Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What The Experts Are Saying About The 2020 Colts

superrep1967

5 hours ago, krunk said:

I'm really excited, but cautious about it mainly because this Corona doesn't seem like it's going anywhere. Instead of us getting control of it, it seems like it's gotten worse.  Hopefully they don't cancel the season. 

I with you on that but i'm optimistic though because they've had months now in the pandemic and to figure out a plan and still say there's going to be a season.  The other sports are going to have a season and football can follow their lead but baseball and basketball don't have over 90 players on there training camp roster either. I mean during team meetings they'll have over 90 players in a room with coaches and staff among others that sounds crazy to me and that's not counting showers. But will see what happens I totally understand your comment I don't how their going to pull this off but will see. 

On 6/28/2020 at 6:08 AM, Dogg63 said:

Matthew Berry of ESPN, who apparently has only ever played fantasy sports (not real sports), spewed out the following 'facts':

• Since 2014, Philip Rivers has finished as a top-10 QB in total points just once.
  • Last season, when Rivers was pressured, he had more interceptions (seven) than touchdowns (six).
  • Last season, when Rivers was pressured, he ranked 21st in points per pass attempt.
  • Last season, the Chargers were seventh best at preventing pressure.
  • The Colts, Rivers' new team, were 25th.

Until this, I've only seen people talking about how much better our line is than what he had last year. I guess we'll see soon enough what PR can do in Indy.

A couple of points here. Rivers lost his starting LT and center last season.

They were replaced with players that wouldn't even make the practice squad of most teams.

Watching every game last season, as soon as the ball was snapped he was immediately getting hit.

Let me be clear. Rivers doesn't need an excellent offensive line. He only needs an average one to be effective. He had that in 2018. But he took a horrible beating last season. It was tough to watch.

5 hours ago, PrNum1 said:

A couple of points here. Rivers lost his starting LT and center last season.

They were replaced with players that wouldn't even make the practice squad of most teams.

Watching every game last season, as soon as the ball was snapped he was immediately getting hit.

Let me be clear. Rivers doesn't need an excellent offensive line. He only needs an average one to be effective. He had that in 2018. But he took a horrible beating last season. It was tough to watch.

I posted some other stats last week. Rivers hasn't had an OL ranking outside of the bottom 3rd in pass protection since 2014 IIRC. Can't remember the exact numbers, but it's clear Rivers has had an uphill battle for half a decade.

The upgrade in OL, and the chip on his shoulder, IMO, will be enough for him to easily land in the top 1/2 of the league, if not top 10

All you have to do is watch the Colts-Chargers game last year in week 1.  Why?  Because it was the healthiest either team was last year.  Rivers was under a LOT of pressure, and frequently had to get rid of the ball quickly.  The Colts weren't exactly a juggernaut at QB pressure, so that should say something about his OL.  However, despite being under the gun most plays he was able to get the ball to the right spot most of the time.  Hooker made an unbelievable INT on one play in the endzone, but other than that he was on despite taking a beating.  If this OL in Indy can give him just 1 more second of time on his throws, he will be lethal.

Archived