Indianapolis Colts
w87r

Philip Rivers

Have to admit, I'm starting to get a little frustrated that he hasn't came to town yet. I know they cant go to team facilities but he could be in town and set up some workouts like many other QB's are doing.

Just really has me starting to question how bad he really wants it. There is truly nothing that is stopping him from coming to town and doing this. I get he is spending time with the family, but it's time to get to work.

Even Eason has taken steps to throw to some guys. See guys like Drew Lock, throwing to Juedy, buiding that chemistry.?

Idk? What's your guys feelings on it?

Or you seen anything about him being in town. I just tried to find something, didn't see anything.

• Sad 1

Maybe he'll talk about it this week

He might be here. A couple weeks ago Reich said he would be coming soon. Campbell Is in town. I think some of the others are still out of town. I am always watching the players IG to see there is any hints that he is here. Rivers doesn’t have SM. TY lives in Florida so maybe he has got with him since his zoom interview.

• Like 2

"There is truly nothing that is stopping him from coming to town and doing this."

Not saying there is a legitimate reason he's not in town but, you can't possibly know this as fact.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, w87r said:

Have to admit, I'm starting to get a little frustrated that he hasn't came to town yet. I know they cant go to team facilities but he could be in town and set up some workouts like many other QB's are doing.

Just really has me starting to question how bad he really wants it. There is truly nothing that is stopping him from coming to town and doing this. I get he is spending time with the family, but it's time to get to work.

Even Eason has taken steps to throw to some guys. See guys like Drew Lock, throwing to Juedy, buiding that chemistry.?

Or you seen anything about him being in town. I just tried to find something, didn't see anything.

You should call him and demand he send a complete itinerary on his off season workouts to you immediately.

• Haha 4

5 minutes ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

You should call him and demand he send a complete itinerary on his off season workouts to you immediately.

Absolutely!  I imagine packing up his couple dozen kids has to be a chaotic.  I'm sure one or two will be left Home Alone.  (insert the face shot here)

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

Absolutely!  I imagine packing up his couple dozen kids has to be a chaotic.  I'm sure one or two will be left Home Alone.  (insert the face shot here)

He is looking for the right GreyHound bus for his family and their belongings. 

He has to wait till their lockdown is over. :) 

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, coltsfansince65 said:

"There is truly nothing that is stopping him from coming to town and doing this."

Not saying there is a legitimate reason he's not in town but, you can't possibly know this as fact.

I'm just saying, early on he couldn't come because of coronavirus quarantine/restrictions. That is not holding him up at this point.

Why does everyone think everything someone post is stated as fact, it is obvioisly in the opinion of the poster. Hell, I even stated that he might be here already in the same post.

52 minutes ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

I'm sure he is in shape, but he could be doing more in person work to help start building some chemistry with our WR's + TE's.

45 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

A move up here doesn't entail that much. I'm sure they will be renting a furnished place. Just need to bring themselves, clothes and vehicles.

I'm pretty sure he pays movers, anyway.

I'm sure it's going to be ok, but imo, he should be here now. 

The team has a legit chance to have a special season. It's frustrating to see all these QB's working out on their own with their guys, and our guy not. That was the purpose of the thread. It doesn't worry you guys, its cool. * comments are always appreciated though.

3 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Well here you go.

Thank you.  Timing is everything.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I think the song “Old man River (s)”  should be played every time our offense  takes the field.

We should be seeing Pittman in town soon since Rivers is here. Rookies report July 22nd. 

58 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Okay, now I'm starting to get pumped for training camp.  :thmup:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Chloe6124 said:

We should be seeing Pittman in town soon since Rivers is here. Rookies report July 22nd. 

His life is basically on YouTube.  I hope he continues to post when they start working out.  But I'm sure the club has rules on what he's allowed to talk about.

I think the reason we may not have known he is in Indy was maybe the social distancing & mask. No one recognized him. :D

• Haha 1

Obviously, the Colts are reading this forum. They see the post from w87r and say "okay, we need to let everyone know he's in town." Well done w87r!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, coltsva said:

Obviously, the Colts are reading this forum. They see the post from w87r and say "okay, we need to let everyone know he's in town." Well done w87r!

Thanks, I was thinking that myself. Don't usually like to toot my own horn though. :yahoo:

Sarcasm btw.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Smonroe said:

His life is basically on YouTube.  I hope he continues to post when they start working out.  But I'm sure the club has rules on what he's allowed to talk about.

Yeah I think he said they are planning to move soon.  They're gonna get an apartment first I believe he said until they are more familiar with the area before buying a house.  Smart, mature move IMHO.

• Like 3

Welp, I guess we can officially say it now:

Welcome to Indiana, Rivers family! 

• Like 2

Rookies may be coming in for physicals the next two weeks. They said as early as June 26th.

6 hours ago, w87r said:

I am a bit of a mess with some of the worldly things going on.
 Hadn't given your point of worry a thought.
  That you offer what totally unproven players are doing to get better and compare that to Rivers, does concern me about you. I will probably NOT make a note, mental or physical, of it though. Carry on. 

29 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

That you offer what totally unproven players are doing to get better and compare that to Rivers, does concern me about you. I will probably NOT make a note, mental or physical, of it though. Carry on. 

I listed 2 unproven players yes, there has been plenty other guys that are proven to have done it as well.

Point of listing younger guys just was making a point that they have took the initiative to make it happen.

If I would of listed Tom Brady, would that of been better for you?

https://www.tampabay.com/sports/bucs/2020/05/19/tom-brady-bucs-players-take-the-field-at-tampas-berkeley-prep-exclusive-photos/

I mean, this was 3 weeks ago.

How about:

Maholmes

Stafford

Tannehill

Just to name a few more, they all have been working out. It really doesn't matter though because Rivers is here now.

I'm not going to make a note either, carry on.

2 hours ago, AZColt11 said:

Yeah I think he said they are planning to move soon.  They're gonna get an apartment first I believe he said until they are more familiar with the area before buying a house.  Smart, mature move IMHO.

He seems like a very mature young man.  Having a father who played in the league probably helped.

Now his brother...that's another story...  But he's young and full of something and vinegar, right?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, richard pallo said:

Thank you.  Timing is everything.

What makes a good comedian timing.

7 hours ago, w87r said:

I'm just saying, early on he couldn't come because of coronavirus quarantine/restrictions. That is not holding him up at this point.

Why does everyone think everything someone post is stated as fact, it is obvioisly in the opinion of the poster. Hell, I even stated that he might be here already in the same post.

I'm sure he is in shape, but he could be doing more in person work to help start building some chemistry with our WR's + TE's.

A move up here doesn't entail that much. I'm sure they will be renting a furnished place. Just need to bring themselves, clothes and vehicles.

I'm pretty sure he pays movers, anyway.

I'm sure it's going to be ok, but imo, he should be here now. 

The team has a legit chance to have a special season. It's frustrating to see all these QB's working out on their own with their guys, and our guy not. That was the purpose of the thread. It doesn't worry you guys, its cool. * comments are always appreciated though.

He's here but it's far too late. The season's over:(

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

How do you figure the season is over? That post is ridiculous, sorry but true.

2 hours ago, braveheartcolt said:

What makes a good comedian timing.

and a great writer of what a comedian says. Eddie Murphy was the greatest ever in the 80's because he had great content to say by the writers. He has sucked since then, like Chevy Chase too, funniest guys ever but you need great writers. The Simpsons have been great for 30 years because they have great writers.

1 hour ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

Don't give up hope!

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

How do you figure the season is over? That post is ridiculous, sorry but true.

I think it was more a shot at me.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, w87r said:

I think it was more a shot at me.

Yeah could be but still the post was silly. He may have been being sarcastic haha 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, WoolMagnet said:

I think the song “Old man River (s)”  should be played every time our offense  takes the field.

That was one of my Dad's all time favourite songs, from Showboat I think?

Brings back memories of him.

And Mariah from Paint Your Wagon.

Fear not my fellow Colts fans.

The Chosen One will deliver.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Nadine said:

Don't give up hope!

Reminds me of that In Living Color sketch: "Keep (Bob) Hope Alive!".

• Like 1

5 hours ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

And Mariah from Paint Your Wagon.

Loved that movie, but truthfully, they did a lot to make him more of a singer than he was. 

Interesting note, according to oddschecker.com, more MVP bets were placed on Rivers in the month of May than any other NFL player.

I commented in another thread that I saw the odds at Bovada drop from +6500 to +3500 before I got a chance to put my money in.

Rivers is going to have a big year.  Lots of false narratives out there by the drive-by sports media, but anyone that has actually watched him play knows that he has not declined physically.  Last year's below average stats (by his standards) were a result of no OL, no speed receivers, no running game (set a super bowl era record they were so bad), and a joke of a coaching staff.  Gonna be an exciting year for Colts fans.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, DontEverGiveUp said:

Interesting note, according to oddschecker.com, more MVP bets were placed on Rivers in the month of May than any other NFL player.

I saw that yesterday, when I was trying to find info on if Rivers had came to town yet. (Apparently I was looking an hour and half to early).

22 minutes ago, DontEverGiveUp said:

Rivers is going to have a big year.  Lots of false narratives out there by the drive-by sports media, but anyone that has actually watched him play knows that he has not declined physically.

I agree with this to. Be is going to have 1 of the better seasons of his career.

Idk about MVP, but I'll be rooting for it. 

• Like 1