Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Pittman vs Taylor

CR91

7 minutes ago, CR91 said:

A lot of hype and excitement for our two rookies to try to add some explosiveness to our offense, but who will be the more impactful rookie and player going forward?

I love Pittman, but Taylor will be a top 5-10 RB in this league for years to come behind this O-Line. WR's take longer to develop and we don't know who will be our QB after 2020.

I just hope they both contribute in the offense. Colts have seen too many WRs come in and not match expectations. Taylor is in a perfect situation to thrive but people are talking him up like a Barkley or Elliot. I’m not so sure about that.

If I had to pick one I would want Pittman to have a better year. The Colts NEED another WR to step up and be the man. Williams proved that almost any RB can come in and dominate behind this offensive line.

47 minutes ago, CR91 said:

A lot of hype and excitement for our two rookies to try to add some explosiveness to our offense, but who will be the more impactful rookie and player going forward?

Good topic!  :thmup:

I think it depends on how we're defining "impactful".

I think Pittman will probably make more "splash" plays like impressive catches, TDs, stats, etc.  But I think Taylor will have more of an "impact" getting those hidden yards for 1st downs and wearing down opposing defenses in the 4th quarter to seal wins for us.  :td:

28 minutes ago, bravo4460 said:

Williams proved that almost any RB can come in and dominate behind this offensive line.

no no no, Williams proved any RB could have a good game behind this line.

Mack proved, an above average RB can look elite at times, behind this line.

Now we hope Taylor is an elite back, and behind this line, we can see what a REAL run threat looks like.  I like Mack, but no team is afraid of him.  I'm hoping Taylor is that RB, that the other team has to fully game plan around and stack the box.  We have not had a RB like that since Edge

17 minutes ago, Kyle said:

no no no, Williams proved any RB could have a good game behind this line.

Mack proved, an above average RB can look elite at times, behind this line.

Now we hope Taylor is an elite back, and behind this line, we can see what a REAL run threat looks like.  I like Mack, but no team is afraid of him.  I'm hoping Taylor is that RB, that the other team has to fully game plan around and stack the box.  We have not had a RB like that since Edge

It's silly to say he could be like the Edge. But if he can consistently provide a run/catch threat he could be close

2 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Sorry, voice to txt heh. Meant take down defense 

Don't press send! :D

I hope it will be Pittman. I think if we talk in terms of impact on the team, he has the most potential to make an immediate impact. We have a massive gap at WR behind Hilton, and we're all hoping Pittman/Campbell can step into that role.

Taylor will have a big impact, potentially even bigger statistically than Pittman, but we also have Marlon Mack who's a damn good back so it's tough for me to put him over Pittman.

Taylor tore apart Big 10 defenses with numbers that were better then anyone ever achieved in 3 years of college ball in any conference. No offense to Barkley but totally different numbers, behind this line I expect multiple rushing titles after this season as Mack moves on and Wilkins is the second half of the 1-2 punch.   

5 hours ago, LockeDown said:

I think Pittman the beginning of the year and Taylor at the end near playoff time.

Idk. It’s a common known fact in fantasy football that rookie WRs are basically worthless for about the first half of the season. Rookie RBs tending to come out the gate running (pun intended). I know Mack is there but it sounds like they will both be given an equal load to start with and I think Taylor will be a serious contributor early on

6 hours ago, shakedownstreet said:

It's silly to say he could be like the Edge. But if he can consistently provide a run/catch threat he could be close

could is your key word there though.  He "could" be.... lol

Edge was probably my favorite Colt ever.  was so fun to watch him play.  just being hopeful that we "could" have us another feature back on the Colts!!

8 hours ago, CR91 said:

As a rookie I'm going to say Pittman. I think he will have a bigger impact on what was a lackluster passing game, compared to Taylor, who is an impressive playmaker, on a team that already had a solid backfield.

Pittman should easily provide the biggest early impact. He's a day one starter, and will be a mismatch favorite of Rivers. Without an Ebron type TE, I expect Pittman to be used early and often. 

Taylor IMO will start the year off with 30ish% snap share (rushing attempts). Assuming no injuries, I wouldn't expect Taylor to get more than 50% by end of year. Who knows what Ballard's intent is regarding Mack, but if they don't plan to bring Mack back, they'll likely get as much use as they can, and let Taylor come along slowly to save some tread.

And high level, RBs are pretty fungible if a team has a great OL. I'll spend the $$ on the OL every day, and spend less on a RB.... We could take a RB in the draft (2-4th round) every 3-4 years, never pay top dollar, and still be top 10 rushing with our OL...

6 hours ago, TheMose said:

Idk. It’s a common known fact in fantasy football that rookie WRs are basically worthless for about the first half of the season. Rookie RBs tending to come out the gate running (pun intended). I know Mack is there but it sounds like they will both be given an equal load to start with and I think Taylor will be a serious contributor early on

You might be right but I was thinking in the playoffs, in the cold,  we are going to run the ball a lot line Tenn. did . 

3 hours ago, LockeDown said:

You might be right but I was thinking in the playoffs, in the cold,  we are going to run the ball a lot line Tenn. did . 

Not only in the cold but when we have a lead in the 4th quarter too. 

I am pretty excited about being able to control the ball and the time of possession when needed. 

Archived