Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Good article on Colts former players on the Jets

holeymoley99

This pipeline runs oneway. Colts to Jets. The Jets have signed five previous Colt players who were free agents at the time (Pierre Desir, Josh Andrews, Matthias Farley, Jonotthan Harrison, and Benjamin Ijalan). The Jets claimed two Colts players off waivers (Ross Travis, Tarell Basham). The Colts traded four players to the Jets. Three for draft picks (Quincy Wilson, Nate Hairston, and Henry Anderson), while only one was for another player (Thomas Hennessy). And finally, the Colts traded a single draft pick for four Jet's draft picks.

By the way that one draft pick, which the Jets used on Sam Darnold, resulted in the Colts drafting  Quenton Nelson, Braden Smith, Kemoko Turay, Jordan Wilkins, and Rock Ya-Sin, I believe.

11 minutes ago, fahlman said:

This pipeline runs oneway. Colts to Jets. The Jets have signed five previous Colt players who were free agents at the time (Pierre Desir, Josh Andrews, Matthias Farley, Jonotthan Harrison, and Benjamin Ijalan). The Jets claimed two Colts players off waivers (Ross Travis, Tarell Basham). The Colts traded four players to the Jets. Three for draft picks (Quincy Wilson, Nate Hairston, and Henry Anderson), while only one was for another player (Thomas Hennessy). And finally, the Colts traded a single draft pick for four Jet's draft picks.

By the way that one draft pick, which the Jets used on Sam Darnold, resulted in the Colts drafting  Quenton Nelson, Braden Smith, Kemoko Turay, Jordan Wilkins, and Rock Ya-Sin, I believe.

Trading back 4 spots or whatever it was yielded a great return for the Colts. Especially given Nelson was their guy all along. That move went a long way re-stocking the roster.

14 hours ago, w87r said:

Who's next to be considered a "flight risk"?

Take off to the Jets.

I'll go with:

Milligan or Muhammad

Malik Hooker or Marlon Mack. I could see the entire 2017 draft class becoming Jets.

3 hours ago, Horsey said:

Malik Hooker or Marlon Mack. I could see the entire 2017 draft class becoming Jets.

Those are definitely a couple possibilities, but most likely would be in 2021.

I'm sure they will take someone that doesn't make the roster this year.

Welcome to the forum. 

It seems to be a trend for us send players to the Jets due to scheme fits. Almost like we have a contingency plan for project players: build and develop them, and then if things don’t work out send ‘em to the Jets. 

Good way to churn the barrel so to speak on the late round draft picks. 

Archived