Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
w87r

Philip Rivers

Recommended Posts

Have to admit, I'm starting to get a little frustrated that he hasn't came to town yet. I know they cant go to team facilities but he could be in town and set up some workouts like many other QB's are doing.

 

Just really has me starting to question how bad he really wants it. There is truly nothing that is stopping him from coming to town and doing this. I get he is spending time with the family, but it's time to get to work.

 

Even Eason has taken steps to throw to some guys. See guys like Drew Lock, throwing to Juedy, buiding that chemistry.?

 

Idk? What's your guys feelings on it?

 

Or you seen anything about him being in town. I just tried to find something, didn't see anything.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe he'll talk about it this week

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He might be here. A couple weeks ago Reich said he would be coming soon. Campbell Is in town. I think some of the others are still out of town. I am always watching the players IG to see there is any hints that he is here. Rivers doesn’t have SM. TY lives in Florida so maybe he has got with him since his zoom interview.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"There is truly nothing that is stopping him from coming to town and doing this."

 

Not saying there is a legitimate reason he's not in town but, you can't possibly know this as fact.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, w87r said:

Have to admit, I'm starting to get a little frustrated that he hasn't came to town yet. I know they cant go to team facilities but he could be in town and set up some workouts like many other QB's are doing.

 

Just really has me starting to question how bad he really wants it. There is truly nothing that is stopping him from coming to town and doing this. I get he is spending time with the family, but it's time to get to work.

 

Even Eason has taken steps to throw to some guys. See guys like Drew Lock, throwing to Juedy, buiding that chemistry.?

 

Idk? What's your guys feelings on it?

 

Or you seen anything about him being in town. I just tried to find something, didn't see anything.

You should call him and demand he send a complete itinerary on his off season workouts to you immediately.

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

You should call him and demand he send a complete itinerary on his off season workouts to you immediately.

 

Absolutely!  I imagine packing up his couple dozen kids has to be a chaotic.  I'm sure one or two will be left Home Alone.  (insert the face shot here)

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

 

Absolutely!  I imagine packing up his couple dozen kids has to be a chaotic.  I'm sure one or two will be left Home Alone.  (insert the face shot here)

 

He is looking for the right GreyHound bus for his family and their belongings. 

 

He has to wait till their lockdown is over. :) 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, coltsfansince65 said:

"There is truly nothing that is stopping him from coming to town and doing this."

 

Not saying there is a legitimate reason he's not in town but, you can't possibly know this as fact.

I'm just saying, early on he couldn't come because of coronavirus quarantine/restrictions. That is not holding him up at this point.

 

Why does everyone think everything someone post is stated as fact, it is obvioisly in the opinion of the poster. Hell, I even stated that he might be here already in the same post.

 

52 minutes ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

You should call him and demand he send a complete itinerary on his off season workouts to you immediately.

I'm sure he is in shape, but he could be doing more in person work to help start building some chemistry with our WR's + TE's.

 

45 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

Absolutely!  I imagine packing up his couple dozen kids has to be a chaotic.  I'm sure one or two will be left Home Alone.  (insert the face shot here)

A move up here doesn't entail that much. I'm sure they will be renting a furnished place. Just need to bring themselves, clothes and vehicles.

 

I'm pretty sure he pays movers, anyway.

 

I'm sure it's going to be ok, but imo, he should be here now. 

 

The team has a legit chance to have a special season. It's frustrating to see all these QB's working out on their own with their guys, and our guy not. That was the purpose of the thread. It doesn't worry you guys, its cool. * comments are always appreciated though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Well here you go.

 

 

Thank you.  Timing is everything.

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the song “Old man River (s)”  should be played every time our offense  takes the field.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We should be seeing Pittman in town soon since Rivers is here. Rookies report July 22nd. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

 

Okay, now I'm starting to get pumped for training camp.  :thmup:

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Chloe6124 said:

We should be seeing Pittman in town soon since Rivers is here. Rookies report July 22nd. 

 

His life is basically on YouTube.  I hope he continues to post when they start working out.  But I'm sure the club has rules on what he's allowed to talk about.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the reason we may not have known he is in Indy was maybe the social distancing & mask. No one recognized him. :D

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Obviously, the Colts are reading this forum. They see the post from w87r and say "okay, we need to let everyone know he's in town." Well done w87r!

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, coltsva said:

Obviously, the Colts are reading this forum. They see the post from w87r and say "okay, we need to let everyone know he's in town." Well done w87r!

Thanks, I was thinking that myself. Don't usually like to toot my own horn though. :yahoo:

 

Sarcasm btw.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Smonroe said:

 

His life is basically on YouTube.  I hope he continues to post when they start working out.  But I'm sure the club has rules on what he's allowed to talk about.

Yeah I think he said they are planning to move soon.  They're gonna get an apartment first I believe he said until they are more familiar with the area before buying a house.  Smart, mature move IMHO.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welp, I guess we can officially say it now:

 

Welcome to Indiana, Rivers family! 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rookies may be coming in for physicals the next two weeks. They said as early as June 26th.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, w87r said:

Have to admit, I'm starting to get a little frustrated that he hasn't came to town yet. I know they cant go to team facilities but he could be in town and set up some workouts like many other QB's are doing.

 

Just really has me starting to question how bad he really wants it. There is truly nothing that is stopping him from coming to town and doing this. I get he is spending time with the family, but it's time to get to work.

 

Even Eason has taken steps to throw to some guys. See guys like Drew Lock, throwing to Juedy, buiding that chemistry.?

 

Idk? What's your guys feelings on it?

 

Or you seen anything about him being in town. I just tried to find something, didn't see anything.

 

  I am a bit of a mess with some of the worldly things going on.
 Hadn't given your point of worry a thought.
  That you offer what totally unproven players are doing to get better and compare that to Rivers, does concern me about you. I will probably NOT make a note, mental or physical, of it though. Carry on. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

That you offer what totally unproven players are doing to get better and compare that to Rivers, does concern me about you. I will probably NOT make a note, mental or physical, of it though. Carry on. 

I listed 2 unproven players yes, there has been plenty other guys that are proven to have done it as well.

 

Point of listing younger guys just was making a point that they have took the initiative to make it happen.

 

 

If I would of listed Tom Brady, would that of been better for you?

 

https://www.tampabay.com/sports/bucs/2020/05/19/tom-brady-bucs-players-take-the-field-at-tampas-berkeley-prep-exclusive-photos/

 

I mean, this was 3 weeks ago.

 

How about:

Maholmes

Stafford

Tannehill

 

Just to name a few more, they all have been working out. It really doesn't matter though because Rivers is here now.

 

I'm not going to make a note either, carry on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, AZColt11 said:

Yeah I think he said they are planning to move soon.  They're gonna get an apartment first I believe he said until they are more familiar with the area before buying a house.  Smart, mature move IMHO.

 

He seems like a very mature young man.  Having a father who played in the league probably helped.

 

Now his brother...that's another story...  But he's young and full of something and vinegar, right?

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, richard pallo said:

Thank you.  Timing is everything.

What makes a good comedian timing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, w87r said:

I'm just saying, early on he couldn't come because of coronavirus quarantine/restrictions. That is not holding him up at this point.

 

Why does everyone think everything someone post is stated as fact, it is obvioisly in the opinion of the poster. Hell, I even stated that he might be here already in the same post.

 

I'm sure he is in shape, but he could be doing more in person work to help start building some chemistry with our WR's + TE's.

 

A move up here doesn't entail that much. I'm sure they will be renting a furnished place. Just need to bring themselves, clothes and vehicles.

 

I'm pretty sure he pays movers, anyway.

 

I'm sure it's going to be ok, but imo, he should be here now. 

 

The team has a legit chance to have a special season. It's frustrating to see all these QB's working out on their own with their guys, and our guy not. That was the purpose of the thread. It doesn't worry you guys, its cool. * comments are always appreciated though.

He's here but it's far too late. The season's over:(

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

He's here but it's far too late. The season's over:(

How do you figure the season is over? That post is ridiculous, sorry but true.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, braveheartcolt said:

What makes a good comedian timing.

and a great writer of what a comedian says. Eddie Murphy was the greatest ever in the 80's because he had great content to say by the writers. He has sucked since then, like Chevy Chase too, funniest guys ever but you need great writers. The Simpsons have been great for 30 years because they have great writers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

He's here but it's far too late. The season's over:(

Don't give up hope!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

How do you figure the season is over? That post is ridiculous, sorry but true.

I think it was more a shot at me.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, w87r said:

I think it was more a shot at me.

Yeah could be but still the post was silly. He may have been being sarcastic haha 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, WoolMagnet said:

I think the song “Old man River (s)”  should be played every time our offense  takes the field.

That was one of my Dad's all time favourite songs, from Showboat I think?

Brings back memories of him.

And Mariah from Paint Your Wagon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fear not my fellow Colts fans.

 

The Chosen One will deliver.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Nadine said:

Don't give up hope!

Reminds me of that In Living Color sketch: "Keep (Bob) Hope Alive!".

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

And Mariah from Paint Your Wagon.

Loved that movie, but truthfully, they did a lot to make him more of a singer than he was. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting note, according to oddschecker.com, more MVP bets were placed on Rivers in the month of May than any other NFL player.

 

I commented in another thread that I saw the odds at Bovada drop from +6500 to +3500 before I got a chance to put my money in.

 

Rivers is going to have a big year.  Lots of false narratives out there by the drive-by sports media, but anyone that has actually watched him play knows that he has not declined physically.  Last year's below average stats (by his standards) were a result of no OL, no speed receivers, no running game (set a super bowl era record they were so bad), and a joke of a coaching staff.  Gonna be an exciting year for Colts fans.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, DontEverGiveUp said:

Interesting note, according to oddschecker.com, more MVP bets were placed on Rivers in the month of May than any other NFL player.

I saw that yesterday, when I was trying to find info on if Rivers had came to town yet. (Apparently I was looking an hour and half to early).

 

22 minutes ago, DontEverGiveUp said:

Rivers is going to have a big year.  Lots of false narratives out there by the drive-by sports media, but anyone that has actually watched him play knows that he has not declined physically.

I agree with this to. Be is going to have 1 of the better seasons of his career.

 

Idk about MVP, but I'll be rooting for it. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • I do remember his VCU days in basketball, and he'd absolutely destroy anyone in the paint.    I still go back to that catch during the Raiders game in 2018. That was around our turning point where we just took off and didn't look back. 
    • @John Waylon  great statement 
    • This is why this thing is so out of hand.    A helmet isn’t going to stop the spread. A face shield will lower the chances of spread, but it doesn’t eliminate it.    You don’t have to spend a “considerable amount of time around someone” to catch the virus. You can literally contract it passing someone on a sidewalk if they have recently spouted the virus into the air.    And football players spend the whole game, literally the whole game, running around making contact with others. Breathing heavy. Yelling. Spitting. Slobbering. It’s a wonderful breeding ground for the virus to spread.    Beyond that there are already plenty of high-risk groups who have a chance to suffer from complications of the virus. Maybe they have an elderly family member who lives in-home. Maybe a diabetic or asthmatic child. Maybe they are diabetic.    The kind of narrow and uninformed rhetoric above is exactly why this thing has, and continues to burn through the planet, especially here in the US. 
    • Darius has stated many times that he prefers to play around 220. He was weighed in at 230 for the combine.  But was nursing an injury, and was not able to work out for a lot of that time, and gained some weight.
    • Yeah he is listed at 230. I was thinking more like 235.
  • Members

    • C0LT5

      C0LT5 133

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • PrincetonTiger

      PrincetonTiger 11,173

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Nadine

      Nadine 9,767

      Administrators
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • w87r

      w87r 1,739

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • buccolts

      buccolts 4,483

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • jal8908

      jal8908 0

      Rookie
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Mel Kiper's Hair

      Mel Kiper's Hair 1,564

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • cjrulli

      cjrulli 391

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Myles

      Myles 3,823

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • cjrichard

      cjrichard 98

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
×
×
  • Create New...