Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Manning and Woods win The Match

RollerColt

Anyone else watch The Match? Had it on the TV while working around the house and outside. From the snippets I heard and saw it seemed like a huge success. Manning as always was the talker of the group and hilarious. Pretty darn good golfer too!

Slow news day and weekend, to be expected honestly considering it’s May and the big race was moved to August... 

Is this Colts news? ... it’s got Manning in it but honestly mods can move if needed. 

Watching golf to me is like watching grass grow, so I don’t usually tune in. Listening to Manning and watching Brady struggle at times made the small amount that I watched entertaining though. Glad Manning won!

10 hours ago, coltsfeva said:

My favorite line was Peyton saying; “That was a tough shot with all the crowd noise”. 
   I watched most of it. Good to see Brady flub a few!

Yeah I watched the game mostly and heard that line. PM is pretty funny. Even TB was pretty humanized during the match. It just comes so much more natural to PM than it does for Brady. I’m not a big golf fan but that was worth the watch yesterday. Blew away watching nascar later on. The circle cars are just puke! 

1 minute ago, RollerColt said:

Sorry, that’s my bad.

You're all good. No harm done. I was just hoping for some interaction when I started the thread.

I really enjoyed The Match yesterday. It was a nice escape from current day to day life.(wife and I are both covid19 positive)

There was a lot of good back and forth throughout the day. Wish there was a little more conversation on the forum. It was a slow day yesterday.

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I didn't realize W87r made a thread either. I was going to make one but seen this one lmao 

Guess I shouldn't of put it in the Misc discussion. Might of got a few more looks.

2 hours ago, w87r said:

If there was another duplicate thread, someone else would say the same thing.

See it everyday.

Disregard that other comment. 

Anyway, I did see your thread but only after the match. I'm sorry I missed the match. I have been looking for anything sports-related. Hopefully we get something soon. 

13 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah those tend to get lost sometimes. Roller put it in Colts football.

It probably belonged in the same section where the baseball thread and the basketball thread are. But probably no one would have seen it. 

2 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Disregard that other comment.

Yeah, said poster and I are on 2 different pages.

3 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Anyway, I did see your thread but only after the match. I'm sorry I missed the match. I have been looking for anything sports-related. Hopefully we get something soon.

It was definitely entertaining.

Best moment was Barkley going at Tom Brady. Said he wants to play him and ask Tom how many strokes he wants.

Tom goes on to hole out from about 160yds next swing, and starts clowning on Barkley. Posted that in other thread. If someone can post that video here that would be cool. I just posted page link.

7 minutes ago, w87r said:

Yeah, said poster and I are on 2 different pages.

It was definitely entertaining.

Best moment was Barkley going at Tom Brady. Said he wants to play him and ask Tom how many strokes he wants.

Tom goes on to hole out from about 160yds next swing, and starts clowning on Barkley. Posted that in other thread. If someone can post that video here that would be cool. I just posted page link.

I guess Barkley learned talking trash to Tom isn't good :funny:. Tom nailed that shot.

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I guess Barkley learned talking trash to Tom isn't good :funny:. Tom nailed that shot.

Barkley was kissing his butt after that, the rest of the match.

That shot also cost Brooks Koepka(Sp) $100k.

After Brady was playing horrible Brooks tweeted if Brady gets a par or better on front 9 he would donate $100k.

2 hours ago, w87r said:

You're all good. No harm done. I was just hoping for some interaction when I started the thread.

I really enjoyed The Match yesterday. It was a nice escape from current day to day life.(wife and I are both covid19 positive)

There was a lot of good back and forth throughout the day. Wish there was a little more conversation on the forum. It was a slow day yesterday.

Feel better and keep fighting the good fight. Yeah we’re in the slow parts of the forum now, lots of people doing work outside.

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I bet Tom wouldn’t talk smack to Barkley’s face, Barkley would break him in half, lol!:lol:

2 hours ago, w87r said:

After Brady was playing horrible Brooks tweeted if Brady gets a par or better on front 9 he would donate $100k.

It seemed like Tom was a little.....deflated....to start the match......or was he maybe overinflated that’s why he split his pants and started playing better???ZigzagExhaustedHalibut-size_restricted.g

Another back and forth between Barkley and Brady.

Tom said , "Chuck I'd like to see your fata$$ dunk right now."

Charles said, "Tom, you can't call me fat on national TV, that is bullying."

Kinda crazy. Tom , and Peyton had the 2 best shots of the day.

Tom's 160yd hole out.

Peyton had a par 3 where he was 17 1/2" from the hole.

Another cool thing I heard was Brady. He kept calling Peyton "Pey Dirt"

16 hours ago, braveheartcolt said:

Cheers! No point in watching it now. 

Idk?

The live aspect is gone now, but there was truly some great moments and the back and forth would be worth hearing again.

2 hours ago, w87r said:

Another back and forth between Barkley and Brady.

Tom said , "Chuck I'd like to see your fata$$ dunk right now."

Charles said, "Tom, you can't call me fat on national TV, that is bullying."

I thought Justin Thomas said that to Barkley

29 minutes ago, LockeDown said:

Skip Bayless ( Tom Brady lover) even said TB wasn’t a very good golfer and that Peyton Outplayed him and won the match with a clutch swing in the last hole. Wow! You don’t ever hear him admit that kind of stuff.

Peyton definitely played better than Brady.

Brady started off about as bad as could be, he played some better golf after the 6th hole though.

Manning did have clutch iron shot on 18 though. Got a GIR and let Tiger just hit a nice lag putt to get it close, and end it.

6 hours ago, w87r said:

I hope you and your wife recover quickly, prayers for both of you.

1 minute ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I hope you and your wife recover quickly, prayers for both of you.

Thanks, I felt a lot better the last couple days. Wife felt a little better today, as well.

Hoping it clears soon. Just want to squeeze my kids. 

4 hours ago, HOZER said:

I bet Tom wouldn’t talk smack to Barkley’s face, Barkley would break him in half, lol!:lol:

It seemed like Tom was a little.....deflated....to start the match......or was he maybe overinflated that’s why he split his pants and started playing better???ZigzagExhaustedHalibut-size_restricted.g

Peyton 4-1 now when it counts :funny:, 3-1 in AFC Title Games, 1-0 in Golf tournaments haha 

32 minutes ago, w87r said:

Lol, looking over at Tom's twitter page. He was still taking shot at Barkley.

"I thought this was CHAMPIONS for Charity, Chuck"

We all know Chuck didn't win a title.

Tom respects Peyton at least because he has 2. Barkley was kind of a choke in big moments. I like Barkley, he was great player but choked a lot haha . An elite player should at least win 2 Championships IMO, I know Dan Marino won 0 but that is rare for an elite player.

4 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Tom respects Peyton at least because he has 2. Barkley was kind of a choke in big moments. I like Barkley, he was great player but choked a lot haha . An elite player should at least win 2 Championships IMO, I know Dan Marino won 0 but that is rare for an elite player.

I am not calling Barkley a choker because when he went to  Philly they were not the same team that had won the finale in 1983. When he played for Phoenix they were a 50% team.

His last 4 years with Houston he only stated 152 games in four years due to injury.

He averaged 22.1 pts and 11.7 rebounds in his career.

In the playoffs he averaged 23 pts and 12.9 rebounds. 

He was the rebound leader in 1987 at 6'5". 

He was the MVP in 1993.

He also was the team leader for both Gold Medals in the Olympics in 1992 and 1996. 

Sorry IMO those are not choker numbers. 

If I'm not mistaken, TB split the seams on two pants. When asked why he put his rain pants back on he said he split out the seams.of his shorts. Later in the match he split the seams of his rain pants bending over to get his ball out of the cup.

I think he was wearing UnderArmor gear...lol

I didn't watch it live because watching golf = nap-time for me.  :sleepy:

But I loved watching this compilation of the trash-talk.

That iron-shot by Brady was a thing of beauty.

tenor.gif?itemid=15510520

But Manning wins the trash-talking with the possible caddy choices:  Gronk, Eli, Foles, Belichick... Tom kept turning around like "you mfer"...  :lol:

On 5/25/2020 at 2:12 PM, w87r said:

Guess I shouldn't of put it in the Misc discussion. Might of got a few more looks.

Yeah, I learned that early on.  Just put it in the Colts Football section.  It will definitely get more looks, and if it gets moved, it gets moved.  :thmup:

Archived