Indianapolis Colts
Stephen

Finally back! I PREDICT 13-3 record and u ?

Glad you are well Stephen. I am keeping my fingers crossed regarding staying healthy, so far I have been but I work around a lot of people, been working a lot since this virus started.

I have us at 10-6/possibly 11-5 if everything really clicks, winning the division narrowly over the Titans, and have us going to the AFC Title Game. I think Rivers will ball out this year especially in the Playoffs because this may be his last chance at a ring. Our O.Line and running game look scary good. On paper with Buckner, our defense looks good too.

Glad you are well @Stephen!! 13 wins will be real tough, not impossible but dang tough. I’d be more realistic thinking a 11-5 record would be more like it. The team has enough question marks at the wr and the TE spots to warrant that I think. On paper, we look as good as the top 5-7 teams in the league but putting it on the field, nobody, including CB and FR have no idea because nobody has seen them work together yet. 

i do like @csmopar and his enthusiastic prediction though lol. 

9 minutes ago, Jdubu said:

Glad you are well @Stephen!! 13 wins will be real tough, not impossible but dang tough. I’d be more realistic thinking a 11-5 record would be more like it. The team has enough question marks at the wr and the TE spots to warrant that I think. On paper, we look as good as the top 5-7 teams in the league but putting it on the field, nobody, including CB and FR have no idea because nobody has seen them work together yet. 

Yeah I am thinking the ceiling 11 wins, 9 wins the floor. So 10 wins is my logical answer. Most of the media has us winning between 9-11 as well.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, csmopar said:

19-0

Hey that's normally  my line lol 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Jdubu said:

Hey I normally  say 19-0

• Like 1

Glad you beat the virus sir.  I tend to be more conservative with predictions.  I could see 13 wins if the team stays healthy and certain things go their way, but it seems teams always win some you don't expect them to and lose some you don't expect them to.  I think they lost two games on simple kicking failures last year alone and they still won 7.  So correcting those gives them 9 wins.  Then with the additions they've made, Buckner in particular, I'll give them another win.  So I've got it at 10 wins right now, but could certainly see more than that in better circumstances.  The first half of the schedule does give them a chance to start off well, and in the NFL a lot rides on momentum, so that would bode well for the tougher 2nd half if they can start strong.

• Like 1

I predict I will really enjoy this season like no other. Colts will regain the AFC South!

• Like 3

Wins are tricky to predict...but I will say 12 wins...with 1-2 of those wins coming in January. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, shastamasta said:

Wins are tricky to predict...but I will say 12 wins...with 1-2 of those wins coming in January. 

Yeah I am calling 10 as of now and a trip to the AFC Title Game. 

• Like 1

8-8, miss out on playoffs by a missed field goal in the final game of the regular season.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Dingus McGirt said:

8-8, miss out on playoffs by a missed field goal in the final game of the regular season.

I doubt AV will be our kicker by the final game.....lol.

• Haha 3

I think 10-6. We'll lose a couple winnable games early & have people worrying. Then later in the season we will gel & win a couple of hard ones. By playoff time we'll be rolling strong & hopefully make a strong push. I'm excited for this season!

36 minutes ago, Shafty138 said:

I doubt AV will be our kicker by the final game.....lol.

He’s not even on the team now...

It’s a good weekend, glad your healthy again Stephen! I’m going positive: 12-4 with a deep playoff run. Maybe something magical happens and we get Philip that elusive ring. 

• Like 1

Wish you the best and stay healthy. If Colts can do the same the sky is the limit

Glad you’re okay bro! I just hope people are careful as things open up. They have to realize it’s not just their health they’re risking but NOT doing so.

As far as the Colts; 10-6 to 12-4 seems reasonable, depending on health.

I predict between 6 and 13 wins it all depends on what Rivers we get . If we get the int machine from last year it will be a long season . 

8 minutes ago, B~Town said:

I predict between 6 and 13 wins it all depends on what Rivers we get . If we get the int machine from last year it will be a long season . 

Wow, way to go out on a limb. I am sure you will be right somewhere in there lmao . Ok I am just being sarcastic but 6-13 is a wide range.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, Stephen said:

After almost four weeks 4 hospital  visits, two hospital  stays, I have finally  beaten  covid 19 now colts lets  kick butt this year!

Welcome back! Good to hear you're you're back at it!

I stopped making exact predictions years ago, but I will say this. This team has the talent across all units to win a minimum of 12 games. So in a way, less than that would be disappointing. In a way.

But as others have mentioned, there are just so many variables every year. But this year, those variables are all compounded. So given that, I don't think there is a way of forecasting anything that could be legitimately defined as "realistic". There's just no way to know. So in that way, I think there's more room than what I claimed in my first paragraph before you could call the season disappointing.

But yes, they most certainly have the talent roster-wide to win at least 12 games.

Hmmmmm....way to many question marks to rank them with double digit wins. I hope  the offence improves, but a lot of our optimism is hoping that Rivers plays like he did in 2018. Our running game should improve if Rivers play is able to keep the opposing D from crowding the line of scrimmage. Hilton should play better if he plays injury free. Many unknowns with our  young receivers.  The tight ends dont wow me. Will Cox improve and can Burton stay off the weekly injury report?. Our D. Well they were 31st or lower  against the pass, I believe. They were historically bad. We are putting a lot of faith in Buckner to b our game wrecker and our young  dbs to take the next step.  They could go 16 and 0 or 0 and 16. Just a lot of question marks with this team.  If u actually look at the Titans and Texans, you kind of know who they are and what they bring with to the table. With Indy, I haven't got a clue.

I’m easy to please. World domination where our opponents are seen crying after each game.

We'll be the beast of the AFC south for a long time with the pieces assembled by Ballard.  Now it's the Coaches that will be on the hot seat.

23 hours ago, Stephen said:

After almost four weeks 4 hospital  visits, two hospital  stays, I have finally  beaten  covid 19 now colts lets  kick butt this year!

Welcome back man! Beating SARS-Cov2 is a thing! Respect, you did go through a tough time! Fortunatelly I'm safe from tha virus, but from what I heard about it, it is indeed tough! Take care nevertheless!

Welcome back @Stephen. Nice to hear you are well and recovered. 

About the record - I thought I was optimistic about this season but it seems like I'm not alone here. I think we go over 10 wins. Right now I feel like in the range of 11-12 is perfectly reasonable, and with a bit of injury luck and some things going our way I can see your prediction becoming true. 

:cheers:

On 5/24/2020 at 7:09 AM, Stephen said:

Glad you're feeling better Stephen

1 hour ago, HungarianColtsFan said:

Welcome back man! Beating SARS-Cov2 is a thing! Respect, you did go through a tough time! Fortunatelly I'm safe from tha virus, but from what I heard about it, it is indeed tough! Take care nevertheless!

Its different for different people  For me, it had me down for a couple of days where I hardly got out of bed, but then by the 3rd day I was starting to feel better and the 4th day I was pretty much back to normal.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Wow, way to go out on a limb. I am sure you will be right somewhere in there lmao . Ok I am just being sarcastic but 6-13 is a wide range.

My fan side says 13 my realistic side after watching Rivers tape has a very different perspective. 

1 hour ago, B~Town said:

My fan side says 13 my realistic side after watching Rivers tape has a very different perspective. 

I was just messing with you but I would say 9-11 wins is my guess. I have 10, I hope we win 13. I would love that.

Glad you are back here health Stephen!

I predict a 9-7 season for the Colts.  We make the playoffs either as a wildcard or division winner.  

i'll say 9-7 too

its a tough year to predict, if everything clicks the ceiling could be much higher than that.  who knows if Rivers will be good or not?   

• Like 1

Stephen, good to have you back, healthy.

With the NFC North and AFC North on our schedule, I can see 11-5 but not 13 wins.

Rivers will have a great year, as he will actually have a pocket (which is a must for his game) and a competent coaching staff.  I even think he will compete for MVP.  In fact, I almost laid a bet down 2 weeks ago on Rivers MVP at 65 to 1.  Just checked today, and it's gone down to 35 to 1.

If the Colts are as complete a team as I'm hearing everyone say, then they should get 12+ wins.  I will trust that general consensus and predict 13-3.

Of course, you are always at the mercy of injuries and luck as well.

On 5/24/2020 at 8:09 AM, Stephen said:

Congrats buddy :applause:

I haven't  really gone over the schedule  but I'll pencil in 11-5 as a early prediction and hoping we get to play a Full schedule. 

So glad you are on Stephen. I am terrified of getting covid. I am 35 but have really bad sleep apnea so it worries me a lot. You hear a lot of people saying how it only really affects elderly people but you look around my age. Man it must have been rough if you had 4 hospital visits!   What was the worst part of having it symptom wise?   Ok back to football.....like many have said this team is a mystery. If we go worse than 8-8 I will be really disappointed. I have us winning 10. So my answer is 10-6. 

Glad you have recovered!  These posts are fun.  I am reverting back to my 1980's-1990's style and predicting 19-0.

I did that for years, then when Harbaugh came in it really got fun.

• Haha 1