Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Will the Chiefs be the next dynasty?

FortheWin

they might

i think the ravens will push hard to win now in case lamar does not have a long career.  he basically set the league on fire last year, it will be hard to keep up that pace for long.  i think they are good enough to challenge the chiefs. they were probably the best rushing team ever  and lead the league in passing TDs while also having a very good defense 

I am not sure about dynasty. To me to be a dynasty a team has to win 3 SB's or more with roughly the same core of players in a short span like the Steelers did in the 70's = 74/75/78/79, 49ers did in the 80's = 81/84/88/89, Cowboys did in the 90's = 92/93/95, and what the Patriots have accomplished over the last 19 seasons winning 6 in total with Brady and BB. I can see Mahomes entering that special 2 SB win club though because he is so young but it is not a given. I thought Rodgers would have 2 by now after winning in 2010 and he still doesn't. Peyton got his 2nd at the end of his career like Elway did. Football is strange, all it takes is 1 or 2 key injuries to your team and it messes up everything.

The Colts from 2003-2009 had a better run than what the Seahawks have had. The Colts won 1 SB and went to 2 SB's like the Seahawks have from 2013-2019 but won more games overall during their 7 season run. Colts were 89-23 in that 7 season span.

I don't see anyone on paper being better than KC this upcoming year.

There's a chance that they win multiple SB's in the near future. I'd go so far to say if they don't win at least one more, that'll be considered an upset of sorts.

3 minutes ago, The Fish said:

I don't see anyone on paper being better than KC this upcoming year.

There's a chance that they win multiple SB's in the near future. I'd go so far to say if they don't win at least one more, that'll be considered an upset of sorts.

I agree but easier said than done. I thought with Peyton we would win at least 2 if not 3. The Patriots are the only recent team to win more than 2 SB's as a team. Brees and Rodgers have only won 1 and that was 10 years ago.

2 hours ago, FortheWin said:

How do people feel about the Chiefs?  Will they go on a run similar to what the Seahawks did from 2013-2017?

Maybe.  If they don't run into the same thing other offensive powerhouses have run into.

Real football teams.

Rams, Colts, Chiefs, and others ran into the Pats.  The Pats ran into the Titans last year.  Teams that can run the ball and play good defense always cause problems in the playoffs.

Hopefully the Colts can be that team moving forward.  Heck, we went into Arrowhead and handled the Chiefs last year, without Rivers, Buckner, Hooker, and Leonard.  :thmup:

20 hours ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

Maybe.  If they don't run into the same thing other offensive powerhouses have run into.

Real football teams.

Rams, Colts, Chiefs, and others ran into the Pats.  The Pats ran into the Titans last year.  Teams that can run the ball and play good defense always cause problems in the playoffs.

Hopefully the Colts can be that team moving forward.  Heck, we went into Arrowhead and handled the Chiefs last year, without Rivers, Buckner, Hooker, and Leonard.  :thmup:

I agree. The niners were that team last year but fell apart in the last 6 minutes. They completely dominated the Chiefs with their lines and run game.  Still, Mahomes is special.  We will see if they can duplicate what the Seahawks did from 2013-2017. That is pretty much the measuring stick as what the Patriots did for the last two decades is not realistic for any team.

With Mahomes anything is possible. He’s that good. He’s the difference between the Chiefs and the rest of the pack. That said, watch out for the Ravens. They have a heckuva QB too, and the better D. 

For this season, they would be favorites. However, it is hard to go back-to-back in the salary cap era. Ravens have actually improved on their D unit and are the biggest threat to the Chiefs.

I don't think the Chiefs will be highly competitive once they pay Mahomes before the 2021 season. That is why 2020 season might be their best chance to cash in with pretty much their entire team's key components coming back.

On 6/5/2020 at 11:09 AM, chad72 said:

For this season, they would be favorites. However, it is hard to go back-to-back in the salary cap era. Ravens have actually improved on their D unit and are the biggest threat to the Chiefs.

I don't think the Chiefs will be highly competitive once they pay Mahomes before the 2021 season. That is why 2020 season might be their best chance to cash in with pretty much their entire team's key components coming back.

They are paying Mahomes this year. They are working on his contract right now.

https://chiefswire.usatoday.com/2020/05/28/kansas-city-chiefs-qb-patrick-mahomes-contract-extension-negotiations-underway-details-unknown/

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/27/2020 at 11:59 AM, FortheWin said:

How do people feel about the Chiefs?  Will they go on a run similar to what the Seahawks did from 2013-2017?

13 minutes ago, FortheWin said:

Dynasty is officially over with this massive deal.

I agree you cant have one player eating up all your cap space and be able to keep a good enough team that can compete year after year this deal almost certainly destroys any possibility of a long term chiefs dynasty.

since its a topic here i'll guess one more super bowl with PM, but not predicting 2-3 more dynasty 

they are going to lose some good players after this contract and have to draft really well to keep it up.  hes also not the most durable qb and he does take some risks 

My over/under on Mahomes SB wins as a starter is 2.5. He still is young so it is possible he could win 3? Only 12 OB's have won 2 or more as a starter, winning 3 is really tough. Only Brady who has won 6, Bradshaw 4, Montana 4, and Aikman 3 have done so. Peyton didn't get #2 until his final season. Rodgers and Brees still only have 1 and look how great they have been. There are rarity's like Eli and Ben winning 2 but they had great defenses in doing so, Chiefs defense is ok but nowhere near great.

I honestly don’t look at it that deeply..the Pats ran the AFC side of the playoffs with Brady he’s no longer there..so that issue of damn near every team being eliminated by them at some point is no longer here playoffs are up for grabs 

Archived