Indianapolis Colts
CR91

Witness backs Leonard's story

@Nadine I know my other thread was closed so I'm not sure if this is ok. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

This probably belongs on the George Floyd thread where certain things are allowed to talk about. Having said that, I never thought Darius was lying. He has nothing to gain from lying in the position he is in.

• Like 3

A witness, yea, they're hard to come by. I refuse to believe that a guy like DL would allow himself and family to be mistreated like that and just walk away. This just smells like another "me too" story. BTW, Bubba is still going on with his "story", it's tough to jump down from your victim perch.

For the record, witnesses always comes out of the woodwork after these high profile race baiting cases. Look at Michael Brown in Ferguson. Witnesses said they SAW him with his hands up and his back facing the cop. Turns out they weren't even in that area, but the media just bought it..

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 5

8 minutes ago, ColtJax said:

A witness, yea, they're hard to come by. I refuse to believe that a guy like DL would allow himself and family to be mistreated like that and just walk away. This just smells like another "me too" story. BTW, Bubba is still going on with his "story", it's tough to jump down from your victim perch.

For the record, witnesses always comes out of the woodwork after these high profile race baiting cases. Look at Michael Brown in Ferguson. Witnesses said they SAW him with his hands up and his back facing the cop. Turns out they weren't even in that area, but the media just bought it..

Huh?

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

20 minutes ago, ColtJax said:

I don't believe a lot of what the media posts/says but Darius Leonard isn't Michael Brown, he is a millionaire and I do believe his story. He has 0 reason to lie.

• Like 4

My point is, even though I really like DL as a Colt, his story just doesn't make sense in many ways. Maybe I'm being skeptical because of the MANY "me too" fraud cases, from the lady who spray painted swastika's on her door then claimed white men did it, or the Jesse Smotett scam to the Bubba Watson noose....plus 100's more!!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, ColtJax said:

My point is, even though I really like DL as a Colt, his story just doesn't make sense in many ways. Maybe I'm being skeptical because of the MANY "me too" fraud cases, from the lady who spray painted swastika's on her door then claimed white men did it, or the Jesse Smotett scam to the Bubba Watson noose....plus 100's more!!

There’s always going to be people like that. Just makes it ten times worse for those who are affected. 

I agree with 2006, there’s really no reason for him to lie about this.

• Like 4

I'm giving DL the benefit of the doubt, but TMZ, and an anonymous witness does little to move the needle lol. Like I said, we'll likely get either some video surveillance later backing the manager, or an apology from Chipotle and the firing of the manager.

• Like 2

Yeah it will get locked. Might as well get my thoughts in.

I like his factual statement about what happened.. I didn’t like his opinionated statement about “knowing what would happen” if the police showed up.

The ESPN headline stated “Darius Leonard feared police involvement”... that’s it. That what the headline. literally making it sound this situation actually had something to do with police brutality instead of just racial profiling or a general misunderstanding..

As a police officer myself, stuff sucks to see sometimes. People dont like us because of some bad apples and  Media will do anything they can to make a mockery of us.

Besides that though Darius Leonard seems like a good person, i don’t know if he would make something up for attention.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, bravo4460 said:

Yeah it will get locked. Might as well get my thoughts in.

I like his factual statement about what happened.. I didn’t like his opinionated statement about “knowing what would happen” if the police showed up.

The ESPN headline stated “Darius Leonard feared police involvement”... that’s it. That what the headline. literally making it sound this situation actually had something to do with police brutality instead of just racial profiling or a general misunderstanding..

As a police officer myself, stuff sucks to see sometimes. People dont like us because of some bad apples and  Media will do anything they can to make a mockery of us.

Besides that though Darius Leonard seems like a good person, i don’t know if he would make something up for attention.

I didn't like his statement about police either. Painting with a broad brush doesn't help.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, bravo4460 said:

Agreed.

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, ColtJax said:

Not sure if I smell salmon or talapia.

10 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

I didn't like his statement about police either. Painting with a broad brush doesn't help.

I can't blame him for making the statement about the police.  Especially in the current environment.  He's a black man in South Carolina who was racially profiled and tossed from a restaurant after having conversations about BLM.  Certainly not all police are the same but if I were him I would be more than nervous about seeing police cars pulling up.  He is just echoing the feelings of many black men now.  White men would not feel nervous but black men are fearful.  For obvious reasons.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Anonymous witness...check

TMZ...check.

Seems legit enough.

dos equis facepalm GIF by Dos Equis Gifs to the World

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

TMZ actually does decent reporting and has broken some big stories.  Not sure on the resistance in believing this.  He’s a millionaire.  He has zero to gain in concocting a made up story about an experience at Chipotle.

The people dogging bubba Wallace, what does this look like to you?  

1200.jpg?width=300&quality=85&auto=forma

sure looks like a noose so can easily see why any reasonable person would see a problem with this.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

32 minutes ago, Nate! said:

TMZ actually does decent reporting and has broken some big stories.  Not sure on the resistance in believing this.  He’s a millionaire.  He has zero to gain in concocting a made up story about an experience at Chipotle.

The people dogging bubba Wallace, what does this look like to you?  

1200.jpg?width=300&quality=85&auto=forma

sure looks like a noose so can easily see why any reasonable person would see a problem with this.

Looks like a noose to me. I think that liar Jussie Smollett put doubts in peoples minds to what is real and who is telling the truth regarding black people. The lie he told was outrageous.

2 hours ago, richard pallo said:

I can't blame him for making the statement about the police.  Especially in the current environment.  He's a black man in South Carolina who was racially profiled and tossed from a restaurant after having conversations about BLM.  Certainly not all police are the same but if I were him I would be more than nervous about seeing police cars pulling up.  He is just echoing the feelings of many black men now.  White men would not feel nervous but black men are fearful.  For obvious reasons.  

Are you suggesting Florence, SC, or the South is just a bunch of rednecks. Again, broad brush. Leonard grew up there. Demographics are about equally split, as is the city council there. I'd guess that the PD is pretty close to 50/50 too.

We absolutely need reforms and change. What we don't need is assumptions and emotional instead of factual conversation. We need a willingness to have uncomfortable conversations. If you watch MSM and listen to some folks these days, you'd think 99% of LEOs and PDs are horrible evil people. And the facts just don't bear that out. They actually paint a very different picture. Less emotion and extremes please.

4 hours ago, ColtJax said:

Man what the hell are you talking about?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1