Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

5 hours ago, CR91 said:

The whole draft class is signed now

I don’t think we understand how special this kid can be. Everytime I put in his tape I get more and more excited. 

• Like 4
11 hours ago, CoachLite said:

Now everyone can breathe easy ... or is there more suspense to follow?

Just the cancellation of the season due to covid-19 concerns, but other than that, I’m sure we will stumble upon something to cause us grief. 

glad everyone is signed, now, I just hope they get to play football and the season doesn’t become a season of protest and political statements. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Jdubu said:

Just the cancellation of the season due to covid-19 concerns, but other than that, I’m sure we will stumble upon something to cause us grief. 

glad everyone is signed, now, I just hope they get to play football and the season doesn’t become a season of protest and political statements. 

Some sizeable protests outside the stadiums on game day should be Expected.
  Never waste an opportunity, especially in an election year. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
3 hours ago, throwing BBZ said:

Sizable protests?     Outside the stadium?    In Indiana?    Really?

Have there been protests of Floyd in Indianapolis the last three weeks?     IF so,  I haven’t read about them.   I don’t recall protests in 18, 16, 14 or 12.   And those were all election years....

Im just asking and thinking out loud.  I obviously don’t live there...

• Confused 1
3 hours ago, throwing BBZ said:

5 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Sizable protests?     Outside the stadium?    In Indiana?    Really?

Have there been protests of Floyd in Indianapolis the last three weeks?     IF so,  I haven’t read about them.   I don’t recall protests in 18, 16, 14 or 12.   And those were all election years....

Im just asking and thinking out loud.  I obviously don’t live there...

Politely, can I ask that we keep this to football please. This will only inevitably lead to a wider discussion which is being had away from the football forums in Misc. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
7 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Ballard has said possibly October.   I’ll believe it when I see it. 

Yeah, I remember doing a double take at that statement from Ballard because Blackmon said he was hopeful for like a December/January return or something. We shall see.

• Thanks 1
43 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

Yeah, I remember doing a double take at that statement from Ballard because Blackmon said he was hopeful for like a December/January return or something. We shall see.

I haven't seen anything about December 2020 (his injury occurred in Dec 2019, so maybe that's part of the confusion).

The only thing I saw (besides Ballard's statement about October) was that he was expected to be medically cleared by July.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

Honestly...   I had not read the quote from Blackmon about Dec/Jan.   But that feels more right.   October just feels way too optimistic for a kid who was operated on in early January.  Nit saying it’s impossible.

I just keep remembering Hooker the year after his injury in 17.   I never thought his leg looked good in 18.   His running always felt labored to me...  not easy and relaxed.   I’ll be thrilled if we get any quality play out of Blackmon this year.   But I’m hoping he’s dramatically improved in ‘21. 

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Dogg63 said:

I haven't seen anything about December 2020 (his injury occurred in Dec 2019, so maybe that's part of the confusion).

The only thing I saw (besides Ballard's statement about October) was that he was expected to be medically cleared by July.

Yeah I can’t find the quote for the life of me so I could be unintentionally making things up. 

I know his injury occurred in December, just thought I remembered reading a pre-draft interview where he gave a longer timeline than Ballard did later on. Now thinking back, it could’ve even been an estimation by a scout/analyst/etc.

I do agree with NCF in that I’d be pleasantly surprised if we see quality play from him that early on.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Dogg63 said:

Blackmon’s injury was indeed in December...    but it happened in the bowl game Utah played in and I believe that game was in very late Dec...   like the 30th or 31st.   So the surgery was early January...  

From what little I saw this kid has a great future and yet another DB that could fill in for several positions

With no camp, I really don’t see him contributing much.... 

Let him get 100% and be a rising star in 2021.

If he somehow heals fast we get a decent backup that can be one of the nickel DBs in late Nov/Dec

Im not counting on it....   It usually takes 12-18 months to get back up and going at full speed from this injury

• Like 2