Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, CR91 said:

 

The whole draft class is signed now

I don’t think we understand how special this kid can be. Everytime I put in his tape I get more and more excited. 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, CoachLite said:

Now everyone can breathe easy ... or is there more suspense to follow?

Just the cancellation of the season due to covid-19 concerns, but other than that, I’m sure we will stumble upon something to cause us grief. 
 

glad everyone is signed, now, I just hope they get to play football and the season doesn’t become a season of protest and political statements. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jdubu said:

Just the cancellation of the season due to covid-19 concerns, but other than that, I’m sure we will stumble upon something to cause us grief. 
 

glad everyone is signed, now, I just hope they get to play football and the season doesn’t become a season of protest and political statements. 

 

   Some sizeable protests outside the stadiums on game day should be Expected.
  Never waste an opportunity, especially in an election year. 

  • Like 3
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, throwing BBZ said:

 

   Some sizeable protests outside the stadiums on game day should be Expected.
  Never waste an opportunity, especially in an election year. 

Sizable protests?     Outside the stadium?    In Indiana?    Really?

 

Have there been protests of Floyd in Indianapolis the last three weeks?     IF so,  I haven’t read about them.   I don’t recall protests in 18, 16, 14 or 12.   And those were all election years....

 

Im just asking and thinking out loud.  I obviously don’t live there...

  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, throwing BBZ said:

 

   Some sizeable protests outside the stadiums on game day should be Expected.
  Never waste an opportunity, especially in an election year. 

 

5 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Sizable protests?     Outside the stadium?    In Indiana?    Really?

 

Have there been protests of Floyd in Indianapolis the last three weeks?     IF so,  I haven’t read about them.   I don’t recall protests in 18, 16, 14 or 12.   And those were all election years....

 

Im just asking and thinking out loud.  I obviously don’t live there...

 

Politely, can I ask that we keep this to football please. This will only inevitably lead to a wider discussion which is being had away from the football forums in Misc. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Ballard has said possibly October.   I’ll believe it when I see it. 
 

 

Yeah, I remember doing a double take at that statement from Ballard because Blackmon said he was hopeful for like a December/January return or something. We shall see.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

 

Yeah, I remember doing a double take at that statement from Ballard because Blackmon said he was hopeful for like a December/January return or something. We shall see.

I haven't seen anything about December 2020 (his injury occurred in Dec 2019, so maybe that's part of the confusion).

 

The only thing I saw (besides Ballard's statement about October) was that he was expected to be medically cleared by July.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

 

Yeah, I remember doing a double take at that statement from Ballard because Blackmon said he was hopeful for like a December/January return or something. We shall see.

Honestly...   I had not read the quote from Blackmon about Dec/Jan.   But that feels more right.   October just feels way too optimistic for a kid who was operated on in early January.  Nit saying it’s impossible.

 

I just keep remembering Hooker the year after his injury in 17.   I never thought his leg looked good in 18.   His running always felt labored to me...  not easy and relaxed.   I’ll be thrilled if we get any quality play out of Blackmon this year.   But I’m hoping he’s dramatically improved in ‘21. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dogg63 said:

I haven't seen anything about December 2020 (his injury occurred in Dec 2019, so maybe that's part of the confusion).

 

The only thing I saw (besides Ballard's statement about October) was that he was expected to be medically cleared by July.

 

Yeah I can’t find the quote for the life of me so I could be unintentionally making things up. 

 

I know his injury occurred in December, just thought I remembered reading a pre-draft interview where he gave a longer timeline than Ballard did later on. Now thinking back, it could’ve even been an estimation by a scout/analyst/etc.

 

I do agree with NCF in that I’d be pleasantly surprised if we see quality play from him that early on.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Dogg63 said:

I haven't seen anything about December 2020 (his injury occurred in Dec 2019, so maybe that's part of the confusion).

 

The only thing I saw (besides Ballard's statement about October) was that he was expected to be medically cleared by July.

Blackmon’s injury was indeed in December...    but it happened in the bowl game Utah played in and I believe that game was in very late Dec...   like the 30th or 31st.   So the surgery was early January...  

Link to post
Share on other sites

From what little I saw this kid has a great future and yet another DB that could fill in for several positions

 

With no camp, I really don’t see him contributing much.... 

 

Let him get 100% and be a rising star in 2021.

 

If he somehow heals fast we get a decent backup that can be one of the nickel DBs in late Nov/Dec

 

Im not counting on it....   It usually takes 12-18 months to get back up and going at full speed from this injury

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • I have had Directv nfl ticket since 1998 whenPeyton came in. Its not cheap, but i’m in Pa and if you divide by 16 games its under $20 a (Colts) game.  Not bad imo.  I have recorded to dvd all along too.  This year with covid i decided to try game pass instead.  I had a free trial months back , watched some games on it and liked it.   The ONLY downside is having to wait until games end to view. Last week listened to home crew live on gamepass radio, then watched game after.   With apple lightning to HDMI to s-video , i can stillrecord todvd . (I used phone and ipad data not wifi)   Also, with nfl ticket, when games are over... they are GONE.  Gamepass i have all games waiting for me when ever i want in radio, normal, condensed, and coaches film.  Plus past years games, playoffs, preseasons, and superbowls. $99?  Yes please!
    • Stampede Blue @StampedeBlue #Colts worked out 6 tight ends today including former Colts undrafted free agent Hale Hentges.
    • Dazn doesn't have all 22 footage on their gamepass sadly. Toronto here.
  • Members

    • harrisoncolts88

      harrisoncolts88 9

      New Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Four2itus

      Four2itus 4,192

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Indy1996

      Indy1996 49

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • krunk

      krunk 12,493

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • bsteves

      bsteves 169

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Shadow_Creek

      Shadow_Creek 620

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • GoColts8818

      GoColts8818 9,982

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • greenacres

      greenacres 1

      Rookie
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • danlhart87

      danlhart87 2,923

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • bleevit

      bleevit 166

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
×
×
  • Create New...