.0

Houston Texans+5000   50/1   51.0

Detroit Lions+6600     66/1   67.0

Las Vegas Raiders+6600     66/1     67.0

Miami Dolphins+7000     70/1     71.0

New York Giants+7000    70/1    71.0

New York Jets+7000     70/1     71.0

Carolina Panthers+10000     100/1     101.0

Cincinnati Bengals+10000    100/1    101.0

Washington Redskins+10000    100/1     101.0

Jacksonville Jaguars+15000    150/1    151.0

We have a 25/1 shot, actually not bad odds. We are tied for 10th. 1 team I didn't mention in my above post regarding the NFC is of course Brady and the Bucs, they are the mystery card. Nobody knows how good they will really be??

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

We have a 25/1 shot, actually not bad odds. We are tied for 10th. 1 team I didn't mention in my above post regarding the NFC is of course Brady and the Bucs, they are the mystery card. Nobody knows how good they will really be??

I would not be shocked to see any team in the top 10 win it all, except maybe the Eagles, who I think are to high.

4 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

I would not be shocked to see any team in the top 10 win it all, except maybe the Eagles, who I think are to high.

Eagles and Vikings I did not mention either. The NFC is full of parity.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Eagles and Vikings I did not mention either. The NFC is full of parity.

I think the Titans and Raiders are much lower than they should be. I could see Denver being a lot better as well.

• Like 1

That's probably about right for a team that hasn't shown anything with a new QB, who we don't know isn't on a steep decline. I personally am a believer of this team and I think we will be better than that but I cannot pretend this ranking is unreasonable. 

On 7/8/2020 at 9:46 PM, EastStreet said:

I did look things up. 

No regardless of them playing in Pittsburgh or San Diego. He has lost the last time he played Pittsburgh. I’m well aware of them winning in 2012 and 2018. 

On 7/8/2020 at 5:56 PM, horseshoepower said:

It has been a really long time since the Colts lost at home to the Packers, I looked it up today because I could not remember it ever happening , 1974, even Paul Justin out-dueled Brett Favre in 97. so law of averages, I have a bad feeling this could be a L. 

I have always hated the "historical" stat (other than past 2 games within a calendar year and even then the rosters have changed appx 25% ish) because the rosters have changed so much, players move on, retire, die, etc.  

A game from 1974 has zero implications on 2020.

On 7/4/2020 at 6:20 PM, Dogg63 said:

I think we're going to have a top 10 offense, top 7 defense, top 10 special teams, and top 10 coaching staff, so I'm putting us at around top 5 overall.

I've seen way too many (both understandable and inexplicable) Colts collapses against the Steelers to bet against them anytime soon. Maybe PR can get us over the Steelers hump. I hope so. Not ready to bet on it yet. 

I think Rivers could give this team an attitude and an “edginess” to it , especially on offense that we haven't seen since the Peyton days.  Rivers comes to play, and he will especially be pumped up against the Steelers.  This could permeate thru the team.  That is my hope anyway.

On 7/8/2020 at 10:04 AM, a06cc said:

Yea, and we owe them for what they did to JB last year.  If JB finishes that game, i think we win it.  I think we will be pumped for the Pitt game.  Whether or not  that leads to a win, remains to be seen.

On 7/10/2020 at 10:40 PM, a06cc said:

No regardless of them playing in Pittsburgh or San Diego. He has lost the last time he played Pittsburgh. I’m well aware of them winning in 2012 and 2018. 

That, sir, is what they call back peddling.   Haha

2 hours ago, WoolMagnet said:

That, sir, is what they call back peddling.   Haha

You sure he wasn't moon walking? :dunno:

On 7/17/2020 at 3:31 PM, ChargingColts said:

I have always hated the "historical" stat (other than past 2 games within a calendar year and even then the rosters have changed appx 25% ish) because the rosters have changed so much, players move on, retire, die, etc.  

A game from 1974 has zero implications on 2020.

the Cubs got maximum coverage for 1908 world series championship for over 100 years, it was brought up almost every inning in 2016.

On 7/21/2020 at 12:17 PM, horseshoepower said:

the Cubs got maximum coverage for 1908 world series championship for over 100 years, it was brought up almost every inning in 2016.

As a White Sox fan I know.

Doesn't make it relevant or correct that all those dead players have an impact on a 2020 game.

2 hours ago, ChargingColts said:

Doesn't make it relevant or correct that all those dead players have an impact on a 2020 game.

As a diehard Cubs fan since 1984, I waited 32 years for my championship :funny: and it took 108 years between championships so of course the media was going to talk about 1908. Different topic but the White Sox look good on paper this season.

• Like 1

On 7/22/2020 at 4:24 PM, ChargingColts said:

Don't forget about the GOAT, I'm not talking about the greatest of all time but,the goat that was kicked out of Wrigley field in 1945, and it's owner said Cubs "ain't gonna win no more" the goat curse was born. speaking of curses, the Saints (2010)and Jets(1969), never made it back to the SB after beating the Colts.