Indianapolis Colts
Sign in to follow this  
danlhart87

AFC East Discussion Thread

Post your thoughts and predictions below 

Patriots lost quite a lot and are obviously in a transition phase but Belichick has proven before he can win without Tom Brady.

Bills had quite the year and i think they give the Patriots a good fight this year.

Expect the same from the Dolphins this year... A few good wins but mostly an average year.

Jets are odd for me cause I think Darnold has great potential but Gase is a horrible coach and will lose them several games they should win. 

1. Patriots

2. Bills

3. Dolphins 

4. Jets 

Bills win comfortably as other 3 dont even reach .500. Phins brought in a lot of young talent will see results next season, Jets are still the Jets and Pats appear to be tanking for Trevor Lawrence maybe they eek out 4 wins they do play the Jets twice afterall.

I agree. Bills win the division easily. Miami finishes second - they added a lot of talent and have a solid HC. Pats finish third with 6/7 wins just because their defense is still good in the secondary.

17 minutes ago, holeymoley99 said:

Bills win comfortably as other 3 dont even reach .500. Phins brought in a lot of young talent will see results next season, Jets are still the Jets and Pats appear to be tanking for Trevor Lawrence maybe they eek out 4 wins they do play the Jets twice afterall.

Why does everyone think Pats are tanking? I don't get it. 

3 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

Why does everyone think Pats are tanking? I don't get it. 

Because their offensive roster is putrid. Right now Hoyer is most likely the week one starter and they have a rookie kicker too. Belichick I don't think will let them lose on purpose out of the gate but if they start out 2-5, I can see him pulling the plug to get Lawrence. They would be foolish not to.

Tanking is for losers with loser mentality. 

Belichick will not tank. 

• Like 1

I bet Pats win at least 9 games.  I'll put the over under at 9.

I have them at 10 6

The most enjoyable part of the 2020 season, if it happens, will be watching the Patriots be at best a middler team trying to stay competitive. 

27 minutes ago, FortheWin said:

The most enjoyable part of the 2020 season, if it happens, will be watching the Patriots be at best a middler team trying to stay competitive. 

It's gonna be funny when they make the playoffs next year too.

There's 2 sides of this story 

Those who think the Pats won because of Brady

Those who think the Pats won because of Belichick 

They have won without Brady

Brady hasn't proved he can win without Belichick 

Stidham will be fine 

Patriots won't tank, they have Belichick but they have QB issues now finally.

1. Bills 10-6

2. Pats 8-8

3. Jets 5-11

4. Dolphins 5-11

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

It's gonna be funny when they make the playoffs next year too.

There's 2 sides of this story 

Those who think the Pats won because of Brady

Those who think the Pats won because of Belichick 

They have won without Brady

Brady hasn't proved he can win without Belichick 

Stidham will be fine 

I don't think it is that simple. This isn't just about the QB although that is a big part. Most saw last year how bad the Pats were offensively. They did nothing to at the skill positions except draft a couple of later round TEs. Their receivers had the worst separation in the league and a ton of drops. Hoyer and/or Stidman will struggle to score or even move the ball. Brady did not have many turnovers which is what helped them win big against terrible teams and be competitive against the better teams.  He also was able to manage them out of bad play calls and strong looks from the defense. Stidham as a second year player won't have that savvy.

Their schedule this year is the toughest schedule compared to having one of the easiest last year. 

What exactly has Belichick won without Brady? Going back to Cassell more than a decade ago is ancient history given that team was loaded and still did not win the division or make the playoffs. I don't think that means he won't win but he was a below .500 coach for 7 seasons in Cleveland as well. But simply, the team he has is not good minus Brady. I think it will be a long, glorious season of mediocrity for the once mighty Pats. I will enjoy every moment of it.

2 minutes ago, FortheWin said:

I don't think it is that simple. This isn't just about the QB although that is a big part. Most saw last year how bad the Pats were offensively. They did nothing to at the skill positions except draft a couple of later round TEs. Their receivers had the worst separation in the league and a ton of drops. Hoyer and/or Stidman will struggle to score or even move the ball. Brady did not have many turnovers which is what helped them win big against terrible teams and be competitive against the better teams.  He also was able to manage them out of bad play calls and strong looks from the defense. Stidham as a second year player won't have that savvy.

Their schedule this year is the toughest schedule compared to having one of the easiest last year. 

What exactly has Belichick won without Brady? Going back to Cassell more than a decade ago is ancient history given that team was loaded and still did not win the division or make the playoffs. I don't think that means he won't win but he was a below .500 coach for 7 seasons in Cleveland as well. But simply, the team he has is not good minus Brady. I think it will be a long, glorious season of mediocrity for the once mighty Pats. I will enjoy every moment of it.

They have a great coach, very good defense so I put them at 8-8. I don't like their QB situation at all though and that position is the most important on the field. I am surprised they haven't went after Cam Newton. A healthy Cam would get them 10 wins IMO.

10 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

They have a great coach, very good defense so I put them at 8-8. I don't like their QB situation at all though and that position is the most important on the field. I am surprised they haven't went after Cam Newton. A healthy Cam would get them 10 wins IMO.

I would take Stidham over Cam at this point. Cam's best days are behind him.

Just now, danlhart87 said:

I would take Stidham over Cam at this point. Cam's best days are behind him.

I know very little about Stidham and he isn't proven. Maybe he will pull a Matt Cassel haha 

If Stidham limits his mistakes expect the Pats to eek out some surprise wins.

Their D is good enough to win them some games.  That secondary is very good.

7 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

If Stidham limits his mistakes expect the Pats to eek out some surprise wins.

Their D is good enough to win them some games.  That secondary is very good.

I definitely don't see them worse than 8-8. They will be in the hunt for a playoff spot until the end.

• Like 1

Most reports coming out have Hoyer starting over Stidham who isnt ready, as we saw last year Hoyer is done,shot,Curtis Painter level.....who is their go to wr ? Sanu ? M Lee ? N Henry ?  Go to rb ? Michel laid an egg last season with 3.7 yards per carry and now D's will load up even more vs their run game .  The talent simply is not there, they tank for a season and try and reload with Lawrence and bring in a few Free Agents. Brady isnt there to save this outmatched squad. Go to Vegas and bet the under on wins which is 9.5, they wont reach 10 wins, not even close, easy money trust me. I know a few of you here followed my XFL bets and cashed in with me on over under on the games coming in under consistently..cash in on this one as well.

Hoping pats do really well to show that Tom isn’t all that great as everyone makes him out to be and that Peyton is better! :goodluck:

• Like 1

7 hours ago, tweezy32 said:

Hoping pats do really well to show that Tom isn’t all that great as everyone makes him out to be and that Peyton is better! :goodluck:

So you want them to keep winning Super Bowls?

Bills win the division - they are very good. 

I personally can't wait to see the pats trot Hoyer out there. 

On 5/26/2020 at 10:31 AM, lollygagger8 said:

Bills win the division - they are very good. 

I personally can't wait to see the pats trot Hoyer out there. 

They are very good on paper. That doesn't always add to success.

On 5/25/2020 at 1:06 PM, FortheWin said:

Better than the Colts being irrelevant for the last 9 years.  
The Patriots will definitely struggle ; they have the toughest schedule in the NFL.  But I expect they’ll win 9-10 games.

Stidham is going to be pretty good. 

Hoyer will only start if BB decides he wants to ease Stidham in due to that harsh schedule.

keep in mind that Stidham beat Hoyer for the #2 spot, and all reports coming out of NE are very positive regarding Stidham.

11 minutes ago, NFLUp said:

they have been better than that.  won some play off games and made an afc championship in that time

still have a top 5 record in the league over the last 20 years too. 

15 hours ago, NFLUp said:

The Patriots will definitely struggle ; they have the toughest schedule in the NFL.  But I expect they’ll win 9-10 games.

Stidham is going to be pretty good. 

What are you basing that on?  Most reports have Hoyer as the week one starter. 

1. Bills

2. Patriots

3. Dolphins

4. Jets

On 5/29/2020 at 11:10 AM, FortheWin said:

What are you basing that on?  Most reports have Hoyer as the week one starter. 

Not out of Foxborough they don’t.  
“While the organization brought back Brian Hoyer this offseason, it seems likely Stidham will be the starter come Week 1 in September.”

https://weei.radio.com/blogs/ryan-hannable/jarrett-stidham-ranked-35th-best-quarterback-in-nfl
Local radio hosts among others have been told by inside Patriot sources that it’s Stidham’s job right now

On 5/25/2020 at 1:39 PM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Patriots won't tank, they have Belichick but they have QB issues now finally.

1. Bills 10-6

2. Pats 8-8

3. Jets 5-11

4. Dolphins 5-11

Nothing has changed as of now for me. 

Pure Brady lovers want the Patriots to miss the playoffs and the Bucs to make the playoffs, I can bet. Pure Belichick lovers want the Patriots to make the playoffs and the Bucs to miss the playoffs. Patriots lovers just want to enjoy the ride with house money for this year since the expectations aren't great and any success that comes close to the playoffs is fantastic. 

I fall under none of those categories, so if all of them crash and burn, I'd sleep just fine. :) 

On 5/28/2020 at 4:25 PM, NFLUp said:

Personally, I dont roam other teams boards looking to send digs to their fans. 

At least I have that going for me. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Four2itus said:

Personally, I dont roam other teams boards looking to send digs to their fans. 

Pretty sure I was responding to someone taking a shot at the Patriots. 

1 hour ago, NFLUp said:

Pretty sure I was responding to someone taking a shot at the Patriots. 

Goodness. It must be a tough job, you know, policing unwarranted Patriot dissing. Good luck with that.

For what it's worth, My comment was snarky, I apologize. 

BTW, good luck to your team....honestly.

• Like 2