Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What happened to Bob Sanders

This guy is a really good YouTuber. He makes videos like this all the time. Enjoy!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
12 minutes ago, CR91 said:

This guy is a really good YouTuber. He makes videos like this all the time. Enjoy!

I watch flemlo all the time. Dudes got some good content even if you're not a colts fan. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, NannyMcafee said:

DougDont. 

I guess with the praise I was expecting the video to be something else.  Overall, I thought he was really repetitive.

I agree though, Sanders changed the defense when he was in, but is underappreciated.  Probably never played enough games to get the critical mass needed for broader recognition.  Sanders was every bit as good as Palomalu, for example. 

• Like 2

I heard he settled back into the deepest part of the ocean. Something about doing push ups on the ocean floor.

Or something along those lines..

:)

• Haha 1
4 hours ago, IndyD4U said:

He was at the game last year when Dwight went into the ROH. Dude is still jacked

Yeah, that was the first question that came to my mind, is he still jacked or was he on any enhancing substances?

Offensive lineman especially, Joe Thomas and Jeff Saturday to note a few, have lost anywhere from 50-80 lbs off their playing weight, it seems like. It makes you wonder which positions require you to put on disproportionate weight compared to what you can?

2 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Yeah, that was the first question that came to my mind, is he still jacked or was he on any enhancing substances?

Offensive lineman especially, Joe Thomas and Jeff Saturday to note a few, have lost anywhere from 50-80 lbs off their playing weight, it seems like. It makes you wonder which positions require you to put on disproportionate weight compared to what you can?

O-Linemen seems the big one. Did you see when Alan Faneca retired, dropped 100 pounds and ran a marathon. 

In my opinion, he was the best Colts defensive player since I've been a fan (early 1990's).   Leonard may be taking that title for me though.   

It was truly amazing how different the defense was when he was on the field.   Looked like a whole different team.   I've never seen 1 guy make the defense look like night and day depending if he was on the field.  

• Like 3
8 hours ago, Luck 4 president said:

Bob got hurt after 2 weeks

But he took down half the evil by then and left the rest to Chuck Norris!!! :) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
20 hours ago, Myles said:

In my opinion, he was the best Colts defensive player since I've been a fan (early 1990's).   Leonard may be taking that title for me though.   

It was truly amazing how different the defense was when he was on the field.   Looked like a whole different team.   I've never seen 1 guy make the defense look like night and day depending if he was on the field.  

agree. Steve Emtman would have been.  Incredible talent.

• Like 3
  • 1 month later...
11 hours ago, Dogg63 said:

Some more excellent Bob highlights!

Being 5'8" myself, Bob always gave me hope as a high schooler. 

His on-field awareness was next level. 

• Like 2

He only played more than 6 games two times in his career.  He was a first-team all-pro and pro-bowler both times.  He had a 44 inch vertical and a 4.3 forty and was a freak of an athlete.  Unfortunately, he had trouble staying healthy throughout his career or he would likely have gone down as an all-time great.   

On 6/18/2020 at 9:33 AM, TheNextGM said:

Was my favourite Colt for a few years. 
Changed the game in the Super Bowl when he cause the fumble.

Yes, even though he only played 4 games in the 2006 regular season, his return for the playoffs was huge. We had the worst run D in the league (every game that year, in regular season, we let up >100 yards rushing) and in the playoffs we had the second best allowing only 73 yards per game.  Aside from the forced fumble in the SB, he had a big play in the AFCCG breaking up a pass with 2:30 seconds left in the 4th quarter when we were down 34-31 on a 3rd and 4 (scroll to 2 hr  2 min portion of this video: https://www.colts.com/video/2006-afc-championship-game-indianapolis-colts-vs-new-england-patriots).  Had the Pats converted, they would've run out the clock.  He also intercepted Rex Grossman with ~10 min. left in the 4th quarter (the drive after Hayden took a INT to the house to put us up 29-17) which did a lot to kill any chance of a comeback from the Bears.  Look how fast he closes on this ball: 

• Thanks 1
On 6/19/2020 at 8:10 AM, Myles said:

We simply don't win the SB without him. The 3 most important players during that playoff run were Peyton, Bob, and Vinny (yes Vinny). Vinny was lights out vs Baltimore. Back to Bob, when he returned our defense looked like the Steel Curtain lmao 

• Like 1
11 hours ago, The Fish said:

In the same vein, how's Austin Collie these days? That guy got rocked about as bad as anyone I've seen, multiple times.

Good call. Blair White was another one

I remember joking, only Peyton Manning could make Blair White look like a star :)

On 8/13/2020 at 4:11 PM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

We simply don't win the SB without him. The 3 most important players during that playoff run were Peyton, Bob, and Vinny (yes Vinny). Vinny was lights out vs Baltimore. Back to Bob, when he returned our defense looked like the Steel Curtain lmao 

I still say Dom Rhodes should have got SB MVP.

He closed the game out for us.  They just couldn't tackle the guy.

• Like 1
On 6/19/2020 at 6:10 AM, Myles said:

Leonard is god, but Sanders was such a difference maker. God, his physicality was unparalleled. I have only seen a couple of D  players who played at his level. In Leonards absence, the D really never regressed. When Bob came back from injury, which were many, he totally changed the D.  My fav NFL player of all time.

• Thanks 1
22 hours ago, WoolMagnet said:

IMO it wasn't only Rhodes, it was Addia also. They should have been co MVPs. 

Addia had 77 yds rushing plus 10 catches for 66 yds and how many 1st downs? 

He was targeted 10 times and caught 10. 

Just saying. 

• Like 1
22 hours ago, WoolMagnet said:

Peyton deserved MVP because he managed the game beautifully switching plays to runs confusing the Bears all game. He also played good enough to win MVP, he didn't play great but good and for a QB that deserves MVP. Without Peyton, Dom or Addia would've never had the game they had.

41 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Peyton deserved MVP because he managed the game beautifully switching plays to runs confusing the Bears all game. He also played good enough to win MVP, he didn't play great but good and for a QB that deserves MVP. Without Peyton, Dom or Addia would've never had the game they had.

If you think about it the defense out played the offense quite a bit.

They held the Bears to 11 1st downs, 3/10 on 3rd dn., 2 picks and 3 fumble recoveries out of 4 forced. 

Take the Hester opening kick off TD return away and the Bears only have 10 points. 

Wilkins also played huge in the super bowl. He had 4 kick off returns for 89 yards and 3 punt returns for 42 yds. 

• Like 2
10 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

If you think about it the defense out played the offense quite a bit.

They held the Bears to 11 1st downs, 3/10 on 3rd dn., 2 picks and 3 fumble recoveries out of 4 forced. 

Take the Hester opening kick off TD return away and the Bears only have 10 points. 

Wilkins also played huge in the super bowl. He had 4 kick off returns for 89 yards and 3 punt returns for 42 yds. 

When Bob Sanders came back and we smoked KC in that 1st playoff game, I knew it was over. I had friends telling me that Baltimore would just man handle us, I was laughing, I said ok. We took it to them too. They even had big bad Ray and Ed Reed. Then I had friends telling me we never beat the Pats, I said ok. Peyton takes us down on the game winning drive. I am long time friends with 2 Bears fans, they were telling that Peyton chokes, they got this. I said ok. After we won they didn't call me for 2 weeks lmao . What could anyone say at that point :funny:. Memories are awesome!

• Like 3