Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Over/Under Darius Leonard


Over/Under Darius Leonard   

29 members have voted

  1. 1. Career high 7 sacks

    • Over
      14
    • Under
      16


Recommended Posts

With the addition of Buckner, I see a break out year from Leonard, with a double digit sack season, with what I predict to be 11 sacks. 

 

Grover Stewart was starting to come into his own as well, and was taking on double teams. It's going to be a great year for the dline. 

 

Stampede Blue has a nice write up covering the dline if you're interested: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.stampedeblue.com/platform/amp/2020/6/18/21295733/a-look-at-the-colts-dl-room-ahead-of-training-camp

 

Ballard didnt lie to us. He really does build from the lines out. 

 

Anyone want to throw out a prediction on how many sacks Moore gets? 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Dang, after reading the piece, if Turay comes back strong...

I could see 4 or 5 guys pushing to reach double digit sacks!

Now wouldn't that be exciting.

:rock:

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll be bold and say 10 sacks. I can see Leonard getting a lot of clean up sacks after QBs have to step up to try to avoid Buckner.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jmac_48 said:

Dang, after reading the piece, if Turay comes back strong...

I could see 4 or 5 guys pushing to reach double digit sacks!

Now wouldn't that be exciting.

:rock:

Buckner

Houston

Turay

Leonard

 

 

Who is number 5?

 

If we have 2 that reach double digit sacks I would be happy.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm gonna go the other way on this.  If Buckner performs as advertised, and Turay actually manages to play a whole season without injury, we won't need Leonard to be sent against the QB.  We can play a fuller defense.  Or, "put the aces in their places", as we used to say at Mc D's back in the day when I used to work there.  Instead, I'm gonna bet that Leonard's interception totals rise.  The greater pressure from the other guys will produce more quick, forced throws.  Which will wind up in Leonard's mighty mitts!

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, w87r said:

Buckner

Houston

Turay

Leonard

 

 

Who is number 5?

 

If we have 2 that reach double digit sacks I would be happy.

Okay, I got a little carried away, but 3 or 4 sacks by others could add up?

 

My over/under for this season is Colts get 50+ sacks.

Just got a good feeling!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I think a huge piece is Turay. He's got elite level pass rush skills from the tape I've watched of him and how he fit into the defense. Stay healthy and I think he could put up 8+ sacks.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, John Hammonds said:

I'm gonna go the other way on this.  If Buckner performs as advertised, and Turay actually manages to play a whole season without injury, we won't need Leonard to be sent against the QB.  We can play a fuller defense.  Or, "put the aces in their places", as we used to say at Mc D's back in the day when I used to work there.  Instead, I'm gonna bet that Leonard's interception totals rise.  The greater pressure from the other guys will produce more quick, forced throws.  Which will wind up in Leonard's mighty mitts!


absolutely.  The best ways to play D almost always involve the front 4 taking care of the pass rush.

Link to post
Share on other sites

It's rare for 3-4 LB to have 10 sacks. Not one 3-4 LB did it last year. So going to say he's under (I'll go with 7), but will also have 7 INTs, which would have led the league last year (all positions). Leonard led all LBs with 5 INTs last year which is pretty amazing, and that number should go up with an improved pass rush.

 

Now if Eberful starts running more man D, and throws in some LB blitzes, than perhaps 10 sacks is possible, but that would be big departure from last year.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Luck 4 president said:

When was the last time an off ball LBer got 10 sacks? Has it ever happened? 

Ten 3-4 LBs had 10 or more last year, but no 4-3 LBs.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, EastStreet said:

Ten 3-4 LBs had 10 or more last year, but no 4-3 LBs.

Ya those are all edge rushers like Von Miller and Khalil Mack that had 10+. I don’t think an off-ball LB (4-3 LB or 3-4 ILB) has ever hit the 10 sack mark. From what I could find, Urlacher had 8 and that’s the closest

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Luck 4 president said:

Ya those are all edge rushers like Von Miller and Khalil Mack that had 10+. I don’t think an off-ball LB (4-3 LB or 3-4 ILB) has ever hit the 10 sack mark. From what I could find, Urlacher had 8 and that’s the closest

If Flus would get more exotic on 3rd down, it might be more possible. He said last year he wanted to play more man, but aside from the KC game (in which 2 of KCs top OL were out, and their best WR was out) I just don't recall all that much man. I'd love to see some man mixed in with 3rd down S and LB blitzes, but just not sure Reich and Flus will go that direction. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...