Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Sign in to follow this  
Indeee

The NFL Stand/Kneel Issue is an easy fix

Recommended Posts

Before each game, ALL the players take a knee in a moment of silence for the cause before the National Anthem aspect of the games are considered. Once that moment of silence has concluded, then ALL players and fans stand for the National Anthem as the loud speakers always have instructed us to do. Then we play football. 

 

This solves it and I for one would believe that no fan or player or anyone would object to this.

 

I personally don't have a twitter, but my buddy has tweeted this idea out to the prez and I would ask that if any of you have a twitter might do the same. Either tweeting the prez, the nfl, or Irsay or all of the mentioned. Whoever.

 

What we don't need right now is anymore division within anyone or anything.

 

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Four2itus said:

I prefer that they go back to coming out of the locker room after the national anthem. That's that way it was for decades. 

That is a good idea too.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Four2itus said:

I prefer that they go back to coming out of the locker room after the national anthem. That's that way it was for decades. 

Probably easiest solution.

 

However I think the most impactful application, is letting them kneel, whoever so chooses to, in the open for all to see. Not just hide them.

 

Sometimes things shouldn't be so easy.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I find nonproductive To make the players stand at attention for the NA after getting them pumped in the locker room and player announcements

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

I find nonproductive To make the players stand at attention for the NA after getting them pumped in the locker room and player announcements

Good point.

 

It doesn't seem to be an issue, but possibly, with how some teams come out flat sometimes?

 

Definitely seems counter productive, but at the same time. The NA gets players jacked up in it's own right because they knkw its game time.

 

Its such a big tradition though, I don't see it going away.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, w87r said:

Good point.

 

It doesn't seem to be an issue, but possibly, with how some teams come out flat sometimes?

 

Definitely seems counter productive, but at the same time. The NA gets players jacked up in it's own right because they knkw its game time.

 

Its such a big tradition though, I don't see it going away.

When I was playing and coaching the NA was the sign for us to start going to the field or the coaches to wrap up their pep talk

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, w87r said:

Its such a big tradition though, I don't see it going away.

For those of us who have watched for so many years...the tradition was that at the end of the NA......here come the players!! It had an excitement all it's own, at it was better. JMO...

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PrincetonTiger said:

I find nonproductive To make the players stand at attention for the NA after getting them pumped in the locker room and player announcements

 

Some players can also go the other way and get a bit over emotional during the anthem, which probably doesn't help with big game nerves etc. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Indeee said:

Before each game, ALL the players take a knee in a moment of silence for the cause before the National Anthem aspect of the games are considered. Once that moment of silence has concluded, then ALL players and fans stand for the National Anthem as the loud speakers always have instructed us to do. Then we play football. 

 

This solves it and I for one would believe that no fan or player or anyone would object to this.

 

I personally don't have a twitter, but my buddy has tweeted this idea out to the prez and I would ask that if any of you have a twitter might do the same. Either tweeting the prez, the nfl, or Irsay or all of the mentioned. Whoever.

 

What we don't need right now is anymore division within anyone or anything.

 

 

 

What if some players that really believe in the cause find that standing for the NA counter productive? I mean would Kap and others that feel like him do both? I guess brees would do both since he's quickly done a 180 and only believes what's best for him at that moment. Lol

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

 

What if some players that really believe in the cause find that standing for the NA counter productive? I mean would Kap and others that feel like him do both? I guess brees would do both since he's quickly done a 180 and only believes what's best for him at that moment. Lol

Kap and a whole group of players have adamantly stated that kneeling was NEVER about disrespecting the flag or any service members associated with it, so if players chose not to stand for the anthem after giving them the opportunity to kneel before the anthem moment I would say that all of their proclamations that it had nothing to do with the disrespect would have ultimately been lies.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’d be hypocritical to ask them to stand up while I’m doing something in the kitchen while the national anthem is playing getting ready for the game. That’s just the reality of it.

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, chad72 said:

I’d be hypocritical to ask them to stand up while I’m doing something in the kitchen while the national anthem is playing getting ready for the game. That’s just the reality of it.

In most cases The NA is the time for me to be in restroom or getting my last minute exercise 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They are going to have a big problem if players don’t want to kneel and be proud of the anthem. Players will start tearing each other down and bullying Just like they did Brees. I agree have them in the locker room until the anthem is done. If a players wants to stand with his hand over his heart for the anthem he should be able to without being bullied. Both sides should do what they want without being trashed. 

 

I know this sounds bad but I really don’t want this stuff thrown at me every Sunday during a game. Players should do what they can to help off the field and bring awareness that way. Football is a escape and I don’t want it politicized. I have already lost respect for the league the last few days and it’s making my excitement go down. When people like Brees are trashed and told to shut up it’s disgusting. Apparently the only ones who can have a opinion  are the kneelers. 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, w87r said:

Probably easiest solution.

 

However I think the most impactful application, is letting them kneel, whoever so chooses to, in the open for all to see. Not just hide them.

 

Sometimes things shouldn't be so easy.

I can already see a problem. Players who choose to stand will get trashed. They will do to them what they did to Brees. They should be able to do what they want without getting bullied. That is for both sides. I am already disgusted at Brees. You can already see the backlash the nfl is going to get. They can’t win. People are already saying they won’t watch. We will see if they stick to that.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Indeee said:

Kap and a whole group of players have adamantly stated that kneeling was NEVER about disrespecting the flag or any service members associated with it, so if players chose not to stand for the anthem after giving them the opportunity to kneel before the anthem moment I would say that all of their proclamations that it had nothing to do with the disrespect would have ultimately been lies.

If they do what the first post this is exactly what will happen. The players will prove to be hypocrites. The NFL better come to a solution so what ever a player decides to do it doesn’t create more division. I am sick of everyone screaming at each other over everything. Everyone is screaming and nobody has any soltitions. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I can already see a problem. Players who choose to stand will get trashed. They will do to them what they did to Brees. They should be able to do what they want without getting bullied. That is for both sides. I am already disgusted at Brees. You can already see the backlash the nfl is going to get. They can’t win. People are already saying they won’t watch. We will see if they stick to that.  

This is why @Four2itus has the best idea IMO. His idea creates no tension and zero problems.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

This is why @Four2itus has the best idea IMO. His idea creates no tension and zero problems.

Thanks for leaving me out because I said the same thing 

 

Very Funny Reaction GIF

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The problem is even if you have all the players kneel in solidarity, then have them stand, you're going to have that one guy who keeps kneeling.

 

Anyways, it's all easy for Roger Goodell to want change during the off-season, but let's see him want change when it's hitting the league in the pocket books. There's no way the NFL doesn't take at least some semblance of financial loss from all this.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Thanks for leaving me out because I said the same thing 

 

Very Funny Reaction GIF

I know you did, great idea's fella's.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This thread has been had many times on this board and it never has discussion.  Only people polarized.

Props to the people who proposed solutions but I think this thread has run its course.......again.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • More time to get beer and food before the game starts!   WINNING !   Always look on the bright side of life.
    • I honestly can't see how Brady will thrive in Arians offense. His offense is a lot of 7 step drops and long forming routes and that's not Brady's game. His game is a lot of quick passes. Not sure how that will work.
    • Not a fan of this.  They shouldnt callit the bleck national anthem.  
    • I don't see masks being effective in such a competitive situation...  non contact, non respiratory space being impossible to control. I am coming closer to feeling that viable sports seasons are unlikely until there are therapeutics and ultimately a vaccine available.   Sucks a Lot!
    • 1. The Browns are "The Browns" 2. I don't care for Arians, but he's vastly superior to Kitchens.  3. TB has a top 10 OL, while the Browns have a bottom 10 4. I'll take a 42 year old TB who was led the #8 passing O last year even though he had a ragtag group of pass catchers. He's going to a team who had the #1 passing O last year, and some of the best pass catchers. 5. The only thing TB needs this year, is to improve their pass D. They drafted a pretty good S in R2. IMO, their pass rush should be better this year too. It'll be the second year in Bowles' system, so I expect the DBs to improve a decent amount (Bowles has a DB history) on that aspect alone.   Not saying they're going to win the SB or anything, but they're not going to be the 2019 Browns either.   I honestly hope both TB and NE have losing seasons, but I certainly wouldn't bet on it.
  • Members

    • bravo4460

      bravo4460 1,753

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • PureLuck

      PureLuck 156

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
×
×
  • Create New...