Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Recommended Posts

NFL draft experts: Oregon Ducks OL Penei Sewell ‘becoming a legend overnight'    To no one’s surprise Oregon Ducks left tackle and reigning Outland Trophy winner Penei Sewell ...  

Renner: “He’s just ridiculous. He’s just utterly different than any other guy - even compared to last year’s tackle class. Like, you watch Jedrick Wills, freak. Andrew Thomas, a freak. Penei Sewell is athleticism, plus explosiveness, plus strength, plus size. Like, all of it, and then technique. ... He is as good as it gets at the tackle position that I’ve seen in college.”

Gayle: “Oh man.”

Renner: “He’s a monster. Straight up, built different.”

PFF graded Sewell as college football’s No. 3 overall player during the 2019 season,  draft him next  year

Link to post
Share on other sites

From what I've seen I agree with Renner's assessment. Sewell is the best college tackle prospect I've watched. I think drafting him would mean one of two things - either the Colts suffered multiple horrible injuries or Sewell suffered a horrible injury. He can sit out this season and be drafted top 5 easily. In short - I don't think we will be drafting anywhere high enough to be able to draft him. He's like the Quenton Nelson of tackles... except... we know it the year before he's eligible for the draft. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Even with OL improvements through draft and FA, would you take Sewell, arguably the best LT prospect in a decade or more? It’s probly to early but at this point I’d vote yes because he might be the most talented player in the draft next year.

Quote Tweet

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, fire cartier said:

Even with OL improvements through draft and FA, would you take Sewell, arguably the best LT prospect in a decade or more? It’s probly to early but at this point I’d vote yes because he might be the most talented player in the draft next year.

Quote Tweet

All 32 teams would take him, no matter what.   He’s that special.   The issue is who realistically has a chance to?

 

Pennel is clearly a top 5 talent, most likely see him as a top 3 kid...   and in some years he’d be a candidate for the first pick in the draft.   Perhaps only Lawrence and Field will go ahead of Pennel in ‘20.  To trade up to get him would cost a fortune. 
 

The Colts will likely be picking in the 20’s...    a trade up for Pennel is highly not likely to happen. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

All 32 teams would take him, no matter what.   He’s that special.   The issue is who realistically has a chance to?

 

Pennel is clearly a top 5 talent, most likely see him as a top 3 kid...   and in some years he’d be a candidate for the first pick in the draft.   Perhaps only Lawrence and Field will go ahead of Pennel in ‘20.  To trade up to get him would cost a fortune. 
 

The Colts will likely be picking in the 20’s...    a trade up for Pennel is highly not likely to happen. 

ballard has trade up  before best player  need replacement for left tackle  think him next too best lg in nfl .

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, fire cartier said:

Even with OL improvements through draft and FA, would you take Sewell, arguably the best LT prospect in a decade or more? It’s probly to early but at this point I’d vote yes because he might be the most talented player in the draft next year.

Quote Tweet

If I were any team that doesn't need a QB, I'd draft him. There is no place high enough to draft a prospect like Sewell. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, fire cartier said:

we don,t need qb . at lest 2 years

Oh yes we do. We needed one this year too. We very likely don't have our long-term solution at QB on the roster so until we get that player, this is priority no. 1 for me. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, stitches said:

Oh yes we do. We needed one this year too. We very likely don't have our long-term solution at QB on the roster so until we get that player, this is priority no. 1 for me. 

 

Anthony Castonzo gone in 2 years. wait tell last min. like ryan did ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, fire cartier said:

 

Anthony Castonzo gone in 2 years. wait tell last min. like ryan did ?

Whenever he's gone, OT is nowhere near the priority that long-term QB should be. If I could get Fields or Lawrence or Sewell... I'm taking the QBs. Too bad we won't have the chance to make such a choice. So it's kind of a moot point. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, fire cartier said:

ballard has trade up  before best player  need replacement for left tackle  think him next too best lg in nfl .

Ok...   look at your own post again.   Several points.   Ballard has never traded up in the first round.   In fact he said that while he’d never say never, he said he’s not likely to trade up in the first because it’s WAY too expensive. 
 

Second...   in the four drafts he’s done with the Colts, on the handful of times he’s traded up its only like 2-4 spots.   That’s it.   One exception....   we traded two low 4th round picks for one high 4th round pick for Willis.   That’s as close as we’ve come to moving a good distance.   With Pennel, we’d be trading up from roughly the mid-20’s to pick 2 or 3.   Way, WAY too expensive.

 

Third,  Pennel is a LT.   We’d draft him to replace Castanzo.  You mention him as a “lg”.   I suspect that’s just a typo.  Pennel is not playing guard for anyone. He’s a pure Left Tackle. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, fire cartier said:

ballard has trade up  before best player  need replacement for left tackle  think him next too best lg in nfl .

You shouldn't text while driving....

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Luck 4 president said:

We would have to pick top 5 to get him. If we somehow traded up to get him we would have the best OL for the next decade. 

If we are a playoff team say we get to the divisional round just for kicks and we lose that game that would have us mid 20's in draft order so if Ballard would do a trade up we are looking at probably 3 straight years of no first rounder and probably the loss of a 2nd or 3 rounder on top of that it would take far too much.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Ok...   look at your own post again.   Several points.   Ballard has never traded up in the first round.   In fact he said that while he’d never say never, he said he’s not likely to trade up in the first because it’s WAY too expensive. 
 

Second...   in the four drafts he’s done with the Colts, on the handful of times he’s traded up its only like 2-4 spots.   That’s it.   One exception....   we traded two low 4th round picks for one high 4th round pick for Willis.   That’s as close as we’ve come to moving a good distance.   With Pennel, we’d be trading up from roughly the mid-20’s to pick 2 or 3.   Way, WAY too expensive.

 

Third,  Pennel is a LT.   We’d draft him to replace Castanzo.  You mention him as a “lg”.   I suspect that’s just a typo.  Pennel is not playing guard for anyone. He’s a pure Left Tackle. 

I think he's talking about being next to Big Q (best LG).

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jameszeigler834 said:

If we are a playoff team say we get to the divisional round just for kicks and we lose that game that would have us mid 20's in draft order so if Ballard would do a trade up we are looking at probably 3 straight years of no first rounder and probably the loss of a 2nd or 3 rounder on top of that it would take far too much.

Agreed

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Virtuoso80 said:

I think he's talking about being next to Big Q (best LG).

Thank you.   I think you’re likely right.

His ...   ahhh...   uhhh...   ehhh...   English needs a bit of translation.

 

Thanks again.   

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

You guys have me imagining Sewell right next to Big Q on our offensive line. My goodness, we would have the best offensive line in the NFL. One of the things I love about Sewell is his athletic ability to get out in space quickly and punish defenders when he's run blocking. I see the next coming of Anthony Munoz when I look at Sewell. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 months later...
On 6/15/2020 at 5:00 PM, NewColtsFan said:

All 32 teams would take him, no matter what.   He’s that special.   The issue is who realistically has a chance to?

 

Pennel is clearly a top 5 talent, most likely see him as a top 3 kid...   and in some years he’d be a candidate for the first pick in the draft.   Perhaps only Lawrence and Field will go ahead of Pennel in ‘20.  To trade up to get him would cost a fortune. 
 

The Colts will likely be picking in the 20’s...    a trade up for Pennel is highly not likely to happen. 

 

No worries Andrew will.come back we will trade him, then trade up for this guy!

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 weeks later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...