Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Horseshoe Blue PPR 2020

4 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Are you changing it to half-PPR? Like I said before, I don't believe in PPR leagues.

Won't know until next year.

I know the argument for half PPR is that it is a better balance for positions, giving just enough to keep receiving backs relevant, but not too much for receivers. 

I always bring up some suggestions each year for everyone to ponder (IR positions and divisional changes this year), and just see what everyone thinks. I'm not necessarily about changing things for the sake of change, but just introducing new ideas that people can take or leave. 

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Narcosys said:

Won't know until next year.

I know the argument for half PPR is that it is a better balance for positions, giving just enough to keep receiving backs relevant, but not too much for receivers. 

I always bring up some suggestions each year for everyone to ponder (IR positions and divisional changes this year), and just see what everyone thinks. I'm not necessarily about changing things for the sake of change, but just introducing new ideas that people can take or leave. 

Other things I have brought up is 0.5 point per pass defensed and 0.5 point per 25 yards of returns and start with a tier of 5, 3, 1 for 0-100 yards of offense given up, 101-200 yards of offense given up, 201-300 yards of offense given up by defense which is hard to do in the current NFL.

That way, some timid QB like (say) Ryan Findley yesterday does not turn the ball over or take sacks much. So, it does not show up on the stat sheet for the defense even if they are constantly winning the battle of field position for their team even if their offense puts them in a bad spot. Instead of just basing it on points given up, it is like a deeper dive into the finer points of defense. 

29 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Other things I have brought up is 0.5 point per pass defensed and 0.5 point per 25 yards of returns and start with a tier of 5, 3, 1 for 0-100 yards of offense given up, 101-200 yards of offense given up, 201-300 yards of offense given up by defense which is hard to do in the current NFL.

That way, some timid QB like (say) Ryan Findley yesterday does not turn the ball over or take sacks much. So, it does not show up on the stat sheet for the defense even if they are constantly winning the battle of field position for their team even if their offense puts them in a bad spot. Instead of just basing it on points given up, it is like a deeper dive into the finer points of defense. 

We already have a 1 point per pass defended, 1 pt per 25 yards, and then points ranging from 5 to -7 for yards allowed (0-100 and 550+). 

8 hours ago, Narcosys said:

@Bluefire4

Congrats on the win, well done team that finished strong.  Crowder went off and Mahomes ignored Hill. Once I saw the report of snow in Lambeau, I knew it was over. 

Another year the bridesmaid. Next year maybe. 

Thank you all for the fun season. Just glad we still had the opportunity to play with everything that has gone down in 2020.

Archived