Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Patriots fined $1.1m and lose 3rd round pick

w87r

On 7/1/2020 at 9:20 AM, cdgacoltsfan said:

Only one team seems to have been caught multiple times. Can you name that team ?

Plenty of teams have been caught cheating more than once. Just about every team in the league. Do some google searches.

8 hours ago, FortheWin said:

Plenty of teams have been caught cheating more than once. Just about every team in the league. Do some google searches.

actually not that many teams have been docked draft picks for cheating in the nfl. 

20 hours ago, aaron11 said:

actually not that many teams have been docked draft picks for cheating in the nfl. 

Cheating is cheating regardless of the penalties. Since Roger became comish the penalties have gotten out of hand for every team caught.

52 minutes ago, FortheWin said:

Cheating is cheating regardless of the penalties. Since Roger became comish the penalties have gotten out of hand for every team caught.

It hasn't been enough to make the Patriots stop so evidently it's not out of hand IMO. 

On 7/1/2020 at 8:20 AM, cdgacoltsfan said:

Only one team seems to have been caught multiple times. Can you name that team ?

When you know nothing will damage the organization why worry about getting caught? Everybody cheats in all sports. 

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Cuban would definitely disagree with all teams cheat. His 2011 Mavs beat a loaded Heat team with LeBron, Wade, and Bosh in the Finals fair and square.

I don’t even need to look at the Pros I can just look in the mirror, across the room, and at the NGSC Yearbooks and Athletic Histories to know it

There are more than 50 years of coaching in my family 

7 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

I don’t even need to look at the Pros I can just look in the mirror, across the room, and at the NGSC Yearbooks and Athletic Histories to know it

There are more than 50 years of coaching in my family 

I honestly can't ever remember when the Colts got accused of cheating. 1 time the Steelers thought we may have been piping in noise back in 2005 but the league investigated it and found it to be false. Had it been true we would've got a penalty like the Falcons did in 2015. No Colts team has ever filmed anyone illegally either. 

2 hours ago, FortheWin said:

sounds like a deflection a patriots fan would make.  how about you list all the teams that have actually been punished for cheating in the last 15 years or so

On 7/4/2020 at 7:01 PM, aaron11 said:

sounds like a deflection a patriots fan would make.  how about you list all the teams that have actually been punished for cheating in the last 15 years or so

When Roger was hired his directive from the owners was to clean up the league and be the heavy hand. If you look at Roger's tenure compared to other commish's his penalties have been way over the top - See Saints bountygate, Dallas/Redskins punishments for going over the cap in an uncapped year and the Pats deflating footballs.  And those are the team ones, it would take too long to list his player punishments. It really can't be denied so like I said cheating is cheating regardless of penalty which is always subjected to the commish discretion.

1 hour ago, FortheWin said:

When Roger was hired his directive from the owners was to clean up the league and be the heavy hand. If you look at Roger's tenure compared to other commish's his penalties have been way over the top - See Saints bountygate, Dallas/Redskins punishments for going over the cap in an uncapped year and the Pats deflating footballs.  And those are the team ones, it would take too long to list his player punishments. It really can't be denied so like I said cheating is cheating regardless of penalty which is always subjected to the commish discretion.

What does Rogers have to do with anything? 

Goodell does exactly what he is told to do by the majority ownership. You don't seem to understand that Goodell is nothing but a face that is paid to be that face. 

As far as over the top punishments it has yet to stop what the Patriots have done so it's not over the top. Matter of fact it needs to be more severe to the point of taking away even more draft picks and suspending coaches and GMs. 

57 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

they deserved that punishment, that was super out of line 

Really does not matter either way whether you think they deserved it or not. Roger has handed out the most severe penalties of any commish. That was the overall point.  

2 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

What does Rogers have to do with anything? 

Goodell does exactly what he is told to do by the majority ownership. You don't seem to understand that Goodell is nothing but a face that is paid to be that face. 

As far as over the top punishments it has yet to stop what the Patriots have done so it's not over the top. Matter of fact it needs to be more severe to the point of taking away even more draft picks and suspending coaches and GMs. 

and in the Pats case, add owners to that list....this has been one constant in all of this. 

5 hours ago, FortheWin said:

Really does not matter either way whether you think they deserved it or not. Roger has handed out the most severe penalties of any commish. That was the overall point.  

Well it seems your point was Goodell was handing out penalties over the top. You even stated that two times. 

The true point is Goodell does nothing on his own. He is controlled by the majority ownership. 

As long as he does what he is told he will continue to be the commish. 

On 7/6/2020 at 5:52 PM, crazycolt1 said:

Well it seems your point was Goodell was handing out penalties over the top. You even stated that two times. 

The true point is Goodell does nothing on his own. He is controlled by the majority ownership. 

As long as he does what he is told he will continue to be the commish. 

Yeah, when Spygate happened, Goodell was a fledgling commissioner, more keen to protect the entire league including the Patriots, instead of digging deeper into it. I don't want to rehash everything all over again but the majority owners went a bit light on that front then, I personally believe. 

On 6/29/2020 at 4:54 AM, Nadine said:

Anyone in the NFL would know to not film the field and and sidelines and I would think particularly the pats.

Failing to inform the NFL and the Bengals and calling it an unintended oversight?

Senior club officials have to undergo training on league operation and game policies? How did they get to be senior club officials?

The man who was fired had been a videographer for 18 years.  I guess it's possible that he just didn't know and expected his good intent to be enough when he was filming the Bengals sideline a week before the Pats were to play them.  But, my incredulity is stretched beyond the breaking point when a 57 year old man with vast experience in the NFL basically just says 'my bad'

https://heavy.com/news/2019/12/dave-mondillo/

disbelief what GIF

^^^  THIS  ^^^

Over 8 minutes of in game sideline and field footage with no 'advanced scout' ever in the frame!

"My bad"

25 minutes ago, Nadine said:

Does that matter?

I just agree, it was the most lame excuse ever for blatant cheating. It was not a "Do your job" expose of a Patriots advance scout on the road, it was a cover up.

'Didn't know. My bad.'

I'm not a betting person, but I would have bet that footage was going straight to the Patriots football operations first chance they could connect to the web and their server and upload it.

1 hour ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

I just agree, it was the most lame excuse ever for blatant cheating. It was not a "Do your job" expose of a Patriots advance scout on the road, it was a cover up.

'Didn't know. My bad.'

I'm not a betting person, but I would have bet that footage was going straight to the Patriots football operations first chance they could connect to the web and their server and upload it.

The league did not find anything on the football operations side BUT the Pats deserved the punishment for sheer stupidity given their history.

10 hours ago, FortheWin said:

The league did not find anything on the football operations side BUT the Pats deserved the punishment for sheer stupidity given their history.

Nothing on the football operations side? Well it is against the rules to film the sidelines during a game. Thus the fine and loss of a 3rd round pick. 

Exactly what do you think is football operations? 

On 7/10/2020 at 8:16 AM, ColtsBlueFL said:

'Didn't know. My bad.'

I think they maybe need to do an NFL cheating cost/benefit analysis

money cash GIF

Archived