Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

NFL looking at possibly letting local officials decide fan attendance

32 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Dear God....     what could POSSIBLY go wrong?!?

It’s the right thing to do. Not every state is the same. Each state knows their  own state and what is best to on  how many fans.  They are in the best position to make that decision according to their state not the nfl.

• Like 2

It's not the best thing to do. It create a competitive imbalance.

Can't let some teams have fans and some not.

Has to be the same across the board. I imagine they reconsider this.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
On 6/24/2020 at 5:17 PM, NewColtsFan said:

Dear God....     what could POSSIBLY go wrong?!?

My thoughts, exactly

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
On 6/24/2020 at 5:51 PM, Chloe6124 said:

It’s the right thing to do. Not every state is the same. Each state knows their  own state and what is best to on  how many fans.  They are in the best position to make that decision according to their state not the nfl.

Yeah, because that's worked so well for Texas and Florida recently, right?  :facepalm:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

The NFL needs to establish a league-wide set of guidelines, with minimum requirements for safely and responsibly managing attendance, while acknowledging that it will also abide by any additional requirements placed by state or city governments.

• Like 1

Honestly, just have them play the games and televise it. Does it suck to not see it live? Yes, but most of us watch on TV anyways.

• Like 1
On 6/24/2020 at 5:51 PM, Chloe6124 said:

I disagree.   In a sport, it would be best to have league-wide consistent guidelines.  Fans in the stands will cause an uptick in Covid cases, no doubt there.  Less if there are no fans.   More if they have fans in every other seat.  

I'm ready for a season at home where I can:

1. Turn the game on after the anthem or whatever they are playing in the stadium

2. Turn the game on after the kneeling or whatever statement the players and/or league are making

3. Sit and relax virus free, with nobody around me coughing or sneezing. 

4. Have beer that is cold and cheap

5. Have food that is hot and cheap

6. Encounter no line at the bathroom (BONUS - it's not disgusting 5 minutes into the game)

What I'll miss:

1. Saturday night at Loughmiller's

2. The energy and excitement of game day

3. Post game dinner in the city

• Like 1

Looks like there will be fans in most places. Jaguars just announced 25% capacity. I seen another  team announce 14k. Nfl will require masks where fans are allowed. Some fans is better then no fans. Haven’t heard from the colts yet.

There is also some rumors that there may be some players who opt out of the season do to asthma or other health issues including one elite one.   If they do end up pulling off the season will be interesting to see if it ends up just a wasted season or we get good football. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

There is also some rumors that there may be some players who opt out of the season do to asthma or other health issues including one elite one.   If they do end up pulling off the season will be interesting to see if it ends up just a wasted season or we get good football. 

This is the part that concerns me more than anything IF the season happens (next only to the big one, the virus). What good is the football if a whole bunch of elite players opt out, including star QBs?

On 7/5/2020 at 4:25 PM, coltsva said:

I'm ready for a season at home where I can:

1. Turn the game on after the anthem or whatever they are playing in the stadium

2. Turn the game on after the kneeling or whatever statement the players and/or league are making

3. Sit and relax virus free, with nobody around me coughing or sneezing. 

4. Have beer that is cold and cheap

5. Have food that is hot and cheap

6. Encounter no line at the bathroom (BONUS - it's not disgusting 5 minutes into the game)

What I'll miss:

1. Saturday night at Loughmiller's

2. The energy and excitement of game day

3. Post game dinner in the city

To some of your points, even before the Virus hit I haven't been to a game since the 2013 season. Last game I went to we spanked Houston 25-3 and Luck and the Colts got the W.

Your points 4-6 is mainly why I quit going to games, also no dealing with crowds or traffic. I also agree with your first 3 points as of today. I am a guy that has been to around 50 games in my lifetime saying that. I have seen Eric Dickerson live back in the late 80's a few times, same for Jim Harbaugh in the mid 90's so I was going to games before Manning. Since the Manning era up to the 1st 2 years of Luck I went to a lot of games in that time frame (1998-2013, at least 2 a season sometimes 3). As of now I am just older, 48 years old and want to be comfortable watching a Colts game. I have everything I need here as in a big screen TV, Wings, Pizza, Brats, Beer, and a clean bathroom etc.. Good post by the way, we think a like on this.

I planned on going to the bears game. Was going to go with my dad because he’s a bears fan. This was going to be my first game game to see but now it will be ruined.

1 hour ago, chad72 said:

This is the part that concerns me more than anything IF the season happens (next only to the big one, the virus). What good is the football if a whole bunch of elite players opt out, including star QBs?

I don’t think it will be a lot of them opting out. But I could see a few. The nfl is taking a lot of precautions. Players won’t even be able to be in the facility with a cough or sneeze without a couple negative tests.  I think we will see positive tests with the initial screening but hopefully players will be smart off the field and after those initial tests there won’t be many. I read the eagles are going to be testing all coaches and quarantining then until they are all tested. They are even testing their family members that live in the house with them. 

Sone of the stuff like no jersey swaps is dumb. If those players are all tested and cleared before games they should be able to have jersey swaps. Players are laughing at this silly rule.

The nfl is allowing teams to have 2 fan events with players in the preseason as long as protocols are followed. No fans at training camp.

With revenue sharing its probably good to let fans in some stadiums if local governments say its ok. Even if all can’t. That helps with revenue. If stadium workers and fans wear masks they can have 15 to 20 thousand pretty easily socially distancing. 

What will be interesting if there is a vaccine by the end of the year or January maybe playoffs can go back to full stadiums. 

2 hours ago, tweezy32 said:

I planned on going to the bears game. Was going to go with my dad because he’s a bears fan. This was going to be my first game game to see but now it will be ruined.

I have been to around 50 home games in my lifetime but only 1 road game, guess who it was against haha , yep the Bears in 2004. I went with 3 other people, it was a good time. Chicago bars back then stayed open until 5am, they still might lmao . We partied all night Saturday and had a nice hotel. I had like 3 or 4 beers during the game too because I wasn't driving. Colts blew the Bears out that day, great times :thmup: