Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Pittman and Teammates Begin Workouts

4 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Goodness Michael was so timid in that interview which is very surprising since he does YouTube.

I think he’s still a little homesick and off balance from the move. He’s only been here now for a couple of days and Indiana is vastly different compared to SoCal. 

I think we’ll see that swagger return once training camp starts and he digs in. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, CR91 said:

Goodness Michael was so timid in that interview which is very surprising since he does YouTube.

I listened to it yesterday and thought the same thing.

1 hour ago, CR91 said:

I don’t know if you were aware but he has a speech impediment. He has had trouble with stuttering. So sometimes it takes him awhile to get to his thoughts. Interviews I would imagine are very hard on him. We will just have to have patience when he does interviews.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
27 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I don’t know if you were aware but he has a speech impediment. He has had trouble with stuttering. So sometimes it takes him awhile to get to his thoughts. Interviews I would imagine are very hard on him. We will just have to have patience when he does interviews.

I did know, but I was just taken back by it since he does so many videos.

• Like 1

What a likable kid.  I will be pulling for his success. 

He’s so calm and “nice”, i hope he has a switch he flips come gametime. I would love to see an aggressive mean-streak to go with that bog body.

Let him be roomates with Nelson for camp!

• Like 1

He's likable, but he sure seems stoned out of his mind. Repeating himself every sentence, sometimes 3-4 times. That was very uncomfortable to watch - his eye movement alone was very bizarre. He looked like Stevie Wonder most of the interview. 

I had a very good feeling about this guy until I saw this interview. Now I'm pretty concerned about his ability to mentally process the game as it unfolds before him.

Perhaps it's just a speech/eye contact impediment. 

Perhaps it's drugs.

I guess we'll see! 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 2
23 minutes ago, Dogg63 said:

He's likable, but he sure seems stoned out of his mind. Repeating himself every sentence, sometimes 3-4 times. That was very uncomfortable to watch - his eye movement alone was very bizarre. He looked like Stevie Wonder most of the interview. 

I had a very good feeling about this guy until I saw this interview. Now I'm pretty concerned about his ability to mentally process the game as it unfolds before him.

Perhaps it's drugs.

I guess we'll see! 

That’s a lot of assumptions... 

The camera angle doesn’t help. Most people look “stoned” from that viewpoint. 

I have ptosis, where my right eyelid hangs down lower compared to my left. People, especially my students, often think I’m on drugs based on this fact. Obviously my comparison isn’t the same compared to Michael, but I’d like to give him the benefit of doubt here that it just wasn’t one of his better interviews. 

53 minutes ago, Dogg63 said:

Perhaps it's drugs.

I guess we'll see! 

He has a speech problem. He has had s stuttering issue his entire life. That’s why it takes time for him to get the words out.

Get used to those kind of interviews with him. His speech issue isn’t going away.

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Dogg63 said:

Perhaps it's drugs.

I guess we'll see! 

Is this a serious comment?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Dogg63 said:

Perhaps it's drugs.

I guess we'll see! 

Are you serious? I hope your post gets removed entirely. I had to sign in and say something for this one. Shame on you. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, RollerColt said:

That’s a lot of assumptions... 

The camera angle doesn’t help. Most people look “stoned” from that viewpoint. 

I have ptosis, where my right eyelid hangs down lower compared to my left. People, especially my students, often think I’m on drugs based on this fact. Obviously my comparison isn’t the same compared to Michael, but I’d like to give him the benefit of doubt here that it just wasn’t one of his better interviews. 

My eyes do not focus together so I understand they don’t think I am on drugs but there are times they don’t know who I am talking to

I've been watching him and Kiana since a little before the draft. That is exactly how he is in the vlogs lol. Just super calm and slower pace of speaking. I saw nothing out of the norm in this interview. I can't wait for #86!!

• Like 2
8 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

He has a speech problem. He has had s stuttering issue his entire life. That’s why it takes time for him to get the words out.

Get used to those kind of interviews with him. His speech issue isn’t going away.

There's the answer, thanks Chloe.

https://www.ocregister.com/2019/08/29/how-michael-pittman-jr-overcame-a-stutter-to-become-a-face-of-usc-football/

• Like 1
21 hours ago, CR91 said:

Really cute couple.   Not a fan of horseradish though!

• Like 1
17 hours ago, Dogg63 said:

Perhaps it's drugs.

I guess we'll see! 

Give the kid a chance.  Although it was an awkward interview, he did very well in face to face interviews and press conferences at USC.  The university does not shield them from the L.A. fishbowl media market. They’re groomed for it from their sophomore year on.  It says a lot about Mike, and overcoming a speech impediment, that he chose USC knowing the requirement is also to be active And participate in interviews and social media.  

Don’t let his quiet demeanor off the field fool you, watch his tape.  Mike was a 5* recruit, on both sides of the ball.  We had another very shy and soft spoken player off the field, that was a terror on it....Troy Polamalu. 

*Mike was also a good student, could have been accepted to USC on his own academic merit, without the lower athletic academic acceptance requirement.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
33 minutes ago, 1USCTrojan said:

Give the kid a chance.  Although it was an awkward interview, he did very well in face to face interviews and press conferences at USC.  The university does not shield them from the L.A. fishbowl media market. They’re groomed for it from their sophomore year on.  It says a lot about Mike, and overcoming a speech impediment, that he chose USC knowing the requirement is also to be active And participate in interviews and social media.  

Don’t let his quiet demeanor off the field fool you, watch his tape.  Mike was a 5* recruit, on both sides of the ball.  We had another very shy and soft spoken player off the field, that was a terror on it....Troy Polamalu. 

*Mike was also a good student, could have been accepted to USC on his own academic merit, without the lower athletic academic acceptance requirement.

Thanks for the inside info.

Welcome to the Forum!

• Like 1
20 hours ago, Dogg63 said:

From the article about his lifelong stutter:

..."In his speech therapy classes with a handful of other students, Pittman learned to pause and speak more slowly to draw out his thoughts and minimize the chances of a stutter."...

..."Not that Pittman isn’t a thoughtful interview; he’s evolved into one of the public faces and leaders of the Trojans because of his honesty and insight. But his pace is just a way of keeping the stutter at bay."...

• Like 3