Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

SI.com Names Colts Slot Cornerback Kenny Moore as the Team’s ‘Most Underrated Player’

Luck2Hilton4TD

1 hour ago, Smonroe said:

They should add “for people who don’t follow the Colts”.

I think everyone here knows how valuable he is.  

That's no joke, he's the highest paid nickle cornerback in the league or else he was when he got paid

23 minutes ago, ClaytonC said:

I guess SI is a little out of touch.

I think they are coming from the NFL fans perspective, not just Colts fans.  

Most fans probably couldn't name Kenny Moore when naming Colts players.   

Rivers

Nelson

Leonard

Mack

Hilton

Doyle

That may be it for most NFL fans (not including the diehard fans).  

It's pretty cool that we have him locked up for the next 4 years.  

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/indianapolis-colts/kenny-moore-22037/

Great example of why patience is so important with young DBs who have potential to play in this league.  I remember many wth Kenny Moore moments his first year here.  Incredible that we’re now talking about him as elite, and deservedly so.

21 minutes ago, Breeze said:

Great example of why patience is so important with young DBs who have potential to play in this league.  I remember many wth Kenny Moore moments his first year here.  Incredible that we’re now talking about him as elite, and deservedly so.

Well said. This is true for most first year players. Give them a pass as they adjust (or can’t) to NFL level play. 

1 hour ago, Lef said:

How did Belicheck miss on him?  

It was more along the lines they couldn’t keep him on their roster due to the stacked group already in place: Gillmore, Butler, Rowe, Jones and Bademosi. The best Moore could’ve done back then was special teams. 

On 7/2/2020 at 9:30 AM, RollerColt said:
On 7/2/2020 at 8:24 AM, Lef said:

How did Belicheck miss on him?  

It was more along the lines they couldn’t keep him on their roster due to the stacked group already in place: Gillmore, Butler, Rowe, Jones and Bademosi. The best Moore could’ve done back then was special teams. 

Here's an interesting take on the Pats' cornerback situation in 2019 by a Pats homer.

https://www.patspulpit.com/2019/6/14/18678536/slot-cornerback-contracts-proving-bill-belichick-new-england-patriots-genius-coleman-moore

He basically says Belichick's a genius for not paying slot corners big bucks.

4 hours ago, Dogg63 said:

Here's an interesting take on the Pats' cornerback situation in 2019 by a Pats homer.

https://www.patspulpit.com/2019/6/14/18678536/slot-cornerback-contracts-proving-bill-belichick-new-england-patriots-genius-coleman-moore

He basically says Belichick's a genius for not paying slot corners big bucks.

I wouldn't use "genius" as the word, but NB isn't a position you want to pay a ton on D. Not saying go cheap, but it's not a position you typically want to set the market on. Depending on your scheme it could be more, or less important. We play a ton of 4-2-5 so it's a bit more important to us, but frankly teams are using more and DBs across the board these days anyway.

Purely my opinion, but... In terms of pay, my top 5 positions to pay on D are 

1. Edge

2A. CB1 (cover corner)

2B. DT (3T)

4A. Will

4B. FS

Archived