Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Darkhorse

CR91

1 hour ago, CR91 said:

The million and one poster that said he's not number one WR. There are still people here that think that way. 

Come on.  Those sho said and still say he’s not a number one wide receiver certainly believe he’s a number two WR.

Pascsl is hopefully our number four.  He should be behind Hilton and Pittman and Campbell.    

There’s a big gap between two and four.   One is a starter, the other is a quality backup. 

12 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Come on.  Those sho said and still say he’s not a number one wide receiver certainly believe he’s a number two WR.

Pascsl is hopefully our number four.  He should be behind Hilton and Pittman and Campbell.    

There’s a big gap between two and four.   One is a starter, the other is a quality backup. 

But I'm saying is he can be better then that and we don't know where he is on the depth chart. Everyone is just assuming he'll be fourth. 

49 minutes ago, CR91 said:

But I'm saying is he can be better then that and we don't know where he is on the depth chart. Everyone is just assuming he'll be fourth. 

If Pascal is not 4th,  then the Colts have a problem.   That means Hilton is hurt,  or Campbell is hurt or Pittman is slow to develop.     If all three are healthy and developing as advertised,  Pascal is 4th.

The only way Pascal is ever any higher is if something has gone wrong.

He's not going to be higher based on ability and beating out one of the top three.   He only gets higher if opportunity shows up.    Not based on his ability.     Sorry.

1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

If Pascal is not 4th,  then the Colts have a problem.   That means Hilton is hurt,  or Campbell is hurt or Pittman is slow to develop.     If all three are healthy and developing as advertised,  Pascal is 4th.

He's not going to be higher based on ability and beating out one of the top three.   He only gets higher if opportunity shows up.    Not based on his ability.     Sorry.

Seth Meyers Agree GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

My answer for this question for 2017, 2018, and 2019 has been laraven Clark but I think this year I’m going to have to say this year it’s going to be hooker. He hasn’t really made the impact that a lot of us hoped he would, but in his final year of his contract, hes going to play like a top 5 safety so he can get those high contract offers in free agency.

17 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Or their putting out players to excel a play. For instance, a hard PA that looks like a run. Teams will buy it's a run more if Pascal is on the field then Campbell. All I'm saying is, don't sleep on Pascal just because we took two WRs early. We can take advantage of each of their best traits.

3 hours ago, CR91 said:

Or their putting out players to excel a play. For instance, a hard PA that looks like a run. Teams will buy it's a run more if Pascal is on the field then Campbell. All I'm saying is, don't sleep on Pascal just because we took two WRs early. We can take advantage of each of their best traits.

Look at my first post about Pascal.   I like the guy.   Said so in my first post.   I’m glad we have him.   Said that too.

And yes, using him as a decoy in play action is a very good idea!   He’s known for his excellent blocking on running plays.    

I’m not a Pascal hater.   I really do like the guy.   Glad he’s a Colt.  

16 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

I love Pascal, but hope it turns out he's the 4th, 5th, or 6th best WR on the team. We have a lot of high potential guys. I'm not saying Pascal can't get better, but he's a bit limited by measurables.

I'm confused. He's 6 2 218 pounds. He was easily our biggest WR before we drafted Pittman

17 minutes ago, CR91 said:

I'm confused. He's 6 2 218 pounds. He was easily our biggest WR before we drafted Pittman

I take his comment to be more about speed, athleticism, etc. Not size. Pascal is a keeper in my book, but I do agree that he's the kind of guy you're very happy to have as receiver #4. He can get you a few catches every game if necessary, can play STs, is a great blocker, and is quality depth in case one of your top 3 are injured. 

4 minutes ago, Hoose said:

I take his comment to be more about speed, athleticism, etc. Not size. Pascal is a keeper in my book, but I do agree that he's the kind of guy you're very happy to have as receiver #4. He can get you a few catches every game if necessary, can play STs, is a great blocker, and is quality depth in case one of your top 3 are injured. 

Agreed, he is just saying that if Pascal is your #4/#5/#6 WR, we are in good shape.

I doubt there are to many people around here that do not like Pascal. As I think I posted somewhere in here. He is the definition of great depth. He also has a role run blocking/PA pass target.

And can fill in great if we have injuries.

32 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Not just height and weight...     but speed, quickness, vertical and broad jumps...   things that translate to being explosive.    I think Pascal is somewhat lacking in those areas.   I don’t believe he was drafted.   Doesn’t mean he can’t be good.   But it may mean he’s got a lower ceiling than others.   

6 minutes ago, CR91 said:

We signed Funch, he just got hurt..... He was expected to be our starting go-to X. Pascal became the defacto X when Funch went down.

6-2 is not really a prototypical X. It's tweener size. And at his speed and vert, he really doesn't have the ability to "play bigger" than his height. Sure there are some successful Xs at his height, but typically they have other attributes (speed, arm length, radius, etc) or a combination of attributes. I think it was pretty telling too that they drafted a second guy that fit the same profile (Patmon).

Just to compare them.

MP         ZP

HT        6-4          6-2

WT      220          219

40         4.52        4.55

Vert        36.5      36.0

20YS      4.14      4.29

3Cone    6.96       7.11 

So bigger and faster. And it's truly not all about the measurements, but they do absolutely favor Pittman. His production and film show it to.

And like I said, I really like Pascal, I just don't think he should be our starting outside X. I do like his potential as a big slot though, and bet he gets a decent amount of snaps from there.

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

Not just height and weight...     but speed, quickness, vertical and broad jumps...   things that translate to being explosive.    I think Pascal is somewhat lacking in those areas.   I don’t believe he was drafted.   Doesn’t mean he can’t be good.   But it may mean he’s got a lower ceiling than others.   

Got it.

Archived