Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Sign in to follow this  
shakedownstreet

Colts have a unique advantage

Recommended Posts

No way will the league allow that. It's already illegal to pump in extra crowd noise to give the home team the advantage. I HIGHLY doubt they allow the home team to drown out the visiting team.. 

  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, ColtJax said:

No way will the league allow that. It's already illegal to pump in extra crowd noise to give the home team the advantage. I HIGHLY doubt they allow the home team to drown out the visiting team.. 

isssaaaaa jokeee

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ColtJax said:

No way will the league allow that. It's already illegal to pump in extra crowd noise to give the home team the advantage. I HIGHLY doubt they allow the home team to drown out the visiting team.. 

The league is already talking about it being a possibility if no fans are allowed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was at that game vs the steelers. Trust me no artificial noise was pumped in. The Rca dome is pressurized. It was a monday night game in an undefeated streak. Crowd was about as pumped as I had ever seen. This is coming from a former season ticket holder of 15 years btw...

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just put a virtual background on the screen and have season ticket holders zoom in similar to the draft. The telecast can refer to them throughout the game cheering or whatnot. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, twfish said:

isssaaaaa jokeee

 

35 minutes ago, HOZER said:

tenor.gif

 

It's easy to forget how many members probably weren't even born then :D

  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, LockeDown said:

Just put a virtual background on the screen and have season ticket holders zoom in similar to the draft. The telecast can refer to them throughout the game cheering or whatnot. 

 

I wouldn't allow video aspect of Zoom, just the audio aspect would suffice, mainly to avoid some improper behavior, IMO. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, chad72 said:

 

I wouldn't allow video aspect of Zoom, just the audio aspect would suffice, mainly to avoid some improper behavior, IMO. 

 

The inevitable old white dude servicing himself

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, chad72 said:

 

I wouldn't allow video aspect of Zoom, just the audio aspect would suffice, mainly to avoid some improper behavior, IMO. 

Simple 5 second delay would suffice.  I think it’s a pretty good idea.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

Simple 5 second delay would suffice.  I think it’s a pretty good idea.

 

They probably will need that either way. They need to bleep out the f-bombs that you normally wouldn't be able to hear from the coaches & players

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

Simple 5 second delay would suffice.  I think it’s a pretty good idea.

 

Yeah, but monitoring 50 videos in one shot within 5 seconds is quite the task. Easier to just focus on audio, IMO, without video. Or allow 10-15 Colts fans (chosen by charity) with megaphones around the stadium and let them go at it, LOL. 

 

Even with audio, you have the horror stories of folks carrying their phones with them to the restroom while on Zoom and you have a Leslie Nielsen, Naked Gun movie type situation :).

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, shakedownstreet said:

If they are forced to play in an empty Lucas Oil Stadium. We have unbelievably loud crowd noise amplifiers that will give us a distinct home field advantage over the rest of the league 

:scorebad:

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, chad72 said:

 

Yeah, but monitoring 50 videos in one shot within 5 seconds is quite the task. Easier to just focus on audio, IMO, without video. Or allow 10-15 Colts fans (chosen by charity) with megaphones around the stadium and let them go at it, LOL. 

 

Even with audio, you have the horror stories of folks carrying their phones with them to the restroom while on Zoom and you have a Leslie Nielsen, Naked Gun movie type situation :).

I said season ticket holders because I know they will be responsible and of course lectured by the network on how to behave. They would actually end up as reality stars if this continued. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, life long said:

I was at that game vs the steelers. Trust me no artificial noise was pumped in. The Rca dome is pressurized. It was a monday night game in an undefeated streak. Crowd was about as pumped as I had ever seen. This is coming from a former season ticket holder of 15 years btw...

Was that the Manning to Harrison TD on the first play of the game, game?

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

The league is already talking about it being a possibility if no fans are allowed.

I think the league is talking about having fake audio for TV broadcasts.  I’ve not read they’re talking about audio being pumped into stadiums...

 

You may be right...  but I’d like to see a link if you have one.., 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, braveheartcolt said:

Was that the Manning to Harrison TD on the first play of the game, game?

 

Yes and the crowd was loud the whole game after that. Probably the best I have ever heard the crowd. Too bad we lost to them later that year in the playoffs.... Honestly colts fans at the stadium are far too quiet except on the occasional crucial third down. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, life long said:

Yes and the crowd was loud the whole game after that. Probably the best I have ever heard the crowd. Too bad we lost to then later that year in the playoffs.... Honestly colts fans at the stadium are far too quiet except on the occasional crucial third down. 

Yes, Lucas oil is nothing like the RCA dome the fans were really into the game. Where Lucas loyal fans mainly lower level seem real nobody don't even want to stand up and cheer nothing drives me nuts

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NewEra said:

Yes, Lucas oil is nothing like the RCA dome the fans were really into the game. Where Lucas loyal fans mainly lower level seem real nobody don't even want to stand up and cheer nothing drives me nuts

Couldn't agree more... at Lucas oil my father and I have been asked several times by fans behind us to not stand up and yell. Admittedly we both did on pretty much every defensive snap. It was fairly typical for the majority of fans to only stand and yell on defense late in the game on a critical third down. In our opinion it was not being a real 12th man. Lucas oil is too comfy. The RCA dome was a lot of bleacher seating which people would also bang on for more noise than LOS could dream of.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, life long said:

Couldn't agree more... at Lucas oil my father and I have been asked several times by fans behind us to not stand up and yell. Admittedly we both did on pretty much every defensive snap. It was fairly typical for the majority of fans to only stand and yell on defense late in the game on a critical third down. In our opinion it was not being a real 12th man. Lucas oil is too comfy. The RCA dome was a lot of bleacher seating which people would also bang on for more noise than LOS could dream of.

I do the same!! Then turn and look at everyone and talk smack to them sitting on their butts heh

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, shakedownstreet said:

If they are forced to play in an empty Lucas Oil Stadium. We have unbelievably loud crowd noise amplifiers that will give us a distinct home field advantage over the rest of the league 

That was the RCA Dome my friend

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, NewEra said:

I do the same!! Then turn and look at everyone and talk smack to them sitting on their butts heh

Nice to hear of a another true 12th man. Who knows I may have seen you from a distance because I always took notice of most attendees sitting and could spot the lone soilders in their sections yelling like my father and I. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, life long said:

Nice to hear of a another true 12th man. Who knows I may have seen you from a distance because I always took notice of most attendees sitting and could spot the lone soilders in their sections yelling like my father and I. 

Amen brother, never been to a game that I didn't lose my voice heh

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, life long said:

Nice to hear of a another true 12th man. Who knows I may have seen you from a distance because I always took notice of most attendees sitting and could spot the lone soilders in their sections yelling like my father and I. 

 

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

Amen brother, never been to a game that I didn't lose my voice heh


Next time look up at the nosebleeds(because we’re cheap,lol) and you’ll see me and my crew going bananas!!!!


:rock:COLTS ARMY, STAND UP!!!:rock:

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, life long said:

I was at that game vs the steelers. Trust me no artificial noise was pumped in. The Rca dome is pressurized. It was a monday night game in an undefeated streak. Crowd was about as pumped as I had ever seen. This is coming from a former season ticket holder of 15 years btw...

No game in the dome has ever been louder than that pats game in our Super Bowl chase year. I was unable to hear myself screaming it was so loud. Waaaaay awesome!! 
 

I would welcome a crowd noise being pumped in during home games that are equal to what normal games sound like. Some tech person would have figure that out, set a decibel range for the teams and adjust it accordingly during the games. At LOS, fans tend to be quiet on first down, start to stir on 2nd down and then come to life early in the games or if the score is in reach. As the games go along, LOS tends to die off unless the score is close, a big play just occurred or there appears to be hope. I suspect most fan bases have similar issues and should be treated as they routinely act. Not just say wel the high decibel in LOS is 65 so just play crowd noise at that level all game. Same may be true at Seahawks stadium where the decibel levels are highs of 75 but not The whole game. Adjust to norms throughout imho. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We do have a unique advantage.....

 

Our stud FA QB already knows the system...

 

Our new move TE already knows the system...

 

RB's have the shortest learning curve of any position so our stud RB won't have any issues integrating...

 

Our stud WR can already run a full route tree and his jump ball/deep ball skills are already on point...

 

Campbell is bound to be healthy and he knows the playbook....

 

So offensively with or without TC/Preseason our offense should come out firing. 

 

That is a slight advantage we may have

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Jdubu said:

No game in the dome has ever been louder than that pats game in our Super Bowl chase year. I was unable to hear myself screaming it was so loud. Waaaaay awesome!! 
 

I would welcome a crowd noise being pumped in during home games that are equal to what normal games sound like. Some tech person would have figure that out, set a decibel range for the teams and adjust it accordingly during the games. At LOS, fans tend to be quiet on first down, start to stir on 2nd down and then come to life early in the games or if the score is in reach. As the games go along, LOS tends to die off unless the score is close, a big play just occurred or there appears to be hope. I suspect most fan bases have similar issues and should be treated as they routinely act. Not just say wel the high decibel in LOS is 65 so just play crowd noise at that level all game. Same may be true at Seahawks stadium where the decibel levels are highs of 75 but not The whole game. Adjust to norms throughout imho. 

I was at the Pat's game that sent us to the super bowl as well. That monday night game vs Pitt was louder. For LOS that game was great but the Rca dome was built for more noise comparatively. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, life long said:

I was at the Pat's game that sent us to the super bowl as well. That monday night game vs Pitt was louder. For LOS that game was great but the Rca dome was built for more noise competitively. 

I was a season ticket holder since 1996 season and gave them up 2 seasons ago. I’d disagree on that pats game not being the loudest game ever played but each of us have different opinions on that and it’s pretty subjective so we can just call it both games were very loud. Today’s fans are pretty watered down. 
 

although a funny story. In the dome, before Manning made it popular to attend, we were on the probably 10-20 yard lines in the bottom bowl. Always plenty of empty seats around us every game, I mean like 10-15 empty seats in between people. I always am up screaming for the defense. I had a guy once ask that we sit down because they couldn’t see. I said stand up and cheer the defense because that’s what I’ll be doing the whole game. He gave me some grumbling and then tapped on me once and I just glared back at him. He tapped on me once more and I said if you touch me one more time like that, we are going to have problems. Then he complained without touching me and I just simply stated if my standing was bothering him so much, he could move down 2-10 seats in either way and have no issues with vision but I wasn’t sitting down. I literally thought that day was going to end up in a brawl. Fortunately, he eventually moved down and everything was fine. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Jdubu said:

I was a season ticket holder since 1996 season and gave them up 2 seasons ago. I’d disagree on that pats game not being the loudest game ever played but each of us have different opinions on that and it’s pretty subjective so we can just call it both games were very loud. Today’s fans are pretty watered down. 
 

although a funny story. In the dome, before Manning made it popular to attend, we were on the probably 10-20 yard lines in the bottom bowl. Always plenty of empty seats around us every game, I mean like 10-15 empty seats in between people. I always am up screaming for the defense. I had a guy once ask that we sit down because they couldn’t see. I said stand up and cheer the defense because that’s what I’ll be doing the whole game. He gave me some grumbling and then tapped on me once and I just glared back at him. He tapped on me once more and I said if you touch me one more time like that, we are going to have problems. Then he complained without touching me and I just simply stated if my standing was bothering him so much, he could move down 2-10 seats in either way and have no issues with vision but I wasn’t sitting down. I literally thought that day was going to end up in a brawl. Fortunately, he eventually moved down and everything was fine. 

Agreed both games were among the loudest ever in Indy in my experience.  Probably depends on the section you are in. One thing though is that monday night game colts dominated the whole game, which kept the crowd in it. The championship game we gave them a big lead by halftime and had to fight our way back. After the Pat's game I didn't get my voice back for over a week. Imo the Pitt game was louder start to finish, and it did start the theory that they pumped in noise. I personally saw zero evidence of such nonsense. 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, life long said:

Agreed both games were among the loudest ever in Indy in my experience.  Probably depends on the section you are in. One thing though is that monday night game colts dominated the whole game, which kept the crowd in it. The championship game we gave them a big lead by halftime and had to fight our way back. After the Pat's game I didn't get my voice back for over a week. Imo the Pitt game was louder start to finish, and it did start the theory that they pumped in noise. I personally saw zero evidence of such nonsense. 

 

I’d agree with that. Once we were catching up, the fan base definitely came back to life in full fashion. That Pats game was the pinnacle of our Indy team and meant a ton to the success and mainstay to relevance to Indy football. God that game was heart wrenching and exhilarating at the same time. Loved it!! Yeah, I wasn’t able to talk normal for a bit either. I miss that stuff

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • When you take into consideration what Faulk did along with Bruce and Holt those may have been the best three headed combo in history.  The one receiver that was as good as Rice was Tim Brown. He just didn't play his career with QBs Montana and Young. He was just as talented. 
    • Duper and Clayton were a pretty good duo that get overlooked. 
    • I didn’t say you did.  I said they were.   Marvin is fifth in career catches and Wayne is 10th.  Bruce is 13th and Holt doesn’t make the top 13.   Holt is 16th in career yards and 36th in TDs.     So Harrison tops Bruce in catches and TDs while Bruce has the edge in yards.  I think TDs and catches are much more important than yards. Wayne tops Holt in everything and tops Bruce in catches.     As a duo give me Harrison and Wayne.   Moss and Carter is another good duo although it was short lived and the Steelers had Stallworth and Swann.  Those are the best sets I can come up with.     The Steelers have been good at producing stud WRs as a franchise but I am not sure I would take them over Harrison and Berry who are probably two of the top 10 WRs to ever play the game and Wayne who is also probably going to end up a Hall of Famer.  
    • Where did I say they were?  Harrison and Wayne were 9th and 10th in career yards while Bruce was 5th. Harrison was 5th in TDs while Wayne was 24th. Bruce was 12th.  So it's debatable.   
    • Wayne and Harrison were just as good.
  • Members

×
×
  • Create New...