Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Leonard Ray Lewis Comparison

CR91

The difference: one guy (Leonard) has high character. The other guy totally doesn’t. Both supremely talented. Ray Lewis is a heartbeat away from being a convicted and jailed felon.... and arguably should have been. Leonard is a leader of men. Big big difference. End of discussion. 

Just now, Hoose said:

The difference: one guy (Leonard) has high character. The other guy totally doesn’t. Both supremely talented. Ray Lewis is a heartbeat away from being a convicted and jailed felon.... and arguably should have been. Leonard is a leader of men. Big big difference. End of discussion. 

The dumbest comment I've ever read

Ray Lewis is the greatest LB to ever play the game.  You could build a team around him and win championships.  The Ravens did...twice. Darius Leonard has a long ways to go to be on his level.  Not a knock on him but we are talking about Ray Freaking Lewis.  Man that guy was incredible. 

2 hours ago, Hoose said:

The difference: one guy (Leonard) has high character. The other guy totally doesn’t. Both supremely talented. Ray Lewis is a heartbeat away from being a convicted and jailed felon.... and arguably should have been. Leonard is a leader of men. Big big difference. End of 

I would take Lewis and it isn't close. Felon or not, he was instrumental in 2 super bowls. 2 time defensive MVP.  He is one of the greatest defensive players ever. Him and Urlacher are probably the best 2 mlbers ever.

4 hours ago, Repeat Offender said:

The dumbest comment I've ever read

The statement wasn't about talent. It was about character. Ray Lewis’ participation in a gang style murder is what I’m talking about. He squeezed out of the consequences for that act because of a “NFL Star dazzled” jury. Yes, Ray Lewis was an amazing talent on the field. And yes, he was a very bad guy off the field. Totally different issues. 

Lewis was a deserved HOF player

Best LB ever?

Dick Butkus 

Sam Huff

Brian Urlacher 

Mike Singletary

Junior Seau

Lawrence Taylor

All dominated game to the equal of  Lewis

but,.... Lewis was one of the best.....  

The best IMHO....

Lawerence Taylor

4 minutes ago, MikeCurtis said:

Lewis was a deserved HOF player

Best LB ever?

Dick Butkus 

Sam Huff

Brian Urlacher 

Mike Singletary

Junior Seau

Lawrence Taylor

All dominated game to the equal of  Lewis

but,.... Lewis was one of the best.....  

The best IMHO....

Lawerence Taylor

LT was an OLB not a MLB, you probably know that but I think the poster was just talking about MLB's which Lewis was. I agree LT was the best defensive player ever IMO even over a player like Reggie White who was a DE. As far as MLB's, Butkus should rank way up there but Lewis has a strong argument to being the best at that position. Lewis was better than Urlacher IMO.

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

LT was an OLB not a MLB, you probably know that but I think the poster was just talking about MLB's which Lewis was. I agree LT was the best defensive player ever IMO even over a player like Reggie White who was a DE. As far as MLB's, Butkus should rank way up there but Lewis has a strong argument to being the best at that position. Lewis was better than Urlacher IMO.

He said LBs... not MLBs

Lewis was great....  definitely top 2-3 at MLB

14 hours ago, Hoose said:

No evidence or not enough.

20 minutes ago, jameszeigler834 said:

No evidence or not enough.

Yeah, I've found quite a few posters on here like to hand down their own verdicts. Sometimes, even when there is no charges against a person(Favre + plenty others).

Ray Lewis is one of the best football players ever, not just MLB.

Leonard has a long way to go before he can even begin to enter the conversation with Ray Lewis.

He's off to a damn good start though.

20 minutes ago, w87r said:

Yeah, I've found quite a few posters on here like to hand down their own verdicts. Sometimes, even when there is no charges against a person(Favre + plenty others).

Ray Lewis is one of the best football players ever, not just MLB.

Leonard has a long way to go before he can even begin to enter the conversation with Ray Lewis.

He's off to a damn good start though.

I will hand down a verdict till Lewis can tell everyone what he did with the cloths he was wearing the night of the murders. 

Taking a plea bargain to turn on your friends does not mean innocent. 

16 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

I will hand down a verdict till Lewis can tell everyone what he did with the cloths he was wearing the night of the murders. 

Taking a plea bargain to turn on your friends does not mean innocent. 

Good luck with that

2 minutes ago, w87r said:

Good luck with that

Luck has nothing to do with it.

It's my personal opinion. 

There is way too many unanswered things to come to the conclusion he was innocent. 

It sure didn't take him long to find God either. That is one of the first things that happens when a criminal needs support when arrested. 

4 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

There is way too many unanswered things to come to the conclusion he was innocent. 

It sure didn't take him long to find God either. That is one of the first things that happens when a criminal needs support when arrested. 

IMO and of course it is just opinion, I don't think he killed anyone but he was there while it was going on and he lied/covered for his friends. May of got blood on his clothes, who knows? Still really bad though. Football wise I think he is the best MLB of all-time, LT was the best OLB, Reggie White was the best DE, etc.. Character wise, Leonard seems like a lot better person than Ray was but comparing him to Ray football wise is a little off. Leonard is great at times but it is too early to do that.

1 minute ago, crazycolt1 said:

1. I never said Lewis wasn't guilty of anything.

2. I said posters like to hand down their own verdicts on people(like they matter), charged or not.

3. If it makes you feel better, to think Ray Lewis is what you want him to be. Then Good Luck with that. Has no relevence to your life/my life. I'm sure you've never done anything wrong, but tbh, I really don't care. Feel free to go around and slander people when again, it serves no purpose. Not changing ish.

Posters have taken a "Football" comparison and turned it to Ray Lewis is a murderer. 

If that is what makes you happy, then I think you will need some luck.

14 minutes ago, w87r said:

1. I never said Lewis wasn't guilty of anything.

2. I said posters like to hand down their own verdicts on people(like they matter), charged or not.

3. If it makes you feel better, to think Ray Lewis is what you want him to be. Then Good Luck with that. Has no relevence to your life/my life. I'm sure you've never done anything wrong, but tbh, I really don't care. Feel free to go around and slander people when again, it serves no purpose. Not changing ish.

Posters have taken a "Football" comparison and turned it to Ray Lewis is a murderer. 

If that is what makes you happy, then I think you will need some luck.

You sure put a lot of horse dung out as far as what I think. 

What I have done or didn't do has no bearing on it. I sure have never been involved in a murder, unlike Lewis. 

I have a right to my opinion just as you do. 

2 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

I have a right to my opinion just as you do. 

I agree

I'm just saying if that is what makes you feel good. Good luck.

This is a topic about football players on field production, not off field alledged transgressions. 

Hell Darius Leonard has 2 brothers in prison for murder. Not that, that matters, but there might be some Ravens fans on their forum that might feel good to jump in on his character, because it makes em feel good.

16 minutes ago, w87r said:

What do you anticipate coming from continuing to post about possible off field transgressions?

It's only self fulfilling to you at this point. Pretty sad really.

14 minutes ago, w87r said:

Not worth it

This is a public forum. Whenever anyone is brought up it is open for all points of views and opinions. 

You think a thread opened up for OJ Simpson wouldn't have the same negative opinions? 

Yes Lewis was a fantastic player but when you have baggage you carry it with you no matter where you go. 

5 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

You know what was answered? The fact there wasn’t a murder.  The two friends of Lewis were acquitted and the deaths were ruled self defense.  This was decided by a jury of their peers in a few hours. There is nothing else there for him to be guilty of. He was charged with obstruction for lying to the police to protect his career. Those are facts.  

The big question tho is...why even go there?!?!   

8 minutes ago, AwesomeAustin said:

You know what was answered? The fact there wasn’t a murder.  The two friends of Lewis were acquitted and the deaths were ruled self defense.  This was decided by a jury of their peers in a few hours. There is nothing else there for him to be guilty of. He was charged with obstruction for lying to the police to protect his career. Those are facts.  

The big question tho is...why even go there?!?!   

yeah it was self defense, a lot people will always call it murder though.  

he didnt go out that night looking to kill someone, hes ray lewis and people messed with him when he went out to clubs and stuff.

Lawrence Taylor is the best LB I've ever seen.  For me, that goes back to the very late 70's, like '78 or thereabouts.  So I didn't see Butkus or some of the old-time greats.  But Taylor is the best I've seen play.  Lewis would be #2.  I would not even rank Leonard to this point.  WAY way too early in his career IMHO.  I just hope he continues to have a really good career and I will be happy.

Statistically, Leonard has had 2 of the best years by a MLB ever in NFL history. Even with missed games. But, Ray Lewis was the ultimate leader for a defense and he was feared. I think that’s what separates Leonard and Lewis. I expect Darius Leonard to have his best year this year with the DL upgrades. 

10 hours ago, HectorRoberts said:

Well he did kill a guy... Allegedly.

10 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

You talked crap about RAY but don't mention transgressions of others (ala Chad Kelly, whos currently on your team). Probably don't want to sign Hooker nor Leonard. Why am I not surprised.

Archived