Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Early 2021 Mock Draft

https://www.google.com/amp/s/247sports.com/ContentGallery/2021-NFL-Mock-Draft-145681526/Amp/

How would you feel about getting an Uber talented QB like Lance next year? I’d personally love it unless they think Eason can be the future. 

If the later is the case, I’d love picking up a potential stud at WR to play on the outside long term next to Pittman in Rashod Bateman. 

Lance is an amazingly talented and extremely underrated QB prospect. If he fell into our laps, I think you have to consider taking him, no matter how well Eason progresses.

As for WR options, I think Rondale Moore, Batemon, or Devontae Smith would all be fantastic options for the future alongside Pittman Jr

I personally think Ballard will be picking a defensive lineman or an offensive lineman in the first round for the next few years.   We’re going to have to replace AC on the o-line and Houston on the D-line sooner rather than later.  

Is it possible he’d go WR?   Yes.   But I don’t think it’s likely.    

By the way the ‘21 draft for WR’s is said to be very good again In back to back years.   Not quite as good as the ‘20 class was,  but well above average.   I’m already seeing mocks with 6 more WR’s going on the first round again.   And there is said to be quality depth as well.  

34 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I personally think Ballard will be picking a defensive lineman or an offensive lineman in the first round for the next few years.   We’re going to have to replace AC on the o-line and Houston on the D-line sooner rather than later.  

By the way the ‘21 draft for WR’s is said to be very good again In back to back years.   Not quite as good as the ‘20 class was,  but well above average.   I’m already seeing mocks with 6 more WR’s going on the first round again.   And there is said to be quality depth as well.  

If Rivers is good, we may re-sign him again to another 1 year deal and keep drafting Lineman and WR's, I agree with that concept. 

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

I do expect a TY like speedster drafted IN 2021. That was the goal with Philip Dorsett but he did not develop as fast as we'd liked and his usage ended up being limited, even in NE. Rondale Moore of Purdue and Jaylen Waddle of Alabama are 2 guys I have my eye on.

Similarly, Michigan and Boston College OL have done well in the NFL just like Hawkeyes recently, I remember reading that a while ago. I do like Jaylen Mayfield of Michigan for OT position.

12 minutes ago, chad72 said:

I do expect a TY like speedster drafted IN 2021. That was the goal with Philip Dorsett but he did not develop as fast as we'd liked and his usage ended up being limited, even in NE. Rondale Moore of Purdue and Jaylen Waddle of Alabama are 2 guys I have my eye on.

Similarly, Michigan and Boston College OL have done well in the NFL just like Hawkeyes recently, I remember reading that a while ago. I do like Jaylen Mayfield of Michigan for OT position.

Not sure why you’d bring up Dorsett? As you know he was drafted by Grigson, not Ballard.  

Also not sure why the interest in Moore or Waddle?   They both may be fast but they’re both very small.

Moore is reported to be 5’9” and 180

Waddle is 5’10” and 182.

I think Ballard prefers size at most positions.   Does he want speed?   Sure, everyone does.  But those guys are really small.   Just saying. 

16 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Not sure why you’d bring up Dorsett? As you know he was drafted by Grigson, not Ballard.  

Also not sure why the interest in Moore or Waddle?   They both may be fast but they’re both very small.

Moore is reported to be 5’9” and 180

Waddle is 5’10” and 182.

I think Ballard prefers size at most positions.   Does he want speed?   Sure, everyone does.  But those guys are really small.   Just saying. 

I am talking YAC and a TY like WR unless you feel a WR like TY is not essential to our offense anymore, which I think he is. Dorsett was drafted with the intention of replacing TY at that time, that is why I brought him up.

Both Moore and Waddle will bring the YAC element. I think we have enough size but beyond TY, the YAC upside is limited to just Hines and possibly Campbell, IMO. Replacement for TY has to be considered and unless Campbell wows me on that YAC front this year, I wanted to consider a WR with such abilities. 

Trey Lance would be a great pick. I would absolutely love to have him. He looks special in the games I've seen. True dual treat QB with very talented arm and great athleticism. Also, much better decision-making than Jordan Love. Also... he actually plays in a system that asks him to play under center and has a lot of pro concepts and even some full field progression reads. He looks closer to Fields and Lawrence than he does to the other QBs in the draft from what I've seen. 

2 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

I’d argue, from what I’ve seen so far, that the 2021 class might end up better than this years group! Both are amazing, and could be 2 of the best all time!

2 hours ago, chad72 said:

I am talking YAC and a TY like WR unless you feel a WR like TY is not essential to our offense anymore, which I think he is. Dorsett was drafted with the intention of replacing TY at that time, that is why I brought him up.

Both Moore and Waddle will bring the YAC element. I think we have enough size but beyond TY, the YAC upside is limited to just Hines and possibly Campbell, IMO. Replacement for TY has to be considered and unless Campbell wows me on that YAC front this year, I wanted to consider a WR with such abilities. 

Two issues....  

First, I think you’re misremembering on Dorsett.   PD was drafted in 2015.  Hilton was drafted in 2012.   Just three seasons later.   So, I do not believe one was drafted to replace the other.  PD was drafted to play WITH Hilton.  Honestly, you’re the first person I’ve ever read make the claim.

Second, I believe very strongly in the need to have a WR with those qualities,   so I’m agreeing with you there,  but (A) I don’t think you need to use a first round draft pick to do it and (B) remember Hilton himself was a late third round draft pick. 

Archived