Indianapolis Colts
AustexColt

What is the latest update on GOAT Vinitieri?

Is he retiring? We have two candidates looking to take his place.  Have they been working out with ST snapper, holder? 

He’s a free agent. That’s basically all we know at this point. 

Last I heard, he's still rehabbing

Heard they were transplanting Lee Majors’ bionic leg to Vinny.

........ “we can rebuild him”.....

(6 million dollar man reference for all the “kids” out there)

GI Joe had “kung-fu grip”, I often wondered if the 6 million dollar woman was  blessed with it as well.  Only Lee Majors truly knows.

• Haha 5

He's a rehabbing free agent.

He's likely to sign a one day contract and retire.

We have two very capable replacements on the roster currently.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Scott Pennock said:

He's a rehabbing free agent.

He's likely to sign a one day contract and retire.

We have two very capable replacements on the roster currently.

I surely hope he does exactly that. Vinny is done. A one day contract to retire as a Colt would be the perfect way to end it. 

• Like 1

Update? I want to know when his 

Out date is. Time to go old pro!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, krunk said:

Update? I want to know when his 

Out date is. Time to go old pro!

Meh. I don’t disagree that he needs to hang them up and retire but I wouldn’t put it quite like that

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Meh. I don’t disagree that he needs to hang them up and retire but I wouldn’t put it quite like that

I mean, it's cold, sure, but it's exactly the situation as it needs to play out, with more tact and window dressing

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Shafty138 said:

I mean, it's cold, sure, but it's exactly the situation as it needs to play out, with more tact and window dressing

Yeah I agree

5 hours ago, Hoose said:

I surely hope he does exactly that. Vinny is done. A one day contract to retire as a Colt would be the perfect way to end it. 

Who is to say he will retire as a Colt?

He does have more hardware with the Patriots so who knows how he feels?

Sign him for one game, let him hit that last FG, then retire.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Catloaf said:

Sign him for one game, let him hit that last FG, then retire.

Yeah, but how many FG's will he miss before he hits that last one? :D

• Haha 1

Going Out At Top

Would love to see him get 600 and extend his records, but doubtful.

In Mathis interview with McAfee Robert said knowing Adam, he's not likely to go down without a fight, so we'll see.

I'm pulling for the old man.

:goat:

• Like 1

For what? He cost the team at least 2 games by himself last year, and you still want this guy on the team? Why not ask for Grigson since we believe in chances. Btw Vinny's down fall was apparent before the season started last year.

What happened in the Cheifs playoff game? You know what the same people who wants Vinny back will say? "It doesn't matter, the game was already set".

Well I guess last season was a continuation from what I saw in the playoffs, yet some folks want Vinny back for a third chance? Btw, this team doesn't have AL at center. Not that AL was AR, or TB, or Wilson, but those come back wins are that much more difficult when your kicker is missing em'.

I believe they want Vinny back to break some kind of FG record (A feel good story). However, 65-70% of the story, Vinny wasn't even in Indy. Kanye shrug.

• Like 2

I love Vinny, he is the GOAT, belongs in the Hall, belongs in our Ring of Honor, and was an important player during our 2006 SB run but it is time to move on.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Rackeen305 said:

I believe they want Vinny back to break some kind of FG record (A feel good story). However, 65-70% of the story, Vinny wasn't even in Indy. Kanye shrug.

He spent 10 years with the Pats, but the last 15 years with the Colts.

Yeah he won 3 SBs and had some iconic kicks in those 10 years with the Pats, but the bulk of his stats and record-breaking was during his 15 years with the Colts.

So for more than 50% of the story, Vinny was in Indy.

MelodicValidDipper-small.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, Rackeen305 said:

For what? He cost the team at least 2 games by himself last year, and you still want this guy on the team? Why not ask for Grigson since we believe in chances. Btw Vinny's down fall was apparent before the season started last year.

What happened in the Cheifs playoff game? You know what the same people who wants Vinny back will say? "It doesn't matter, the game was already set".

Well I guess last season was a continuation from what I saw in the playoffs, yet some folks want Vinny back for a third chance? Btw, this team doesn't have AL at center. Not that AL was AR, or TB, or Wilson, but those come back wins are that much more difficult when your kicker is missing em'.

I hope he isn't back.   There are decent young kickers out there.  It's time to move on.   His FG% has decreased for 5 years in a row.   He may do OK in the 2020 season but he'll need replaced after the season and we have decent options now.   

2 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

Yeah he won 3 SBs and had some iconic kicks in those 10 years with the Pats, but the bulk of his stats and record-breaking was during his 15 years with the Colts.

Kind of true.   Outside of Colts fans, Adam Vinatieri is thought of as a Patriot to most people.  

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Myles said:

Kind of true.   Outside of Colts fans, Adam Vinatieri is thought of as a Patriot to most people.  

I think to most people it is 50/50. He's played here longer and won a SB here too. To fans that are real young like 25 years old or younger, most probably remember him as a Colt mainly.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I love Vinny, he is the GOAT, belongs in the Hall, belongs in our Ring of Honor, and was an important player during our 2006 SB run but it is time to move on.

Totally agree. It would be nice to have the same kicker who kicks field goals and extra points, to also do kick offs for a change. I know as he got older they had to Game manage Vinny's kicking time to help save his leg, but it's time for the youth movement for that job. He's obviously had a great run. He has a great love of playing this game, and it shows.   

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, horseshoecrabs said:

Totally agree. It would be nice to have the same kicker who kicks field goals and extra points, to also do kick offs for a change. I know as he got older they had to Game manage Vinny's kicking time to help save his leg, but it's time for the youth movement for that job. He's obviously had a great run. He has a great love of playing this game, and it shows.   

Why does it matter if the kicker does kickoffs?  Ridgo is good at it and McAfee was maybe the leagues best at it.  Lots of teams have their punters do kickoffs.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Why does it matter if the kicker does kickoffs?  Ridgo is good at it and McAfee was maybe the leagues best at it.  Lots of teams have their punters do kickoffs.

Pat was really great, he was good at onsides kicks too.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Pat was really great, he was good at onsides kicks too.

I was actually hoping Pat was going to take over and do all 3 after AV retired. Pat kicked FG's in college.

AV just never retired. Pat neat him to it.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

I have a serious question, If you were to ask AV heart to heart, Is he truly a Colt or a Patriot first... Im sure he would say politically correct things but down inside, he has to be a Patriot. Nothing wrong with that.

Just the same as Peyton being asked the same question, if he deep inside feels like a Bronco or Colt, PM would (75%) say Colt. 

5 hours ago, Myles said:

This was precisely my point. AV won 3 SBs with Patriots. Non with Colts, he's done remarkable things but if you see AV highlight reels, more than 50% would relate to his tenure with the Patriots not the Colts.

I know that some people want AV to brake a darn record, But the game in which Malik Hooker played against Rivers and the Chargers in 2019, It was Hooker who picked off Rivers in the endzone, and it was AV who went 1/3.... Final score: Colts 24 Chargers 30.

Let's resign AV to another season of costing games to set a record in a Colts uni. (sounds about right. A Colts homer to me) Let's set a record (AFC-South Champs 20 years running), forget about the game. Kanye Shrug.

Lastly, Mike Vanderjagt... Alright Colts fans, I wont remind us. Never heard from Mike V since costing Colts a hard, hard fought playoff game against the would be Superbowl champs Steelers.

3 minutes ago, Rackeen305 said:

I have a serious question, If you were to ask AV heart to heart, Is he truly a Colt or a Patriot first...  Im sure he would say politically correct things but down inside, he has to be a Patriot.

Are you asking me?  Or just answering your own question?  :funny:

But to answer your question:  Eh.  I doubt it.  They let him go when he was still in his prime.  He could have had 6 rings if they'd kept him his entire career.  There's gotta be a little resentment there.  :thinking:

He was signed by the Colts and embraced as family by the organization and the fans, and was a Colt 50% longer than he was a Patriot.  To the point that we held on to him a year longer than we probably should have.  :dunno:

4 minutes ago, Rackeen305 said:

Non with Colts

:scratch:  He won a SB his first year as a Colt... (2006)

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Rackeen305 said:

I have a serious question, If you were to ask AV heart to heart, Is he truly a Colt or a Patriot first... Im sure he would say politically correct things but down inside, he has to be a Patriot. Nothing wrong with that.

Just the same as Peyton being asked the same question, if he deep inside feels like a Bronco or Colt, PM would (75%) say Colt. 

This was precisely my point. AV won 3 SBs with Patriots. Non with Colts, he's done remarkable things but if you see AV highlight reels, more than 50% would relate to his tenure with the Patriots not the Colts.

I know that some people want AV to brake a darn record, But the game in which Malik Hooker played against Rivers and the Chargers in 2019, It was Hooker who picked off Rivers in the endzone, and it was AV who went 1/3.... Final score: Colts 24 Chargers 30.

Let's resign AV to another season of costing games to set a record in a Colts uni. (sounds about right. A Colts homer to me) Let's set a record (AFC-South Champs 20 years running), forget about the game. Kanye Shrug.

Lastly, Mike Vanderjagt... Alright Colts fans, I wont remind us. Never heard from Mike V since costing Colts a hard, hard fought playoff game against the would be Superbowl champs Steelers.

He won a SB with the Colts in 2006 with Indy and kicked 5 FG's in the Divisional Round at Baltimore. He is the only reason why I liked the 2006 team over the 2005 team because he was automatic unlike the other drunk kicker we had.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

He won a SB with the Colts in 2006 with Indy and kicked 5 FG's in the Divisional Round at Baltimore. 

Just about to post this.

That Baltimore game was a grind.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

He won a SB with the Colts in 2006 with Indy and kicked 5 FG's in the Divisional Round at Baltimore. He is the only reason why I liked the 2006 team over the 2005 team because he was automatic unlike the other drunk kicker we had.

So people over looked my entire post to bring up 1 SB ring which I totally forgot about. So that One 1 ring in Indy is why we should bring AV back on the team?

So lets over look, the recent. The game in which Malik Hooker played against Rivers and the Chargers in 2019, It was Hooker who picked off Rivers in the endzone, and it was AV who went 1/3.... Final score: Colts 24 Chargers 30. Colts start the year 0-1. But let's get rid of JB, and sign Rivers because it was JBs fault that we lost by 6. BTW, going into this game, there were alot of fans crushing or calling Malik out. I dont know if you remember, but I remember the tone in this chat prior to the opener. All Malik did was show up and ball with key interceptions (ironically against our "new QB"), something he's done his entire career. Those same fans wanna get rid of Hooker, JB and keep AV?

The very first game of the year AV went 1 for 3 (Colts lost by 6pts = 2 FGs). The first game back from playoffs against Chiefs where AV went 1 for 2. The opposing kicker Chiefs kicker went 4 for 4.

Steelers game final score: Colts 24 Steelers 26. AV goes 1 for 2. (had we made all FGs we would have won that game. 

So why do you really want AV? to lose? or are you stuck on 14 years ago AV? 

5 minutes ago, Rackeen305 said:

So people over looked my entire post to bring up 1 SB ring which I totally forgot about. So that One 1 ring in Indy is why we should bring AV back on the team?

Uh, none of us that responded to your last few posts said we want AV back.  In fact, I believe we all think it's time to move on.

We were just pointing out some of the things you were wrong about.  :hat:

• Like 1

So lets over look, the recent. The game in which Malik Hooker played against Rivers and the Chargers in 2019, It was Hooker who picked off Rivers in the endzone, and it was AV who went 1/3.... Final score: Colts 24 Chargers 30.

The very first game of the year AV went 1 for 3 (Colts lost by 6pts = 2 FGs). The first game back from playoffs against Chiefs where AV went 1 for 2. The opposing kicker went 4 for 4. BTW, going into this game, there were alot of fans crushing or calling Malik out. I dont know if you remember, but I remember the tone in this chat. All Malik did was show up and ball with key interceptions (ironically against our "new QB"), something he's done his entire career. Those same fans wanna get rid of Hooker and keep AV?

I don't think we should bring AV back, I have already posted that. I said it was time to move on. If you scroll up you will see where I posted that. When you said he had no SB wins with us, I just wanted to let you know he does. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

Uh, none of us that responded to your last few posts said we want AV back.  In fact, I believe we all think it's time to move on.

We were just pointing out some of the things you were wrong about.  :hat:

Mannnnnnnnnn. Some folk need a life, Just come to troll about insignificant points that doesn't change the narrative. "Oh well, AV did help us win 1 ring", I know its not 3 like at the Patiots though, but you were wrong because you forgot about the 1 Indy ring. 

Mannnnnn. smh I done forgot more Football than most will ever learn. But they cant bring up heavy informed proof to support their opinion. Just 1 forgotten fact? come on now. that was weak. I discussed games, stats, players, everything except the darn weather.

6 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

From 6 hours ago.

Mannnnnnnnnn. Some folk need a life, Just come to troll about insignificant points that doesn't change the narrative. "Oh well, AV did help us win 1 ring", I know its not 3 like at the Patiots though, but you were wrong because you forgot about the 1 Indy ring. 

Mannnnnn. smh I done forgot more Football than most will ever learn. But they cant bring up heavy informed proof to support their opinion. Just 1 forgotten fact? come on now. that was weak. I discussed games, stats, players, everything except the darn weather.

I seriously doubt you know more football than many posters in here. If you couldn't even remember that Vinny won a SB as our kicker in 2006 than I doubt it. I am sure you know a lot though :thmup:

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Rackeen305 said:

Don't get all bent outta shape.  Why are you even ranting about Vinny in the first place?  Literally one person said they're "pulling for the old man" and would like to see him get 600 and extend records, but they even admitted it's "doubtful".

EVERYONE else said it's time to move on.  But then you go on a rant about Vinny, and end it with "65-70% of the story wasn't in Indy"... you leave out that bogus line, and we don't end up here...  smh

And quit with the tired line "I talk football, nobody else talks real football".  That's weak.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

Don't get all bent outta shape.  Why are you even ranting about Vinny in the first place?  Literally one person said they're "pulling for the old man" and would like to see him get 600 and extend records, but they even admitted it's "doubtful".

EVERYONE else said it's time to move on.  But then you go on a rant about Vinny, and end it with "65-70% of the story wasn't in Indy"... you leave out that bogus line, and we don't end up here...  smh

And quit with the tired line "I talk football, nobody else talks real football".  That's weak.

What I can't stand is when someone joins a conversation and they don't read all the posts and assume things. People need to learn to scroll up and read all the posts before posting. I have had that happen to me several times over the years. Before I comment on any thread I read all the posts on a certain thread. It isn't that hard but some people don't do it?? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

What I can't stand is when someone joins a conversation and they don't read all the posts and assume things. People need to learn to scroll up and read all the posts before posting. I have had that happen to me several times over the years. Before I comment on any thread I read all the posts on a certain thread. It isn't that hard but some people don't do it?? 

I think for myself. My thoughts are never dependent on anyone. If you don't agree, then show proof as I've said before. Football that's all. Btw, I entered the post without quoting anyone.

If you felt hurt, bothered, impacted by what I said then that's your prerogative, right? Anyways back to football because I spoke nothing but football from the very first post. i.e. Colts players, opposing players, outcome, Numbers, etc. For why AV shouldn't be signed.

I'm not sure what you are talking about .

9 minutes ago, Rackeen305 said:

I think for myself. My thoughts are never dependent on anyone. If you don't agree, then show proof as I've said before. Football that's all. Btw, I entered the post without quoting anyone.

If you felt hurt, bothered, impacted by what I said then that's your prerogative, right? Anyways back to football because I spoke nothing but football from the very first post. i.e. Colts players, opposing players, outcome, Numbers, etc. For why AV shouldn't be signed.

I'm not sure what you are talking about .

If you would've just scrolled up and seen where I had posted it was time to move on from AV then you and I agree 100% in the 1st place. No big deal.

2 hours ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

So at what point was I wrong? The 65-70% part or forgetting that AV had 1 ring? If it's the later then I'm done. Everything else would be for your entertainment and I've already made my points about AV.

But for "your" entertainment, the Colts should sign Antonio Brown, or my other favorite WR Josh MF Gordon Baby! He's the closest thing to Julio Jones.