Indianapolis Colts
Sign in to follow this  
Lucky Colts Fan

Ballard receives Jack Horrigan Award

3 minutes ago, rockywoj said:

Debatable, perhaps, but he was a league MVP and an all-time warrior.  I still say Jones is the best QB not in the HOF, and if not for injuries, he surely would be in.

Unitas, his status, with reference to the era, is undeniable.  Arguably one of the best QBs ever that set new standards not overcome until the modern era. 

Unitas is part of my Mt Rushmore, you can only have 4 - mine are Brady, Peyton, Montana, and Unitas. Regarding Jones he was actually a better QB than someone like Joe Namath IMO and Namath is in the Hall. Jones was much more talented. Namath got in because of SB 3 and he was flashy. 

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Unitas is part of Mt Rushmore, you can only have 4 - mine are Brady, Peyton, Montana, and Unitas. Regarding Jones he was actually a better QB than someone like Joe Namath IMO and Namath is in the Hall. Jones was much more talented. Namath got in because of SB 3 and he was flashy. 

He was also FAR better than Bradshaw, who is also in the HOF.  It is sad how Jones never got the legacy recognition he was deserving of.  

My Rushmore is Unitas, Montana, Marino, & Manning.  Brady is the winningest, but to me, from a day to day talent standpoint, he was more the benefactor of great all around teams, than a do it yourself immense talent.  He’s in my top 6, though, to be fair.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, rockywoj said:

He was also FAR better than Bradshaw, who is also in the HOF.  It is sad how Jones never got the legacy recognition he was deserving of.  

My Rushmore is Unitas, Montana, Marino, & Manning.  Brady is the winningest, but to me, from a day to day talent standpoint, he was more the npbenefactor of great all around teams, than a do it yourself immense talent.  He’s in my top 6, though, to be fair.

Yeah I just have Brady there because it is tough to leave him off when he has won the most SB's. Belichick still may have won 2 or 3 without him with just a good QB, but I doubt 6. Marino is in my top 10 overall, talent wise Marino is probably in my top 3 so I get your post. I know as Colts fans many hate Elway but Elway is right there too for Mt Rushmore.

12 minutes ago, rockywoj said:

My Rushmore is Unitas, Montana, Marino, & Manning.  Brady is the winningest, but to me, from a day to day talent standpoint, he was more the benefactor of great all around teams, than a do it yourself immense talent.  He’s in my top 6, though, to be fair.

Bradshaw and Aikman may be the 2 luckiest QB's ever. Their teams were so loaded that they could beat pro-bowl teams on any given Sunday. 

• Like 1