Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The Manning Rule

CR91

Thankfully I full well knew I was watching an all time great.

Hopefully we can find our next Luck in the coming years because our chances of finding another Peyton are to small to compute.

Here's a really fun article for Manning Week by Phil Wilson.

Peyton Manning Week: Five Enduring Memories From Covering No. 18

5. A call he got from PM

4. He got chewed out by PM at a Pacer game

3. Covering the Monday Night Miracle in Tampa

2. Covering Super Bowl XLI

1. Covering the 2007 AFC Championship Game - he mentions that when Marlin got the interception to seal the win, "It’s the only time in my life I’ve been in a stadium that shook like that, as if the dome roof was going to be blown off by the noise. I remember asking a colleague next to me, “Do you feel that?”"

Good times!

On 5/23/2020 at 5:10 PM, Dogg63 said:

1. Covering the 2007 AFC Championship Game - he mentions that when Marlin got the interception to seal the win, "It’s the only time in my life I’ve been in a stadium that shook like that, as if the dome roof was going to be blown off by the noise. I remember asking a colleague next to me, “Do you feel that?”"

After we won the SB my family went straight to the dome and skipped the parade, found out later they stopped letting people in. The dome was rocking dude. I couldnt even hear myself screaming! 

"After we won the SB my family went straight to the dome and skipped the parade, found out later they stopped letting people in. The dome was rocking dude. I couldnt even hear myself screaming!"

My brother-in-law is from Chicago and is a huge Bears fan.  I called him right after the Super Bowl win and he answered the phone FU.  Isn't caller ID grand.  My home town is smack dab in the middle between Indianapolis and Chicago and before the game the local radio stations were making it sound like the second coming of the Civil War with segments like "is yours a house divided"  " is it brother against brother" lol

Archived