Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts vs Jags Week 1 Simulation

Stumbled across this. Not sure if this is correct forum. Probaby not. Just wanted it to at least be seen.

Anyway, I haven't watched it all yet, but if you have some free time to fill. This might be worth a watch? I watched the 1st possesion both ways so far. Looking good so far. Not sure if they have rookies though.?

If you're interested, here you go.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, twfish said:

Man its as dry here as its ever been lol

For sure.

Not much action.

You know things are bad, when you are thinking about watching an hour long simulation.

• Haha 1
16 minutes ago, Fourstar40 said:

I saw this and have watched up to week 5. It's interesting and almost life like.

I paused it early, to watch the George Floyd Service.

I was looking at the other post from that channel, must not of went back far enough. They have all the way through week 5 on there?

24 minutes ago, IndySouthsider said:

Man, the run defense was anything similar to this, y’all’s head are gonna explode. 

I'm up to the 2nd offensive possession. Still mid drive.

They were getting gashed a little. I did notice Leonard and Hooker gave up a big pass play in the zone on that drive as well.

I'm not a Madden guy, I don't have the energy to put that much time into it.  So I didn't know how realistic it's become.

They still don't have the animation down when the players are walking.  They almost look like aliens in a scifi movie.

That all being said, I really enjoyed it.  Of course, Mack wouldn't have played the entire game, but that was probably the biggest flaw I saw.  If Doyle and Pittman show up like that, we'll all be happy.

Too bad Taylor and Campbell couldn't make it.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, BleedBlue4Shoe86 said:

they do have rookies.  If you look closely you can see Isaiah Rodgers playing in the secondary (#34)

I just threw that in there because I wasnt sure only watching first possessions for each team. Didnt want someone to come back and say "they didn't even have the rookies"

A litttle disclaimer.

I did see #34 make a play, still had RYS in my head as that number. Was confused by the dreads though. So that explains it better. 

Definitely going to finish checking it out.

12 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

not a Madden guy, I don't have the energy to put that much time into it.  So I didn't know how realistic it's become

I usually still buy Madden every year. I play it when I have time for 2-3 weeks, then just let my kids take it over. I had a thread in games last year, posted stats amd player improvement week by week. Brissett balled out of control. :lol:

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, BleedBlue4Shoe86 said:

they do have rookies.  If you look closely you can see Isaiah Rodgers playing in the secondary (#34)

They had him and Pittman, but no Taylor.  Hines didn’t get a carry, or a pass his way.  Burton was there too.

If Rivers really gets that kind of time to throw, he’ll tear it up this year.  

Who was the kicker?  

10 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

They had him and Pittman, but no Taylor.  Hines didn’t get a carry, or a pass his way.  Burton was there too.

Taylor (#28) is lined up at the top of the I-formation at 1:17:12 (garbage time) and he gets the carry on that play.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Dogg63 said:

Taylor (#28) is lined up at the top of the I-formation at 1:17:12 (garbage time) and he gets the carry on that play.

He had back to back carries right there.

1 hour ago, Smonroe said:

Who was the kicker?

#2?

Couldn't see his name? Have to chexk roster numbers.

4 hours ago, Fourstar40 said:

I saw this and have watched up to week 5. It's interesting and almost life like.

I still didn't see the additional weeks.

You should post week 2.

Few thoughts on that simulation:

Rivers balled out, had all day to throw in PA

Mack obviously had a big game, as stated would of been mlre opportunity for Taylor and Hines

Pittman came to play

Doyle going to pro bowl ~ TEs were well involved ~ to be expected

Hooker got burned on coverage a couple times(did have int), but was pretty good in run support ~ go figure

Hines looked good on return game

Buckner did his thing, commanded double team a lot, while still producing

Banogu ~ will take that all day.

Willis had a very good game to.

Forgot 1 thing @CR91 would be happy his darkhorse played very well.

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, w87r said:

You watch Game 2 yet?

Okay, I’ll admit I’m starved for football. My buds have plans to go to that game (who knows if we’ll actually be allowed in) so I watched it.  

I don’t want to spoil it for anyone so I’ll just comment on a an error, which was no biggie.  Several times they’d show players in the huddle weren’t the same ones for that play.  Like a continuity error in movies.  Otherwise I liked it.  

It’s weird, I don’t know if I should talk about the game because it would be a spoiler, lol!

• Haha 1
3 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

It’s weird, I don’t know if I should talk about the game because it would be a spoiler, lol!

No spoilers. Lol

I don't think it's a big deal. Maybe just generalities?

Yeah, those huddles in game 1 were definitely off. Defense guys on offense. 

Offense and Defense on field prior to kickoff, like the 4th and 15 rule was in effect.

20 hours ago, w87r said:

I paused it early, to watch the George Floyd Service.

I was looking at the other post from that channel, must not of went back far enough. They have all the way through week 5 on there?

At least to week 5, I haven't looked to see if there are more or not.

• Thanks 1
16 hours ago, w87r said:

No spoilers. Lol

I don't think it's a big deal. Maybe just generalities?

Yeah, those huddles in game 1 were definitely off. Defense guys on offense. 

Offense and Defense on field prior to kickoff, like the 4th and 15 rule was in effect.

Okay, not a spoiler, but something that was odd IMO.  In Sim game 1 Mack went off, he had over 100 yards.

In sim game 2, Hines started at RB and took most of the carries.  It makes me wonder who programs those games.  (BTW, I think Campbell didn't show up in Sim 2 either).

Is it funny or sad that I'm critiquing Madden game?

• Like 1
26 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

Is it funny or sad that I'm critiquing Madden game?

Yeshaha

Spoiler away. People have had a chance to check it out.

In order to do a sim like that correctly, they would need ro go in and change RB stamina, where they would sub them out quicker, and also would need to put Hines in passing formations. 

Seemsbto me that Rodgers(#34) is really RYS, just changed his name. Since Rodgers is starting.

Little lazy on the player changes. It doesn't come from EA though, madden gamers update rosters and upload them so other people can use them.

I know I'll be buying madden when it comes out(this is last years madden). I will probably run another thread in games section on here. Simulating through 1st season. Maybe I should figure out how to record ot like this and post that with my stata and player improvements.

• Like 2

On 6/9/2020 at 6:19 PM, Smonroe said:

Who was the kicker?

On 6/9/2020 at 7:58 PM, w87r said:
#2?

Couldn't see his name? Have to chexk roster numbers.

I watched it a bit, forwarding to field goal attempts and I don’t think they ever named the kicker. Rodrigo Blankenship wears #3, Adam Vinatieri wears #4 and Chase McLaughlin wears #5 so Madden must think it’ll be someone other than any of them, or that whomever it is will switch to #2.
On 6/13/2020 at 1:54 AM, Lancer1 said:

I watched it a bit, forwarding to field goal attempts and I don’t think they ever named the kicker. Rodrigo Blankenship wears #3, Adam Vinatieri wears #4 and Chase McLaughlin wears #5 so Madden must think it’ll be someone other than any of them, or that whomever it is will switch to #2.

I'm thinking it was Blankenship.

The updated rosters were uploaded from a gamer in the Madden community though, not the actual game creators.

Weird. They had Donnal as the starting RT for the whole game and Leonard hardly did anything. However, Mack, Doyle, Rivers and Pittman would have been happy if this SIM happened for real.

9 minutes ago, Dr. T said:

Weird. They had Donnal as the starting RT for the whole game and Leonard hardly did anything. However, Mack, Doyle, Rivers and Pittman would have been happy if this SIM happened for real.

Yeah they changed Smiths name to Odonnal(sp?) .

Did the same thing with RYS, turned him into our rookie CB.

I plan on doing one of these here soon for the whole season with stats posted and more realistic substitution patterns.

On 6/13/2020 at 1:54 AM, Lancer1 said:

Had to love Rivers performance.

375yds and 5tds. Not too shabby.

6 hours ago, w87r said:

Had to love Rivers performance.

375yds and 5tds. Not too shabby.

Yeah, but he was intercepted!:P

Just kidding, I'd be quite pleased with a stat line like that for him, especially in a victory. I don't think Philip has ever thrown 5 touchdown passes in a single game in his entire career but I'd love to be present if he did, and I am attending this game so we'll  see.

In real life, it could be a defensive battle vs Vikings, they match up well vs the run as a D plus will pose enough problems for our OL, IMO.