Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Trade Target player you'd realistically love for Colts


Recommended Posts

Mine is TE Dallas Goedert. He has ties to our coaching staff, and he is about to become a budding star in the league. So this is the time to deal for him, before his price becomes too high. Indy needs a longterm answer at TE, and Goedert would be just that. 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just read where Jamal Adams and the Jets are at an impasse over contract negotiations.  I thought this was over but apparently not.  Adams wants a new deal before the season starts and the Jets want to wait.  Since we are up in the air on Hooker maybe a trade for Adams could solve things.  Safety for safety.  Jets get Hooker and a 3rd and we give an all pro safety a new contract.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Just read where Jamal Adams and the Jets are at an impasse over contract negotiations.  I thought this was over but apparently not.  Adams wants a new deal before the season starts and the Jets want to wait.  Since we are up in the air on Hooker maybe a trade for Adams could solve things.  Safety for safety.  Jets get Hooker and a 3rd and we give an all pro safety a new contract.  


If they hadn’t drafted Blackmon then maybe , but it would cost more than Hooker and a third to get Adams. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, ProblChld32 said:


If they hadn’t drafted Blackmon then maybe , but it would cost more than Hooker and a third to get Adams. 

 

Blackmon and Hooker are both FS. Adams is a SS. He would be replacing Willis.

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, CR91 said:

 

Blackmon and Hooker are both FS. Adams is a SS. He would be replacing Willis.


I still don’t see that trade happening, Willis has played well enough that they didn’t bring back Geathers. I mean Adams would be an immediate upgrade but I just don’t see the Front Office wanting to lock him in to such a expensive contract that he will want. Especially with our own current guys needing to get paid. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, BProland85 said:

Mine is TE Dallas Goedert. He has ties to our coaching staff, and he is about to become a budding star in the league. So this is the time to deal for him, before his price becomes too high. Indy needs a longterm answer at TE, and Goedert would be just that. 

 

 


Why would the team that runs 1-2 sets 54% of the time...trade their budding superstar TE?
 

I mean hypothetically...I love the idea of getting Goedert...but no way he’s available.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ll go with OBJ.

If the Browns start slowly he could probably be had for pennies on the dollar, and he has all the talent to be a top WR in the league. 
 

On D.. give me Von Miller. Again, if Denver loses a bunch of games, maybe they sell. Imagine him and Buck coming to get ya!

Link to post
Share on other sites

From a realistic standpoint...I would stick with TE though. It’s the one position that really lacks long-term stability. So I would love to get Howard or Henry...IMO two potential top 5 TEs that (I believe) have been held back for one reason or another. You could add Njoku as a buy-low TE trade as well.

 

Outside of that...I guess you could look at CB or S. But I can’t really think of any available...that Ballard would be willing to pony up for.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, ProblChld32 said:


I still don’t see that trade happening, Willis has played well enough that they didn’t bring back Geathers. I mean Adams would be an immediate upgrade but I just don’t see the Front Office wanting to lock him in to such a expensive contract that he will want. Especially with our own current guys needing to get paid. 

 

Not sure what the Jets would want in return, but we could afford it with the cap being 120+ next year. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I will be the anti trade voice.   Some of those mentioned need new contracts.  The Colts have their own to sign soon, so I'm not sure it makes sense to give up more draft capital for a good player who we have to give a bunch of money to.   Buckner was an exception because D-line was the most needed position by the team.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, richard pallo said:

Just read where Jamal Adams and the Jets are at an impasse over contract negotiations.  I thought this was over but apparently not.  Adams wants a new deal before the season starts and the Jets want to wait.  Since we are up in the air on Hooker maybe a trade for Adams could solve things.  Safety for safety.  Jets get Hooker and a 3rd and we give an all pro safety a new contract.  

 

 He is a Great player. And can play great at all 3 levels of the D.
 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

O.J.Howard - For an offense that has not typically featured TEs, Arians, no matter what he says after the addition of Gronk, has way too many mouths to feed, IMO.

 

Howard could probably be had for a 4th or 5th rounder now. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, chad72 said:

O.J.Howard - For an offense that has not typically featured TEs, Arians, no matter what he says after the addition of Gronk, has way too many mouths to feed, IMO.

 

Howard could probably be had for a 4th or 5th rounder now. 

This. Here is a player who needs a new start and would upgrade the TE corps immediately. And it needs upgrading. I see it as the one remaining weakness on the offense. 

I'm a big Doyle fan, but we all know he has some limitations. Cox is still an unknown commodity; I like Burton but he's coming off injury and a lackluster year. 

The Colts lack a modern, pass catching TE; Howard would be that guy and I suspect he would come pretty cheap. 

So......Howard for a 4th round pick anyone?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

 

1 hour ago, chad72 said:

O.J.Howard - For an offense that has not typically featured TEs, Arians, no matter what he says after the addition of Gronk, has way too many mouths to feed, IMO.

 

Howard could probably be had for a 4th or 5th rounder now. 

With Gronks injury history and the pressure on the Bucks to do well, I'm not sure they would trade him for a mid round pick. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I would say nobody.  They just made their elite trade for Buckner and payed him all that money, and deservedly so IMHO.  That will be the extent of it for a while.  They could still bring someone in but it won't be an elite caliber player.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, CR91 said:

 

Not sure what the Jets would want in return, but we could afford it with the cap being 120+ next year. 

 

Isn't the salary cap for 2020 about $198 million.  I've read that the cap may go down depending on how Covid-19 affects attendance, concessions, etc.  However, dropping to $120+ million seems a little too steep of a drop.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Cynjin said:

 

Isn't the salary cap for 2020 about $198 million.  I've read that the cap may go down depending on how Covid-19 affects attendance, concessions, etc.  However, dropping to $120+ million seems a little too steep of a drop.

He is saying Colts will have $120m in cap space. Not that the cap is $120m.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Cynjin said:

 

Isn't the salary cap for 2020 about $198 million.  I've read that the cap may go down depending on how Covid-19 affects attendance, concessions, etc.  However, dropping to $120+ million seems a little too steep of a drop.

 

I'm saying that's the colts cap space in 2021

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, CR91 said:

 

Not sure what the Jets would want in return, but we could afford it with the cap being 120+ next year. 

I figured the Colts would be using lots of that space for their own players.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Myles said:

I figured the Colts would be using lots of that space for their own players.  

 

Well so far only Kelly and Hilton have mentioned contract extensions so I'm not sure the colts will be bringing a lot of their guys back.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • Agree entirely.  Too many unknowns.  This would be the year to take one with such a strong class.  TY was a third and we know how that turned out.  Pretty great.  I think we should definitely draft a WR this year.
    • You are correct    
    • I'm guessing 7pm tonight.
    • I think society has proven the science behind this saying is completely ancient and incorrect, albeit in some situations it might work. Being there are way more words that actually go against that rule than ones that do, you would of probably just been better off to say receiver was misspelled. The deficiency is this statement makes it almost seem counterfeit, to the point even mentioning it doesn't seem to be an efficient way to get your point across. At this point I would probably forfeit your argument, as by the time I am finished here will be at least eight times the words I list that don't follow this rule as well. At some point it will all seem foreign to those that are reading but it will feel like a weight that's as heavy as a glacier will of been lifted of their shoulders.   It's weird that I am continuing this for so long. I will wrap it up soon, as my neighbor needs my help doing something. The importance of that outweighs this as his wife has had multiple pregnancies to the point she is very proficient in these regards. I am going to stop and get a protein drink before heading over as I could use a boost of energy, just wanted to reiterate that your rule of thumb here, has been proven very insufficient when put to the test. Maybe you could pass this knowledge down through future generations, it could become an heirloom of sorts. The power of knowledge has reigned down on you today, hope you secure it in your beige luggage and let the concierge service keep it safe.    Think I am going to seize the moment tonight and have a rare steak as it is much juicier than a well done streak and taste so much better.   I won't unveil anymore words here, just know the list is much larger than I have mentioned.
    • I love the Terry and Forrest picks   But I wouldn't draft Turner at 75 let alone 35..
  • Members

    • GoColts8818

      GoColts8818 4,688

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • danlhart87

      danlhart87 8,578

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • BlueShoe

      BlueShoe 682

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • icf

      icf 55

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • w87r

      w87r 5,351

      Moderators
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • IndyD4U

      IndyD4U 770

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • CR91

      CR91 6,921

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • richard pallo

      richard pallo 2,790

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • RNGDShobby

      RNGDShobby 269

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Dogg63

      Dogg63 2,137

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
×
×
  • Create New...