Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ok, What really do you think if the season goes forward as it is now do we have a chance to compete, for the Super Bowl?

horseshoecrabs

34 minutes ago, horseshoecrabs said:

I know there is a lot of uncertainties, with this years, season, but if it stands as it is now, Do you think that we could be competitive as we are now as a team?  Or do you think that we will just be a stepping stone for some other team?

10-15% of making the SB. 5-10% chance of winning it.

Should win the division easy and make the playoffs. The rest will depend on matchups, injuries, and some luck.

24 minutes ago, horseshoecrabs said:

Oh, come on guys, you must have some opinion , or dreams,  that what could be for this season? Hey the pre season is all about  what dreams you would  like for this season. Do we have a chance to be competitive ? Are will we  tank?  Hey this is just for fun!

It would be very frustrating if we tanked, I think we made some pretty good moves/trades for the upcoming season. I was also browsing through our schedule the other day and I felt like we could win a lot of those match ups. Actually looking at the schedule made me feel better about our chances to have a winning record, I was “iffy” at first but now I’m going in with my chest puffed up!

pumped up chest pound GIF by WWE

200.gif

35 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Should win the division easy and make the playoffs. The rest will depend on matchups, injuries, and some luck.

I think based on your second statement those top percentages are a little higher, not substantially or anything. Get to playoffs anything can happen.

I think we have a very good chance this year, as has been stated in thread so far. Need things to fall our way, but every team needs thing to fall their way.

Should be a fun year, hopefully we just get to start and finish it.

11 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I'm not that confident.    I think the Colts "could" win 12 games, but there is too much unknown at this point.  The Titans may be a very good team to contend with.   Houston can also win 9-11 games.  

There are always big "ifs".  They're primarily the same for every team in the top half of their conference, and I think the colts are close to being a top 5-8 AFC squad.

If we stay healthy, if we get hot at the right time, if we get home field advantage, if Rivers can hold his own (maybe steal a couple wins), if our young players make the leap......

If those things fall into place,  I like the colts chances of winning the division (no cake walk), so naturally I believe they have a chance to compete for a superbowl.

Ultimately it comes down to executing closer to the ceiling than the floor,  it's why they play the games.

On 6/9/2020 at 11:03 PM, PrincetonTiger said:

It could be like the strike year

That's an accurate statement, IMO.  Much like the strike year, the conditions could be different this year in that the winners and losers are separated by how well they adjust, not so much how they would have played under normal conditions.

Having said that, I think the NFL will try to keep the season as normal as possible on the field, with the adjustments coming from the stadium activity.  Unlike MLB for example.

I think we have a good core on both sides of the ball.  Things I will be looking for:

WR growth.  Quite a few questions there.

Will Rivers take care of the ball.

Getting pressure on opponents QB.

I think our running game will be good and if the defense grows a bit from last year we could be in the hunt.

You can go a long way in this league with a strong run game, a solid QB using play action behind it, and a stout defense.

For the Colts it looks like they have everything you want on offense to do that, so their season is going to come down to the defense I think.  In 2019 they finished 18th in points against which isn't good enough.  But for 2020 I'd say the defense should improve and the offense should also improve.

So just on paper and all that but right now they look like a contender to me.

1 hour ago, Boondoggle said:

You can go a long way in this league with a strong run game, a solid QB using play action behind it, and a stout defense.

For the Colts it looks like they have everything you want on offense to do that, so their season is going to come down to the defense I think.  In 2019 they finished 18th in points against which isn't good enough.  But for 2020 I'd say the defense should improve and the offense should also improve.

So just on paper and all that but right now they look like a contender to me.

Would like to see that points against around 10th.  That would be a significant improvement.

3 hours ago, aaron11 said:

vegas has super bowl odds at 45-1.  over under 8.5

personally id say 9-7, i like the over but not enough to bet on it

How much do I win if I throw $100 on the over?

34 minutes ago, w87r said:

How much do I win if I throw $100 on the over?

the odds are -110, you would get the 100 back plus 90 more for 190 total

someone made a 10k$ bet on the colts to win the super bowl this year according to the media, they will get 460k if that happens lol 

It could go ether way, But if everything  falls into place we seem that we could have a  breakout year , baring injuries'. I  always  disliked  Phillip Rivers when he played for the Chargers , only because he seemed to have our number. in winning against us. But now I hope he is someone who can solidify his legacy now.  I hope we can now make his career a hall of fame one now.     

On 6/9/2020 at 11:04 PM, superrep1967 said:

If our running game is going to be as good I think it's going to be I think we have a good chance. But everything would to fall in place right like injuries for example. 

IOur running game has to setup our passing attack. I’m more interested in the defense. We finally have all the correct piece we need. We also have depth. We can compete with any team. I’ve liked what you’ve alluded too. 

On 6/11/2020 at 10:40 AM, aaron11 said:

vegas has super bowl odds at 45-1.  over under 8.5

personally id say 9-7, i like the over but not enough to bet on it

8.5 is a low number, I figured it would be 9.5. To me 8.5 is a no brainer, I would bet the over. 9.5 makes you think you a little.

Archived