Indianapolis Colts
Sign in to follow this  
AustexColt

Would Irsay & NFL Owners bring Colin into the NFL?

This past week the nation has been engulfed with the tragic death of George Floyd. Sportscaster has reminded us all about the stand that Colin Kaepernick did in kneeling as a reminder that Black Lives Matter. He has been "black listed" by all the NFL owners ever since. The sportscasters are placing this in front of all sportscasters, players and citizens. As a Colt fan, I think Colin Kaepernick would be a solid 3rd QB. What do you think?

• Thanks 1

My thought is that enough time had passed - prior to the George Floyd incident - that he would have been brought onboard if he actually had better talent than those already in the league and those who would come cheaper.  That's my .02 without making this too political.  There have been other talents in the league with marks against them that have been added to rosters because their talent was worth the bad press.  I would suspect that having the best talent on the roster is the highest priority to some owners - regardless getting some bad views from the press or the fans.

I like our QB room right now.  No need to add Kaep.

• Like 1

I would not be in favor of signing him to The Colts. This has nothing to do with his kneeling or social justice work; I just don't think he's the right kind of QB for our scheme. 

Personally I think he was a decent QB in the right system, but he doesn't seem to me to be the type of QB that can thrive in any system, and more specifically ours. Add to this the fact that he has not played for several years and it's a hard pass for me.

I, unlike others, wish him no ill will, and hope he is successful & happy in life. However I think our QB room is better without him.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, DynaMike said:

I would not be in favor of signing him to The Colts. This has nothing to do with his kneeling or social justice work; I just don't think he's the right kind of QB for our scheme. 

Personally I think he was a decent QB in the right system, but he doesn't seem to me to be the type of QB that can thrive in any system, and more specifically ours. Add to this the fact that he has not played for several years and it's a hard pass for me.

I, unlike others, wish him no ill will, and hope he is successful & happy in life. However I think our QB room is better without him.

I agree with you on so many levels

Why would any private business organization bring in such a disruptive influence to be, essentially, a scout team quarterback?  

• Like 7
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, DynaMike said:

Great post. I feel the same. He hasn't played in what 3 years, that is a long time. We already have 4 QB's on the roster.

Didn’t he kind of ruin his last chance when the Ravens were about to sign him and his girlfriend posted that really dumb photo of Ray Lewis and their owner?

Part of me thinks he doesn’t really intend to ever play again.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Great post. I feel the same. He hasn't played in what 3 years, that is a long time. We already have 4 QB's on the roster.

This is where I am at as well. The Colts have no need to add Kaep.

Saying that, Minnesota signing him, makes some sense. Back up Kirk and bring a strong presence for the community to hopefully start healing.

Nothing will heal, until America steps up and is vocal. We can not let this continue to happen. 

Being not racist, isn't enough. It's time to be anti racist.

Regardless if it is family members or complete strangers. It's time to quit looking away and turning a deaf ear on racism. Confront it and help be a change.

***that obviously wasn't directed to tou 2006

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

The colts are spending record money on QBs already so I'd say no.  theres even a dead cap hit for Luck still on the books.

there is a log jam of backups as it is 

3 minutes ago, w87r said:

Saying that, Minnesota signing him, makes some sense. Back up Kirk and bring a strong presence for the community to hopefully start healing.

Nothing will heal, until America steps up and is vocal. We can not let this continue to happen. 

Regardless if it is family members or complete strangers. It's time to quit looking away and turning a deaf ear on racism. Confront it and help be a change.

Yeah if someone wants to protest something I have no problem with it. I personally would never kneel during the anthem but I don't dislike Kaep. Protesting for something you believe in is great in reality, I just don't like the Looting and the burning of businesses. That is wrong and taking it too far IMO. Why would anyone want to burn down a hard working man's business to prove a point? That is a major crime as well. Protest all you want but the other stuff is what people think is just wrong. I am glad the officer that killed George is being charged with murder. He should be. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

The colts are spending record money on QBs already so I'd say no.  theres even a dead cap hit for Luck still on the books.

there is a log jam of backups as it is 

Yeah we actually have 5 QB's on the roster if you count Luck lmao 

28 minutes ago, w87r said:

Of you want to be a it racist then calls out all racism. Many blacks are racist against whites. So save your crap

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

All that black power crap, racist. All police brutality and corruption should be called out and dealt with. Towards all colors. Cause guess what, they kill white people too. I can't stand the hypocrisy 

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

@2006Coltsbestever

I don't condone it either. However, peaceful protest don't work. They are "disruptive" according to guys like @Dingus McGirt

They are tired of being killed and nothing is done about it. Sadly, it is going to get worse before it gets better.

Police officer was charged with lowest degree murder(joke). He stayed on Floyd's neck for more than 2 minutes after they couldn't find a pulse. Other officers, nothing. TBH, they probably put him in jail to protect him. 

Until police officers face ramifications for their actions we will not be able to get past this.

4 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Of you want to be a it racist then calls out all racism. Many blacks are racist against whites. So save your crap

My comment goes for all races.

Confront racism to its face, regardless of color.

Save your crap.

I imagine this will be locked up soon.

All that black power crap, racist. All police brutality and corruption should be called out and dealt with. Towards all colors. Cause guess what, they kill white people too. I can't stand the hypocrisy 

Clearly happens to all races, but if you can't set there and be honest with yourself about the treatment of minority Americans, I can only come to the conclusion, you are 1 of those guys that will go by and shoot at some protesters or try to run them down. 

Racist trash.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

Colts are already in a situation where they're going to have to cut one or two talented individuals that they seem to be "high" on.  Bringing another talented QB in, presumably to make a political statement, only to ultimately have him ride the pine.........seems like the wrong move.

Not sure Kap really wants to play either.  After the 2019 workout shenanigans I'd (if I were colts front office) need to be convinced of that first.  His actions dont exactly speak to a man desperate to get back in the league. 

We've already had a big name coach leave us at the altar,  and our superbowl aspirations evaporate when the face of the franchise pulled the pin.  Another high profile signing, who is probably (and rightly) more interested in his social justice work than colts football, to fill a third string position.......nah.  doesnt add up.

If he want to get back in the league his position should match his profile.  Starter or in competition to be the starter.  Not buried in an already crowded roster.

8 minutes ago, w87r said:

@2006Coltsbestever

I don't condone it either. However, peaceful protest don't work. They are "disruptive" according to guys like @Dingus McGirt

They are tired of being killed and nothing is done about it. Sadly, it is going to get worse before it gets better.

Police officer was charged with lowest degree murder(joke). He stayed on Floyd's neck for more than 2 minutes after they couldn't find a pulse. Other officers, nothing. TBH, they probably put him in jail to protect him. 

Until police officers face ramifications for their actions we will not be able to get past this.

Save your crap.

Clearly happens to all races, but if you can't set there and be honest with yourself about the treatment of minority Americans, I can only come to the conclusion, you are 1 of those guys that will go by and shoot at some protesters or try to run them down. 

Racist trash.

Yeah I am white as well and have never been in a black man's shoes so I have no idea how some African Americans feel. All I can say is racism of any kind is awful. You would think in 2020 we wouldn't have these problems. Regarding the officer he should've been charged with 1st degree murder IMO. I just read where he was being charged with murder wasn't sure on what degree.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, w87r said:

@2006Coltsbestever

Save your crap.

Racist trash.

Did you just call me racist trash? Lol you have no clue who I am and very ignorant of the law system. You sir are what's wrong with America. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah I am white as well and have never been in a black man's shoes so I have no idea how some of them feel. All I can say is racism of any kind is awful. You would think in 2020 we wouldn't have these problems. Regarding the officer he should've been charged with 1st degree murder IMO. I just read where he was being charged with murder wasn't sure on what degree.

3rd

It is not just racism

Yeah I am white as well and have never been in a black man's shoes so I have no idea how some of them feel. All I can say is racism of any kind is awful. You would think in 2020 we wouldn't have these problems. Regarding the officer he should've been charged with 1st degree murder IMO. I just read where he was being charged with murder wasn't sure on what degree.

You have to know the law. They can not prove or convict him of murder 1 cause you can't prove intent on murder. You can prove the cop is a worthless *, police brutality. He had to be charged accordingly if you want a conviction. 

1 minute ago, PrincetonTiger said:

3rd

It is not just racism

It's not racism. It's police brutality, period. It doesn't matter what color the person under the knee is. It should not be tolerated and people need to be held accountable 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PrincetonTiger said:

3rd

It is not just racism

I am not sure in Minnesota what the Max is on 3rd degree murder? Do you, I am just curious. It has to be a long time.

To op, leave the Flyod crap out of it. I wouldn't bring Colin in not because he's a black power racist trash. But cause he sucks at football. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I am not sure in Minnesota what the Max is on 3rd degree murder? Do you, I am just curious. It has to be a long time.

Being a cop in prison period will be no picnic. You want to see real racism, go to prison. A cop at that....he's screwed 

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I read today its 25 years.....

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sumo63 said:

I read today its 25 years.....

He would get the max anyways if he's never been convicted of a crime. There's a thing called mitigating and aggravating circumstances. Might be in the middle. 

Just now, NewEra said:

He would get the max anyways if he's never been convicted of a crime. There's a thing called mitigating and aggravating circumstances. Might be in the middle. 

Sorry, wouldn't....

Being a cop in prison period will be no picnic. You want to see real racism, go to prison. A cop at that....he's screwed 

I agree on that, after what he did he will be in trouble in prison.

Someone lock this thread... at the very least move it off of Colts football....

Police brutality = bad

Racism= bad

Riots and looting = bad

Golden rule= good

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

I am not a Mod but I am sure a Mod will lock it. This is still a good discussion IMO. It just doesn't belong in Colts football lmao 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am not a Mod but I am sure a Mod will lock it. This is still a good discussion IMO. It just doesn't belong in Colts football lmao 

There's a reason politics shouldn't be brought into the forum. Save that crap for social media. I come here to get away from the ignorance....

• Like 3

Just now, NewEra said:

There's a reason politics shouldn't be brought into the forum. Save that crap for social media. I come here to get away from the ignorance....

Yeah I personally hate politics talk, all it does is create trouble and upset people. 

• Like 1

Yeah I personally hate politics talk, all it does is create trouble and upset people. 

That is how change is made

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm saddened by what's going on right now. For what it's worth, the Colts just made a statement:

• Like 2

Just now, PrincetonTiger said:

That is how change is made

I am an Independent. This is who I am voting for in 2020 . Homer J. Simpson and the J stands for J.homer simpson beer GIF

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Thank you. I have been offf most of any kind of Internet the last two days. I blocked Stephen holder. I don’t want my sports muddled with politics. I haves enoygh stress in my life. Sports is supposed to be a way to get away from things. Your not going to change anyone’s views on politics. All it does is cause arguments.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Dogg63 said:

I'm saddened by what's going on right now. For what it's worth, the Colts just made a statement:

Nice statement 

• Thanks 1