Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Assistant coach interviews today

15 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I was hoping maybe that Rivers would work out with Pittman in Cali. 

It'll be interesting to see the WR dynamics this year. Bringing in Rivers gives every WR a clean slate. No history, no favorites, etc..

41 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

I was hoping maybe that Rivers would work out with Pittman in Cali. 

It'll be interesting to see the WR dynamics this year. Bringing in Rivers gives every WR a clean slate. No history, no favorites, etc..

Rivers is in Florida though. I expect rivers to Be here in Indy soon. Coaches can go back into the facilities tomorrow. There may not be any workouts until training camp but I bet within the next couple of weeks players will be able to go in. They seem to be just waiting on the niners to get permission. They are the only team left to get permission.

Pittman has been working out with a lot of pros. In his last video he had SAm Darnold throwing to him. He is getting help from TJ H. I feel good that he is getting a lot of instruction from very good players. As much as he would coaches. He said his girlfriend was applying for a place so I think he will be here soon. Buckner bought his place in Indy and they have been moving in. Hopefully Rivers  is here soon. Not having OTA won’t matter to much if he can get to work with the pass catchers. He seems to be texting with the receivers. 

Once the players can come in and use the facilities I think most will be here in Indy.

34 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Rivers is in Florida though. I expect rivers to Be here in Indy soon. Coaches can go back into the facilities tomorrow. There may not be any workouts until training camp but I bet within the next couple of weeks players will be able to go in. They seem to be just waiting on the niners to get permission. They are the only team left to get permission.

Pittman has been working out with a lot of pros. In his last video he had SAm Darnold throwing to him. He is getting help from TJ H. I feel good that he is getting a lot of instruction from very good players. As much as he would coaches. He said his girlfriend was applying for a place so I think he will be here soon. Buckner bought his place in Indy and they have been moving in. Hopefully Rivers  is here soon. Not having OTA won’t matter to much if he can get to work with the pass catchers. He seems to be texting with the receivers. 

Once the players can come in and use the facilities I think most will be here in Indy.

IIRC, he was back out in Cali shortly after the appearance at that HS he's going to coach at in Alabama. I know his house in Cali just went on the market in May.

1 minute ago, EastStreet said:

IIRC, he was back out in Cali shortly after the appearance at that HS he's going to coach at in Alabama. I know his house in Cali just went on the market in May.

Oh ok. I just hope we see guys like pascal, Campbell, and TY working with him soon. Once guys can use the weight room at the facility we should see them back. 

The players need to have their own little mini camps before TC. Seems like TC will start on time. Texas has even said sports can return with 50% of fans. I saw where teams don’t want mini camp because they are afraid of injuries. That doesn’t make sense because aren’t they going to have the same injury situation when TC starts. If they allow players they should allow something like A OTA before camp. Maybe a conditioning period. No Pads like a OTA would be.

49 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Oh ok. I just hope we see guys like pascal, Campbell, and TY working with him soon. Once guys can use the weight room at the facility we should see them back. 

The players need to have their own little mini camps before TC. Seems like TC will start on time. Texas has even said sports can return with 50% of fans. I saw where teams don’t want mini camp because they are afraid of injuries. That doesn’t make sense because aren’t they going to have the same injury situation when TC starts. If they allow players they should allow something like A OTA before camp. Maybe a conditioning period. No Pads like a OTA would be.

I just hope QBs and WRs/TEs can get in some work before TC on their own. They can social distance, but still work on routes and chemistry. All of them need to get their butts back to Indy.

I wonder how player's weights have been impacted with all the stuff going on. I bet some have gained wait lol.... I just hope their conditioning is not too bad.

7 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

I just hope QBs and WRs/TEs can get in some work before TC on their own. They can social distance, but still work on routes and chemistry. All of them need to get their butts back to Indy.

I wonder how player's weights have been impacted with all the stuff going on. I bet some have gained wait lol.... I just hope their conditioning is not too bad.

From what I have seen from a lot of players on IG we should be very thankful we have a team full of responsible players. The ones I have seen have been working their butts off.  Some of them together. Moore, Walker, Rhodes, AQM have all been down in Florida together. AQM and Turay are such hard workers. Those two just are very motivated. I don’t think we have to worry about social distance.  Turay has been in the face of Mathis all off season. I have noticed Turay wearing a mask when inside the colts facility working with the trainers though. Good news from NYC today. They had no new deaths.

Mist of the high level QB are working with team mates. Brady, Stafford, Lock. I am very grateful in this situation though we have a star proven QB that.knows the system. Now it’s just getting some work and timing issues down.

3 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

The colts had a bunch of assistant coaches do a press thing today. As soon as they are up on youtube I will post them.

Here is a snippet of what Brady said about Eason.

It just hit me that we have (2) WRs that are 6'4" 225 lbs (perhaps outside), with TY Hilton and Campbell. And a RB named Taylor who's almost a clone of Barkley (height/weight/speed) lmao. Man if these guys can just stay healthy...Ballard is a genius! Oh and a 4th round QB with the same great height/weight/arm as any QB in the draft (shhhh its wrapped under the tree with Irsey's name on it) smh. But that's just the offense.

58 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

I’m not sure you can social distance while sweating and playing catch with a football. Just a thought on maybe why they haven’t yet.

1 minute ago, The Oopty Oop said:

I’m not sure you can social distance while sweating and playing catch with a football. Just a thought on maybe why they haven’t yet.

A ton of players are already working together. Brady, Stafford, Lock are all working with their WR. Turay is in Mathis face almost everyday working out. This is just a case of getting Rivers up here and starting. That should be soon. Players won’t comr in until they can use the weight room and facility. As soon as that happens we should see rivers here working with everyone.

41 minutes ago, The Oopty Oop said:

I've seen vids of dif QBs with several trashcans of balls tossing one after the other. 

5 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

I've seen vids of dif QBs with several trashcans of balls tossing one after the other. 

I misread your response. I hope like heck they are around each other and getting work in. I was saying Rivers and our receivers running routes together playing catch would be questionable and up to their personal preference as far as social distancing goes.

Throughly impressed by Brian Baker, great addition to the staff.  Was most impressed by what he said he learned coaching college ball the past four years about how to relate to the younger generation playing ball these days.

You can also get the interviews on the Colts App. all four are very good.

Thanks Chloe 

Archived