Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Brissett top back up in the NFL.

He should be ranked high if anyone cares about such a ranking

its not clear who is starting in Miami but id take Tua or RF over him.  Personally i think Tua is going to be a good starter, and Ryan is a play maker 

• Like 2

I think the Cowboys don't skip a beat if Dalton steps in for Dak.

If we don't skip a beat if JB steps in, and he plays like last year, then the Rivers experiment was a failure.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Poilian was fired because he didn't have a good backup for Peyton when he went down.  Ballard is not going to make the same mistake.  No way Eason is the backup until he proves he's ready. Which hopefully is only a year away.  

• Like 2
48 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

I think the Cowboys don't skip a beat if Dalton steps in for Dak.

If we don't skip a beat if JB steps in, and he plays like last year, then the Rivers experiment was a failure.

I believe the Cowboys would be better.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

This was more of a statement than a thread. I can't believe he is still on the roster at this point. Maybe its part of the rooney rule?

I saw the headline somewhere and had a weak moment. Should have read all the past Brisett threads first.

• Sad 1
4 minutes ago, MCurtis32 said:

This was more of a statement than a thread. I can't believe he is still on the roster at this point. Maybe its part of the rooney rule?

I saw the headline somewhere and had a weak moment. Should have read all the past Brisett threads first.

All the past Brissett threads? 

You mean the other 50 or so? 

Rooney rule? Where did you come up with that and how is that relevant to Brissett? 

Truthfully I don't understand why you started a thread when Brissett has been talked about to the point of nauseating for everyone. 

20 minutes ago, MCurtis32 said:

Perhaps you shouldn’t have made this post at all?   Part of the Rooney Rule?!?Playing the Race Card?   Yeah, cuz that’s always helpful.

Dear God, what are you thinking?   

There’s a reason why the website has a delete function....   You’re so much better than this...

• Sad 1
1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

Perhaps you shouldn’t have made this post at all?   Part of the Rooney Rule?!?Playing the Race Card?   Yeah, cuz that’s always helpful.

Dear God, what are you thinking?   

There’s a reason why the website has a delete function....   You’re so much better than this...

Well to be honest we all have a brain fart at times . :peek:

• Haha 1

JB is no longer the top back up in the NFL.

With Foles, Winston, Mariotta, Dalton and others, JB may fall out of the top 5.  His character helps him, but his salary hurts him.  

24 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Well to be honest we all have a brain fart at times . :peek:

We do.   You’re 100 percent right.   I’ve posted my share of stinkers.   It happens to all of us — me included.

That’s why I included the last line — Mike is better than this...   much better than this. 

EDIT:  Sorry, this edit with Myles is an unintended mistake.   My bad.

4 minutes ago, Myles said:

• Confused 1
1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

We do.   You’re 100 percent right.   I’ve posted my share of stinkers.   It happens to all of us — me included.

That’s why I included the last line — Mike is better than this...   much better than this. 

I agree. 

• Thanks 1
4 hours ago, Coffeedrinker said:

Wow, top backup.  Seems kind of like taking your cousin to the prom, looks good on paper but in the end it doesn't get you anything.

Alabama has joined the chat

• Haha 3
1 hour ago, MCurtis32 said:

tenor.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
17 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Cam Newton is going to be a backup if he gets signed, no?

Good point.   He would be better than JB too.    I hadn't heard if he's holding out for big $$ or not.  

I don't think that Ballard would trade Brissett for a 7th round pick under any circumstance. 

Brissett is worth a lot more to this team as a back up QB than what any 7th round pick would bring. 

• Thanks 1
34 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Cam Newton is going to be a backup if he gets signed, no?

16 minutes ago, Myles said:

Good point.   He would be better than JB too.    I hadn't heard if he's holding out for big $$ or not.  

Do you guys honestly think that Cam Newton is a Ballard type of guy? 

14 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

I don't think that Ballard would trade Brissett for a 7th round pick under any circumstance. 

Brissett is worth a lot more to this team as a back up QB than what any 7th round pick would bring. 

I dont think he would take a 4th right now. After this season? Different story.....

4 minutes ago, Four2itus said:

I dont think he would take a 4th right now. After this season? Different story.....

After this season he will not be under contact with us so you are correct, who knows what's going to happen.

It will all play itself out.

There are so many factors that will come into play it's hard for anyone to guess.  

3 minutes ago, runthepost said:

He’s a lot better than Ebron

And Ballard sent him packing didn't he.

IMO Newton does not fit into what Ballard has preached about since he has been here. 

Newton has also had surgeries on his shoulder and his foot in that last year and like it or not that comes into play.  His style of play does not compute into a long term type of player. 

50 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Do you guys honestly think that Cam Newton is a Ballard type of guy? 

No, not at all.    My comment was more with the context of JB being the best back up QB in the league.   Not just for the Colts.  

• Like 1

You ever play a golf tournament where you HAVE to plAy everyone’s drive at least once?

Maybe we should petition the league for a rule change.  You HAVE to play your backup QB fir HALF the games.  That should help a bit.

Oh, and bring back the crowd noise and cranking the heat up!