Indianapolis Colts
Chloe6124

Teams must hold training camp at facilities

Not sure if this means they can’t go to Westfield but I assume it does. I think it’s smart since they have protocols in place at the facilities. Also looks like we are moving closer to camp starting on time.

• Like 1

Good thing Colts expanded and upgraded the 56th St. facility recently.

A shame for the fans though, Westfield is a fun experience.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Anyone know how far Westfield is from the colts facility? Is there anyplace for them to practice outside at the facility?

3 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Anyone know how far Westfield is from the colts facility? Is there anyplace for them to practice outside at the facility?

20-25 minutes.

There are fields at practice facility. They've held camp there before.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

This also most likely means no joint practices.

They have had joint practices there before, there are at least 3 outdoor fields and a full indoor field.

Expanded and upgraded weight rooms, locker rooms and health and trainers facilities.

They be good to go, unfortunately no fans.

• Like 3

It’s inevitable that no fans will be allowed to attend... 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Those are always a fun few weeks hearing what fans think of the players. It will be sad.  The only thing we will get is from the media. But the good thing is it seems we are moving towards camp starting on time. Maybe we will be surprised and some fans will be able to attend some outdoor practices.

• Like 1

If these players dont start making some compromises with the leagues, we might not even have some seasons.

Already at risk anyway, if there is another spike.

For players to think they don't need to come off some salary is wild.

Mainly speaking on MLB(pro rated salary request), but NFL has approached NFLPA about reductions of salaries because of revenue loss with no fans.

Will either take reductions, or will face a Salary Cap that drops next year.

I'm fine with the 2nd option, because that just makes our open cap space that more valuable.

A second wave in inevitable. Doesn't matter though if they are willing to play in empty arenas. And I'm perfectly OK with empty stadiums until late year when a vaccine is available.

Just give me football. Please Baby Jesus Please.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, RollerColt said:

It’s inevitable that no fans will be allowed to attend... 

Your right they don't have the parking. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

It's a 16 wk schedule, at some point perhaps after the 4th wk they'll start having fans in the stand.

By September, it's more likely that stadiums are allowed to have fans in limited or very limited capacity, a few allotted seats in safe distance in each section. 

Stadiums will not have 60,000 fans but it's more likely that 5,000-10,000 fans can be accommodated keeping the distance as per state orders. Would that be a boost for the home team? Yes, better than having no one. Would that create a noise that gives trouble to visiting team on the road on important downs? Most likely not. 

Maybe, no tailgating and things as such or that in limited capacity. Maybe, it will improve throughout the season but I doubt games will be played with no fans. 

Probably the opponent traveling fans wouldn't be there much as usual, unless teams in proximity to each other play. 

It will be an interesting season, but it will not be gloomy without any fans at all.

13 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

Not sure if this means they can’t go to Westfield but I assume it does. I think it’s smart since they have protocols in place at the facilities. Also looks like we are moving closer to camp starting on time.

Teams need to conduct practices in their own facility, not somewhere miles away because the players will need to be tested periodically and kept out of too much public contact while their job is to go from home to team facilities and train. This is why NFL wants to have no leniency in allowing any outside facilities. 

So, teams conducting any practices outside their facility will have to change and accommodate this Off-season. Strictly.

NFL has given a direction that "teams can get Exception but they will have to prove to the league Medical Task Force that they can't conduct in their own facility" if that's the case. 

I think that would mean team would've to move their facility to their outside training location so that medical tests and player frequency is limited to that outside facility. Not sure if teams could do that or it would be prudent to just use/upgrade the practice field and training rooms  in their own facility to conduct off-season program. 

10 hours ago, superrep1967 said:

Your right they don't have the parking. 

I mean if they would allow fans they couldn't at the complex because of parking. 

Looks like the NBA will be having a playoff in Orlando. Some fans might be able to go. Florida has opened up sporting events with some fans. That will be a good test run for the NFL in sept.  The season I think will start on time. I also predict there will be some fans. Stories are out the virus is fading so there may never be a vaccine. Should we stop everything forever? No

2 hours ago, chad72 said:

Football needs to be prepared for setbacks like these, where 5 Alabama Crimson Tide players who showed up for voluntary activities tested positive.

https://alabama.rivals.com/news/sources-alabama-football-has-at-least-5-players-test-positive-for-covid-19

I expect when players start showing up they will all be tested and we will see some asystematic cases.  But the good news they will all be tested before TC starts. 

2 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I expect when players start showing up they will all be tested and we will see some asystematic cases.  But the good news they will all be tested before TC starts. 

Yeah, I want football too, with or without fans. Sports, for the entire country, is a good escape from lots of things. There is only so much I can watch Netflix. :)  (for some, maybe not)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, chad72 said:

Yeah, I want football too, with or without fans. Sports, for the entire country, is a good escape from lots of things. There is only so much I can watch Netflix. :)  (for some, maybe not)

I am wondering how the nfl will handle fans. Texas said teams can have 50% fans starting now. That might be full capacity by sept. Will they allow some teams to have fans and others not. With revenue sharing I think they will allow it in the states that will allow it. Hopefully most states will be up to that 50% by sept.

NFL could do it on a state by state basis co-ordinated with what the state governors want. We could see states like NY, PA, IL, MA start off with no fans while states like TX, FL might start with 25-50% and go up in phases every month. NFL has to see how well monitoring and implementing rules goes with every month before making hard decisions. 

The question for season ticket holders would be, if the NFL mandates you wear masks, would you or would you rather watch it on TV? We expect the summer months' impact to show up in fall, that could factor into the NFL decisions too in line with the timing of the NFL season.