Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Americas Game 2006 Colts

NannyMcafee

Yeah I have seen it. Some fun facts about that special season:

-We started 9-0 that season.

-We went 8-0 in the Regular Season at home that season, nobody beat us in the dome.

-We went 4-0 in the Playoffs to win the SB that season.

-We won the Divisional Round game at Baltimore taking out Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, and Steve McNair.

-We beat Tom Brady and Bill Belichick in the AFC Title Game.

-We finished that season 10-0 at home counting the playoffs. Undefeated in the dome.

-We won 80% of our games that season counting the playoffs = 16-4. We joined the 80% club

-We beat the Bears in the SB which was so great because I have 2 friends that have been life long Bears fans. Had we lost that, I would've never heard the end of it. :funny:

2 hours ago, DEColtsLover36 said:

@2006Coltsbestever given your name, this comes as no surprise that you were first to comment on this thread... I’m actually surprised you didn’t start it! :lol:

Hey that is my favorite team of all-time lmao . I have always said my 3 favorite Colts teams have been:

1. 2006

2. 1995 - Harbaugh magic

3. 2012 - watching Andrew as a rookie take us from 2-14 to 11-5 was beautiful! and all of those comeback wins too. Reggie was a beast that season as well.

8 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

-We beat the Bears in the SB which was so great because I have 2 friends that have been life long Bears fans. Had we lost that, I would've never heard the end of it. :funny:

Lots of Bears fans here in norther Indiana too.   It was a great victory.

I still here people mention that Bears team as one of the worst SuperBowl teams.   

Some info on the 2006 Bears:

They were tied with the Colts at 2nd most points scored with 427.   The Chargers had 492.

They were 3rd in the league in points allowed at 255.   Patriots allowed 237 and the Ravens allowed 201.

2nd in the league in point differential at +172 only behind the Chargers with 189.

They went 13-3

Although they didn't have the big flashy names, they were a very solid team all season.

8 minutes ago, Myles said:

Lots of Bears fans here in norther Indiana too.   It was a great victory.

I still here people mention that Bears team as one of the worst SuperBowl teams.   

Some info on the 2006 Bears:

They were tied with the Colts at 2nd most points scored with 427.   The Chargers had 492.

They were 3rd in the league in points allowed at 255.   Patriots allowed 237 and the Ravens allowed 201.

2nd in the league in point differential at +172 only behind the Chargers with 189.

They went 13-3

Although they didn't have the big flashy names, they were a very solid team all season.

It is because Rex Grossman was their QB is why people think the Bears were a weak opponent. Most people are hung up on the QB. I do think the winner of the AFC that year was going to win the SB but I wouldn't say the Bears were a weak opponent. I think the worst team I have ever seen make the SB was the 1994 Chargers. I am going way back but how that team made the SB was shocking. 

9 hours ago, NannyMcafee said:

Has anyone seen this yet? Boy I'm ready for some football.

Seen it several times.  Recently the NFL Network replayed the game.  When I watch it I can almost hear Peyton talking about the plays.  How he described the way Fletcher wanted to call plays was classic.

Archived