Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The NFL Stand/Kneel Issue is an easy fix

Indeee

Before each game, ALL the players take a knee in a moment of silence for the cause before the National Anthem aspect of the games are considered. Once that moment of silence has concluded, then ALL players and fans stand for the National Anthem as the loud speakers always have instructed us to do. Then we play football. 

This solves it and I for one would believe that no fan or player or anyone would object to this.

I personally don't have a twitter, but my buddy has tweeted this idea out to the prez and I would ask that if any of you have a twitter might do the same. Either tweeting the prez, the nfl, or Irsay or all of the mentioned. Whoever.

What we don't need right now is anymore division within anyone or anything.

17 minutes ago, Four2itus said:

I prefer that they go back to coming out of the locker room after the national anthem. That's that way it was for decades. 

Probably easiest solution.

However I think the most impactful application, is letting them kneel, whoever so chooses to, in the open for all to see. Not just hide them.

Sometimes things shouldn't be so easy.

8 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

I find nonproductive To make the players stand at attention for the NA after getting them pumped in the locker room and player announcements

Good point.

It doesn't seem to be an issue, but possibly, with how some teams come out flat sometimes?

Definitely seems counter productive, but at the same time. The NA gets players jacked up in it's own right because they knkw its game time.

Its such a big tradition though, I don't see it going away.

2 minutes ago, w87r said:

Good point.

It doesn't seem to be an issue, but possibly, with how some teams come out flat sometimes?

Definitely seems counter productive, but at the same time. The NA gets players jacked up in it's own right because they knkw its game time.

When I was playing and coaching the NA was the sign for us to start going to the field or the coaches to wrap up their pep talk

17 minutes ago, w87r said:

For those of us who have watched for so many years...the tradition was that at the end of the NA......here come the players!! It had an excitement all it's own, at it was better. JMO...

1 hour ago, PrincetonTiger said:

I find nonproductive To make the players stand at attention for the NA after getting them pumped in the locker room and player announcements

Some players can also go the other way and get a bit over emotional during the anthem, which probably doesn't help with big game nerves etc. 

6 hours ago, Indeee said:

Before each game, ALL the players take a knee in a moment of silence for the cause before the National Anthem aspect of the games are considered. Once that moment of silence has concluded, then ALL players and fans stand for the National Anthem as the loud speakers always have instructed us to do. Then we play football. 

This solves it and I for one would believe that no fan or player or anyone would object to this.

I personally don't have a twitter, but my buddy has tweeted this idea out to the prez and I would ask that if any of you have a twitter might do the same. Either tweeting the prez, the nfl, or Irsay or all of the mentioned. Whoever.

What we don't need right now is anymore division within anyone or anything.

What if some players that really believe in the cause find that standing for the NA counter productive? I mean would Kap and others that feel like him do both? I guess brees would do both since he's quickly done a 180 and only believes what's best for him at that moment. Lol

38 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

What if some players that really believe in the cause find that standing for the NA counter productive? I mean would Kap and others that feel like him do both? I guess brees would do both since he's quickly done a 180 and only believes what's best for him at that moment. Lol

Kap and a whole group of players have adamantly stated that kneeling was NEVER about disrespecting the flag or any service members associated with it, so if players chose not to stand for the anthem after giving them the opportunity to kneel before the anthem moment I would say that all of their proclamations that it had nothing to do with the disrespect would have ultimately been lies.

10 minutes ago, chad72 said:

I’d be hypocritical to ask them to stand up while I’m doing something in the kitchen while the national anthem is playing getting ready for the game. That’s just the reality of it.

In most cases The NA is the time for me to be in restroom or getting my last minute exercise 

They are going to have a big problem if players don’t want to kneel and be proud of the anthem. Players will start tearing each other down and bullying Just like they did Brees. I agree have them in the locker room until the anthem is done. If a players wants to stand with his hand over his heart for the anthem he should be able to without being bullied. Both sides should do what they want without being trashed. 

I know this sounds bad but I really don’t want this stuff thrown at me every Sunday during a game. Players should do what they can to help off the field and bring awareness that way. Football is a escape and I don’t want it politicized. I have already lost respect for the league the last few days and it’s making my excitement go down. When people like Brees are trashed and told to shut up it’s disgusting. Apparently the only ones who can have a opinion  are the kneelers. 

5 hours ago, w87r said:

Probably easiest solution.

However I think the most impactful application, is letting them kneel, whoever so chooses to, in the open for all to see. Not just hide them.

Sometimes things shouldn't be so easy.

I can already see a problem. Players who choose to stand will get trashed. They will do to them what they did to Brees. They should be able to do what they want without getting bullied. That is for both sides. I am already disgusted at Brees. You can already see the backlash the nfl is going to get. They can’t win. People are already saying they won’t watch. We will see if they stick to that.  

2 hours ago, Indeee said:

Kap and a whole group of players have adamantly stated that kneeling was NEVER about disrespecting the flag or any service members associated with it, so if players chose not to stand for the anthem after giving them the opportunity to kneel before the anthem moment I would say that all of their proclamations that it had nothing to do with the disrespect would have ultimately been lies.

If they do what the first post this is exactly what will happen. The players will prove to be hypocrites. The NFL better come to a solution so what ever a player decides to do it doesn’t create more division. I am sick of everyone screaming at each other over everything. Everyone is screaming and nobody has any soltitions. 

44 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I can already see a problem. Players who choose to stand will get trashed. They will do to them what they did to Brees. They should be able to do what they want without getting bullied. That is for both sides. I am already disgusted at Brees. You can already see the backlash the nfl is going to get. They can’t win. People are already saying they won’t watch. We will see if they stick to that.  

This is why @Four2itus has the best idea IMO. His idea creates no tension and zero problems.

The problem is even if you have all the players kneel in solidarity, then have them stand, you're going to have that one guy who keeps kneeling.

Anyways, it's all easy for Roger Goodell to want change during the off-season, but let's see him want change when it's hitting the league in the pocket books. There's no way the NFL doesn't take at least some semblance of financial loss from all this.

• Nadine locked this topic

Archived