Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

We might have only two preseason games

10 minutes ago, SteelCityColt said:

While the financial loss of a delayed/cancelled season would be immense, remember the product is key. There's already been criticism about the declining quality of play in some areas. Do you really think the NFL would let a team out there with say 80% starters missing because of an localised outbreak within the team?

This won’t happen. A league in another country had 3 players out of 3k get it. The procedures will keep this from happening.

2 hours ago, B~Town said:

Same just opposite views Ive maintained there will be a season with most stadiums full of fans . Still feel the same and am more confident now looking at the progression of countries hit before us . 

Time will tell. Where u live?  I am from Moose Jaw, Sask

6 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Please leave me alone. Your getting to the point of harraassment. Just stop.

I'm sorry, posting a reply to a post you made on a public forum giving wider context to something quoted without providing the full source is now harassment?

I'll say this for the last time, if you have issues with a post, report them. If you want to continue posting in your style you need to learn to deal with challenge to what you post, especially when posting unsourced and unqualified statements as fact. 

4 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

This won’t happen. A league in another country had 3 players out of 3k get it. The procedures will keep this from happening.

Which league, which country? You have absolutely zero proof that this will be true. No one does right now. It's a fricking contact sport, that's vastly different to putting in measures try and get, say an office, back up and running. The league Dr you mentioned himself said they are continually assessing this and wouldn't be drawn on firm plans as yet. 

30 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Time will tell. Where u live?  I am from Moose Jaw, Sask

So true nobody really knows . I am about 60 minutes south of Lucas Oil in a small town near Bloomington nobody has ever heard of .

19 minutes ago, Myles said:
10 hours ago, deedub75 said:

From all family and friends for an entire 17 week season? 

Is this really the plan?   I don't see it happening.    

It's under consideration, or at least it was being looked at back in April. I couldn't find anything more recent about it.

"The NFL seems to be making preparations for putting entire teams in quarantine and securing safe travel for all personnel."

https://sportsnaut.com/2020/04/report-nfl-looking-into-plans-for-quarantined-2020-season/

6 minutes ago, Dogg63 said:

It's under consideration, or at least it was being looked at back in April. I couldn't find anything more recent about it.

"The NFL seems to be making preparations for putting entire teams in quarantine and securing safe travel for all personnel."

https://sportsnaut.com/2020/04/report-nfl-looking-into-plans-for-quarantined-2020-season/

I assume they'll just test everyone when they enter the facilities.   Gonna be a weird season because many players will miss a few weeks during the season.  

Maybe the Colts should expose all the players to the virus in training camp.  

22 minutes ago, Myles said:

I assume they'll just test everyone when they enter the facilities.   Gonna be a weird season because many players will miss a few weeks during the season.  

I mean it’s not the craziest idea, but it’s a hard PR sell. 

On 6/16/2020 at 10:21 AM, Dogg63 said:

I can’t imagine the NFLPA would go for that.  How many players would be willing to sequester themselves away from wives, children, family and friends for about 6 months or longer?  I’m sure some will but many won’t. 

On 6/16/2020 at 10:29 AM, Myles said:

There is still no proof that exposure means there will be immunity, this virus seems to be proving commonly held beliefs to be wrong.

The longer this goes on the less optimistic I have become, and I hate it!

56 minutes ago, deedub75 said:

I can’t imagine the NFLPA would go for that.  How many players would be willing to sequester themselves away from wives, children, family and friends for about 6 months or longer?  I’m sure some will but many won’t. 

They said again today that will not happen. They are going to focus on education with the players to make sure they keep themselves safe. They also said they hope  to test every player before every game. They are looking to find a company that can provide them quick accurate results.

7 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

It’s unrealistic to think that out of over 1700 players they would be able to keep covid out of the NFL.  Some players have it right now. Von Miller says he still hasn’t 100% recovered.  Then there’s trying to fill up 70,000 plus seat stadiums with fans. There’s bound to be several fans in the stands with covid.  Are they going to require a waiver for the fans and the players?  The NFL has some tough questions to answer but they do have time on their side at least.

I’m a season ticket holder and I don’t want to go to a single game this year. I’m in the high risk group because I have a nonfunctioning pituitary. I’ve been trying to wait to see what was going to happen with fans but I think I’m just gonna go ahead and email my ticket rep with a note from my doctor. I’m sure there are many fans like me who probably shouldn’t be packed into a stadium. 

1 hour ago, deedub75 said:

It’s unrealistic to think that out of over 1700 players they would be able to keep covid out of the NFL.  Some players have it right now. Von Miller says he still hasn’t 100% recovered.  Then there’s trying to fill up 70,000 plus seat stadiums with fans. There’s bound to be several fans in the stands with covid.  Are they going to require a waiver for the fans and the players?  The NFL has some tough questions to answer but they do have time on their side at least.

I’m a season ticket holder and I don’t want to go to a single game this year. I’m in the high risk group because I have a nonfunctioning pituitary. I’ve been trying to wait to see what was going to happen with fans but I think I’m just gonna go ahead and email my ticket rep with a note from my doctor. I’m sure there are many fans like me who probably shouldn’t be packed into a stadium. 

If they allow fans they should offer people like you a credit for next years tickets or anyone that feels they don’t want to go. Then offer someone on the waiting list a season ticket for those seats for a year. I don’t think stadiums will be full. I think some fans will be but not a lot. The doctor that is over seeing everything has already said they know they won’t be able up keep it out.  They hope they can keep it to minimum with frequent testing and isolating quickly. The good thing is most of them are young and healthy. Miller is probably a rare exception since he has asthma. The expended PS is a good thing. They also need to make it where other teams can’t take players off it. This also helps late round and undrafted FA get a better shot.

They also said today they will need ramp up period. SoundS like that two game preseason might happen, They said they will need time for education and getting in shape.

Hopefully as we get closer to the season we get some proven therapeutics and a vaccine by the end of the year.

10 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

They said again today that will not happen. They are going to focus on education with the players to make sure they keep themselves safe. They also said they hope  to test every player before every game. They are looking to find a company that can provide them quick accurate results.

Gonna be some crazy games.   Imagine finding out you are losing a key player 3-4 hours before game time?  

2 hours ago, Myles said:

Gonna be some crazy games.   Imagine finding out you are losing a key player 3-4 hours before game time?  

Let’s hope for the best.  I think all players know enough about this now they won’t be practicing with any kind of cold ect.  Hopefully these precautions will keep the players lost to a minimum. It sounds like some of those cowboys players were a systematic. I read a story the other day that it’s rare that a asystematic person can spread it.  

https://www.cnn.com/world/live-news/coronavirus-pandemic-06-18-20-intl/h_d4fb0764b8669e7317ca516e020dd601

Exerpt:

Dr. Anthony Fauci says it's "very hard to see how" football could be played this fall.

Unless players are essentially in a bubble – insulated from the community and they are tested nearly every day – it would be very hard to see how football is able to be played this fall. If there is a second wave, which is certainly a possibility and which would be complicated by the predictable flu season, football may not happen this year,” Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, tells CNN's Chief Medical Correspondent Dr. Sanjay Gupta.

1 hour ago, w87r said:

https://www.cnn.com/world/live-news/coronavirus-pandemic-06-18-20-intl/h_d4fb0764b8669e7317ca516e020dd601

Exerpt:

Dr. Anthony Fauci says it's "very hard to see how" football could be played this fall.

Unless players are essentially in a bubble – insulated from the community and they are tested nearly every day – it would be very hard to see how football is able to be played this fall. If there is a second wave, which is certainly a possibility and which would be complicated by the predictable flu season, football may not happen this year,” Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, tells CNN's Chief Medical Correspondent Dr. Sanjay Gupta.

No one should be giving him any credibility. He has been wrong on everything. Where a mask don’t where a mask. Everything he has said has been wrong. He has no credibility.

Regards the whole mask trope... 

Initially they didn't advise the wearing of medical masks because of fears of shortage of PPE supplies. This was circa Feb/March. It was exactly the same here. 

Subsequent to that, and while there is some debate over asymptomatic spread and the effectiveness of cloth masks, the CDC/WHO recommendations have changed. That's why the encouragement to wear cloth masks at least.  

I wouldn't call reacting to changing situations as a lack of credibility. The call for widespread use didn't start till April/May time. For example when things like this starting appearing in the BMJ:

https://www.bmj.com/content/bmj/369/bmj.m1435.full.pdf

Side note - Trish Greenhalgh is an excellent academic clinician whose done some great work in all sorts of areas. 

Back to NFL, given that everyone is still working the dark somewhat about how you deal with this, that's why you've seen small bits of info dripped out. I think they're still figuring it out, and having to do a lot of "testing" with the public/players/staff to find a palatable solution. The clock is ticking somewhat though with July not far away at all. 

2 hours ago, w87r said:

Exerpt:

No mask, mask, hydroxychloroquine, no hydroxychloroquine , asymptomatic spread, no asymptomatic spread, surface transmission, no surface transmission, high infection rate, less than one percent infection rate, second wave, no second wave, lockdown, no lockdown.  Fauci is easily the most over rated bureaucrat that get's little to no scrutiny I've seen, maybe ever. He either doesn't know what's going on, or he's engaging in politics, you can't be that terrible at this as professional and expect that thinking people aren't going to tune you out after all of those flip flops (and that's not all of them). I'm ready for a different talking head on this stuff. I find him offensive at this point.

Archived