Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Sign in to follow this  
AustexColt

Watch 2018 Chargers vs KC in KC.. Rivers comeback

Recommended Posts

We know that 2019 was not a good year for Phillip Rivers. The OL was poor. Well in 2018 the OL was just a tidbit better but he had no time to throw. If you watch the 2018 KC at KC, when KC was red hot with Mahomes and Tyreek Hill, the Chargers came in and playing from behind all game long pulled it out with Rivers quick read and release. Now picture him throwing behind our OL.  This is looks like a very promising year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Could be a great year. I am looking forward to football. This is a good team. Going into last year before the retirement, I thought we were a contender. We might not be as good at QB but the team has improved from this time last year.

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, AustexColt said:

If you watch the 2018 KC at KC

Here's the game, if anyone wants to watch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm looking forward to him doing so well with the Colts mostly complete team, and becoming a first ballot HOFer. 

 

It would be too cool to be the team that gets him that elusive SB. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I remember watching the game.

 

Late in the game, down by 21 point, Rivers made some incredible thread the needle throws late in the 4th quarter for an incredible comeback.

 

What a performance!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you want to see another comeback - watch 2018 vs the Steelers in Pittsburgh. 

 

What is impressive is his quick release and use of his backs. His reads are really so much superior to Brissett. His release is quicker than Luck. Rivers is a Future HOF. Like Marino he did not play in a SB but his leadership is unquestionable. I just hope he has enough time to develop the chemistry with the other players. The Chargers receivers were so much better than what we have. We need receivers that can catch the tight window passes and get rocked. I am not sure we have them. Kenaan Allen is a real stud.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Marino did play in one Super Bowl, to cap the 1984 season, his 2nd in the league when he was league MVP. He was Mahomes that year, before Mahomes was ever born :D. Of course, he and his team got positively SMOKED by Montana and the 49ers. But he did get to one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wouldn't it be something if in 2020 Rivers won Comeback Player of Year, MVP of year, and Super Bowl MVP!!!

 

And of course Father of the Year lol.

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, AustexColt said:

The Chargers receivers were so much better than what we have. We need receivers that can catch the tight window passes and get rocked. I am not sure we have them. Kenaan Allen is a real stud.

Perhaps, but the Chargers also had no depth at wide receiver.  It was Keenan and Mike Williams and that was it.  The Colts have much more depth and hopefully that will benefit Rivers.   And TY Hilton is a total stud when healthy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Bolts2Colts said:

Perhaps, but the Chargers also had no depth at wide receiver.  It was Keenan and Mike Williams and that was it.  The Colts have much more depth and hopefully that will benefit Rivers.   And TY Hilton is a total stud when healthy.

 I think Keenan was hurt and didn't  even play in that game, it was Tyrell Williams, the usually worthless Travis Benjamin, & Mike Williams - the latter personally accounted for 20 points, catching 2 touchdown passes, running for 1 and receiving the game winning 2 point conversion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here is the QB School's analysis of a couple of Rivers' throws in that KC game.  He calls him the best in the business at throwing with anticipation.  

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Lancer1 said:

 I think Keenan was hurt and didn't  even play in that game, it was Tyrell Williams, the usually worthless Travis Benjamin, & Mike Williams - the latter personally accounted for 20 points, catching 2 touchdown passes, running for 1 and receiving the game winning 2 point conversion.

Yes, I was referring to the Chargers' receivers in general, not that particular game.  But good point that Rivers can have a phenomenal game even without a WR like Keenan Allen.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Bolts2Colts said:

Yes, I was referring to the Chargers' receivers in general, not that particular game.  But good point that Rivers can have a phenomenal game even without a WR like Keenan Allen.  

He certainly can – I remember late in the 2014 season when he won in overtime at San Francisco, and Dontrelle Inman (in his rookie season) played a big role with 7 catches for 79 yards, to include 4 catches for 38 yards in one late 4th Quarter touchdown drive.

 

I recall another comeback win at Kansas City in November of the prior season when Philip hit Seyi Ajirotutu for the game winning TD pass with :31 remaining.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rivers has also been good at getting production out of guys like Eddie Royal and in the past, Chris Chambers who never did much when they left the Chargers and had other QBs throwing top them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...