Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Recommended Posts

https://www.google.com/amp/s/247sports.com/ContentGallery/2021-NFL-Mock-Draft-145681526/Amp/
 

How would you feel about getting an Uber talented QB like Lance next year? I’d personally love it unless they think Eason can be the future. 
 

If the later is the case, I’d love picking up a potential stud at WR to play on the outside long term next to Pittman in Rashod Bateman. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Lance is an amazingly talented and extremely underrated QB prospect. If he fell into our laps, I think you have to consider taking him, no matter how well Eason progresses.

 

As for WR options, I think Rondale Moore, Batemon, or Devontae Smith would all be fantastic options for the future alongside Pittman Jr

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I personally think Ballard will be picking a defensive lineman or an offensive lineman in the first round for the next few years.   We’re going to have to replace AC on the o-line and Houston on the D-line sooner rather than later.  

 

Is it possible he’d go WR?   Yes.   But I don’t think it’s likely.    
 

By the way the ‘21 draft for WR’s is said to be very good again In back to back years.   Not quite as good as the ‘20 class was,  but well above average.   I’m already seeing mocks with 6 more WR’s going on the first round again.   And there is said to be quality depth as well.  

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I personally think Ballard will be picking a defensive lineman or an offensive lineman in the first round for the next few years.   We’re going to have to replace AC on the o-line and Houston on the D-line sooner rather than later.  

 

Is it possible he’d go WR?   Yes.   But I don’t think it’s likely.    
 

By the way the ‘21 draft for WR’s is said to be very good again In back to back years.   Not quite as good as the ‘20 class was,  but well above average.   I’m already seeing mocks with 6 more WR’s going on the first round again.   And there is said to be quality depth as well.  

If Rivers is good, we may re-sign him again to another 1 year deal and keep drafting Lineman and WR's, I agree with that concept. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

I personally think Ballard will be picking a defensive lineman or an offensive lineman in the first round for the next few years.   We’re going to have to replace AC on the o-line and Houston on the D-line sooner rather than later.  

 

Is it possible he’d go WR?   Yes.   But I don’t think it’s likely.    
 

By the way the ‘21 draft for WR’s is said to be very good again In back to back years.   Not quite as good as the ‘20 class was,  but well above average.   I’m already seeing mocks with 6 more WR’s going on the first round again.   And there is said to be quality depth as well.  

 

I do expect a TY like speedster drafted IN 2021. That was the goal with Philip Dorsett but he did not develop as fast as we'd liked and his usage ended up being limited, even in NE. Rondale Moore of Purdue and Jaylen Waddle of Alabama are 2 guys I have my eye on.

 

Similarly, Michigan and Boston College OL have done well in the NFL just like Hawkeyes recently, I remember reading that a while ago. I do like Jaylen Mayfield of Michigan for OT position.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, chad72 said:

 

I do expect a TY like speedster drafted IN 2021. That was the goal with Philip Dorsett but he did not develop as fast as we'd liked and his usage ended up being limited, even in NE. Rondale Moore of Purdue and Jaylen Waddle of Alabama are 2 guys I have my eye on.

 

Similarly, Michigan and Boston College OL have done well in the NFL just like Hawkeyes recently, I remember reading that a while ago. I do like Jaylen Mayfield of Michigan for OT position.

Not sure why you’d bring up Dorsett? As you know he was drafted by Grigson, not Ballard.  

Also not sure why the interest in Moore or Waddle?   They both may be fast but they’re both very small.

 

Moore is reported to be 5’9” and 180

Waddle is 5’10” and 182.

 

I think Ballard prefers size at most positions.   Does he want speed?   Sure, everyone does.  But those guys are really small.   Just saying. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Not sure why you’d bring up Dorsett? As you know he was drafted by Grigson, not Ballard.  

Also not sure why the interest in Moore or Waddle?   They both may be fast but they’re both very small.

 

Moore is reported to be 5’9” and 180

Waddle is 5’10” and 182.

 

I think Ballard prefers size at most positions.   Does he want speed?   Sure, everyone does.  But those guys are really small.   Just saying. 

 

I am talking YAC and a TY like WR unless you feel a WR like TY is not essential to our offense anymore, which I think he is. Dorsett was drafted with the intention of replacing TY at that time, that is why I brought him up.

 

Both Moore and Waddle will bring the YAC element. I think we have enough size but beyond TY, the YAC upside is limited to just Hines and possibly Campbell, IMO. Replacement for TY has to be considered and unless Campbell wows me on that YAC front this year, I wanted to consider a WR with such abilities. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Trey Lance would be a great pick. I would absolutely love to have him. He looks special in the games I've seen. True dual treat QB with very talented arm and great athleticism. Also, much better decision-making than Jordan Love. Also... he actually plays in a system that asks him to play under center and has a lot of pro concepts and even some full field progression reads. He looks closer to Fields and Lawrence than he does to the other QBs in the draft from what I've seen. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

By the way the ‘21 draft for WR’s is said to be very good again In back to back years.   Not quite as good as the ‘20 class was,  but well above average.   I’m already seeing mocks with 6 more WR’s going on the first round again.   And there is said to be quality depth as well.  

I’d argue, from what I’ve seen so far, that the 2021 class might end up better than this years group! Both are amazing, and could be 2 of the best all time!

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, chad72 said:

 

I am talking YAC and a TY like WR unless you feel a WR like TY is not essential to our offense anymore, which I think he is. Dorsett was drafted with the intention of replacing TY at that time, that is why I brought him up.

 

Both Moore and Waddle will bring the YAC element. I think we have enough size but beyond TY, the YAC upside is limited to just Hines and possibly Campbell, IMO. Replacement for TY has to be considered and unless Campbell wows me on that YAC front this year, I wanted to consider a WR with such abilities. 

Two issues....  

 

First, I think you’re misremembering on Dorsett.   PD was drafted in 2015.  Hilton was drafted in 2012.   Just three seasons later.   So, I do not believe one was drafted to replace the other.  PD was drafted to play WITH Hilton.  Honestly, you’re the first person I’ve ever read make the claim.

 

Second, I believe very strongly in the need to have a WR with those qualities,   so I’m agreeing with you there,  but (A) I don’t think you need to use a first round draft pick to do it and (B) remember Hilton himself was a late third round draft pick. 
 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • I would strongly consider signing FA safety Eric Reid.   Than we need to see about focusing on LT, TEs, and DEs for next season.  Worse case may have to see how the Cardinals are using Kelvin Beachum and offer a trade if we end up losing AC early mid-trade season.  Other potential upcoming FA's may look more into would be TB Bucs WR Chris Godwin, TE Gerald Everett, and DE Trent Murphy.     I realized we just paid Kelly at center but oft-injured game-time availability has me wondering how our backup would do.  Am looking at Centers Daniel Kilgore (KC), Evan Brown (Browns) or Josh Andrews (Jets) as potential backup targets.    As for the 2021 draft my early LT target to keep an eye on is Jackson Carman from Clemson in Round 1.  Again I am high on S Hamsah Nasirildeen (Florida St) who went back to school but should still be a first rounder.  TE Pat Freiermuth (Penn St) has me intrigued.  As for DEs had Edge Patrick Jones II (Pitttsburgh) on my wish list in Round 2.  Hilton's age on the end of his career had me looking at WR Nico Collins (Michigan) in Round 3.  Collins has solid hands and no history of drops.
    • I’ve found my new favorite way to watch a game.  Really gives you an idea of what's happening.    You can see play design, who’s out of position, who missed a block, who fell down, even who’s pickin their nose or scratchin their butt. All 22 on the field so you miss nothing.   I especially like to see the blocking bubbles grow or collapse on the line.   I just cant say how much i’m gaining from this.  Each play is run twice...once from sideline (all 22), then from endzone (all 22).  Great to see the plays develop, or a defender fly across the field to a tackle.   No sound, so i will still watch normally first (or radio sometimes for drama), but if anyone never checked it out..... you must!  I cant believe i waited this long.  I have such a better idea of what we’re trying to do and who looks good or bad on EVERY play.   Also, i feel better about last week after watching for some odd reason.  I kept finding myself saying “oh, thats why that happened.”   The normal perspective is such a focused frame , usually on the ball.  We’re missing all the little battles going on in the periphery.
    • Well the misconception was the Jags were going to tank this season. No one told them that.  Your sky is falling opinion is way too pre mature. 
    • My questions are can he find the crack and what will he do mean the crack ain’t there.  Wisconsin doesn’t do cracks, they block chasms against the cornfield circuit.
    • Many die hard colt fans are sugar coating this loss as they want to believe so hard that this was a fluke or lol actually believing the Jags are a good team!  After the Jags just unloaded ALL their probowl talent, you think the roster is loaded?  If their loaded, what do you call this colts roster?  I think the Colts overlooked their opponent even know they haven't won there since a grip.
  • Members

    • funktacious2

      funktacious2 842

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Aces101

      Aces101 122

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
×
×
  • Create New...