Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Merill Hoge Rg3 Over Luck

likm

I really think it has more to do with styles. People don't trust QBs who can run. People want a Dan Marino/Warren Moon/Peyton Manning QB. Until a TIm Tebow/Michael Vick QB wins the Super Bowl, I think there will always be the perception.

Steve Young/Aaron Rogers fits the mold of qbs who run also..

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't believe people are now going down to what their degrees in. For those who don't now an Arch Eng major is someone who doesn't possess the skills to be a full architect. In the current work force Arch Eng just do the menial tasks that the Architects use to have to do such as laying the vents and wiring in the schematics. Which was easily done by architects before. There is no real need for an Arch Eng. What do you think of his degree now?

We also have to remember that playing college football is like having a full-time job. Its difficult to be in a demanding degree while playing football.

My nephew played fullback in college and hardly had time to sleep after practice and studying.

I played golf in college (not in same league, I know) and found it very difficult to budget my time between practice and studies.

Steve Young/Aaron Rogers fits the mold of qbs who run also..

I think that is overrated. Steve Young could run, but look at how many attempts he had. Same with Aaron Rodgers. Fran Tarkenton as well. Guys like Vick, Tebow, and RGIII can run as well as running backs. I would never put Young or Rodgers in that group.

I think that is overrated. Steve Young could run, but look at how many attempts he had. Same with Aaron Rodgers. Fran Tarkenton as well. Guys like Vick, Tebow, and RGIII can run as well as running backs. I would never put Young or Rodgers in that group.

I understand what you are saying, but I doubt Vick and RG3 would be successful RUNNING BACKS. Tebow? maybe.

2011 rushing attempts:

Luck at Stanford: 47

RG3 at Baylor 179

2010 rushing attempts:

Luck at Stanford: 55

RG3 at Baylor: 149

1997 rushing attempts:

Peyton Manning at Tennessee: 49

1982 rushing attempts:

John Elway at Stanford: 59

Can you spot the anomaly?

Civil engineering silly. Site layout/design. making the poo go downhill. Waste water treatment etc.

LOL, I knew you were a civil engineer, I didn't know the civil license was called PLS. I make poo go out of the building so you can pick it up and make it go down hill to another location.
Zero interest in Structural lol we got some new guys at the office the last 3 years, young guns.

I'm not sure how it is everywhere, in California you have to be a civil engineer for so many years (3 I think) before you can become a licensed structural engineer.

2011 rushing attempts:

Luck at Stanford: 47

RG3 at Baylor 179

2010 rushing attempts:

Luck at Stanford: 55

RG3 at Baylor: 149

1997 rushing attempts:

Peyton Manning at Tennessee: 49

1982 rushing attempts:

John Elway at Stanford: 59

Can you spot the anomaly?

I agree that RGIII runs more. But I am missing the point as it relates to my post. I think comparing RGIII and Rogers/Young is not correct because that is a running QB vs mobile QBs.

And that'll be right after graduation. Not years in the field.

Perhaps in some states, but not most.
How is running your own architectural company not in the business?
Because you clearly don't own your own architectural business.
He told me he and employees use to lay everything out in the blueprints, and not until recent years has he brought in engineers to only do tasks that they use to do themselves. He also continued to say he finds no use to them because it was something he did by himself.
And then he stepped into the 20th century. Architects don't produce blue prints anymore. In all seriousness it sounds like the arch. who told you this probably just designed single family homes and no, there would be no need to engineers for that (of course that is why so many homes the HVAC systems are done incorrectly and the plumbing systems are not adequate, I can guarantee if your shower gets too hot when someone flushes a water closet, the plumbing was designed by an architect). I engineer large commercial, military and health care projects, where they have to have licenses engineers.
So that is my experience with the field. All is just knowledge passed down by someone who has owned a company and worked as an architect for 30+ years.

Two different industries. Residential is not my field.

I agree that RGIII runs more. But I am missing the point as it relates to my post. I think comparing RGIII and Rogers/Young is not correct because that is a running QB vs mobile QBs.

Elway was a mobile QB, but he didn't run as often as RG3.

Luck is a mobile QB, but he didn't run (one third) as often as RG3.

Perhaps in some states, but not most.

Because you clearly don't own your own architectural business.

And then he stepped into the 20th century. Architects don't produce blue prints anymore. In all seriousness it sounds like the arch. who told you this probably just designed single family homes and no, there would be no need to engineers for that (of course that is why so many homes the HVAC systems are done incorrectly and the plumbing systems are not adequate, I can guarantee if your shower gets too hot when someone flushes a water closet, the plumbing was designed by an architect). I engineer large commercial, military and health care projects, where they have to have licenses engineers.

Two different industries. Residential is not my field.

Never said I owned my own company. As you can see I said I have all my knowledge from a senior architect because I'm still studying. AS you can see we are talking about different fields as I currently study in design, and am going to try for residential you are commercial.

Thanks for the info though. Can help me later. :thmup:

By the way I never meant to offend any major or job. Just how the man described it all.

This was my fear...the start of talks about the Colts drafting RG3 over Luck...I'm sorry but you take Luck, this is no question in my mind. Luck is taller and bigger and more proven, RG3 has really only had one good season and has had Injury issues. Luck is the obvious pick, RG3 was mock drafted at 5, then 2 after redskins trade and now some are saying #1??? No! RG3 is the definition of a late bloomer. We gave up Peyton for Luck, not RG3, that's how I see it.

Easy to say when its not your money or your franchise on the line... I think I'll let the Colts front office make the decision and support it.

It's called drumming up interest for .... "your/ESPN's show" .... IE the DRAFT.

If the first few picks are set in stone then the NFL loses valuable AD $$$$

Get into the game folks.

hehe..

I don't like this discussion! Both Luck and Griffin are great QB prospects and I think both will have great years in the NFL. But i prefer Luck over Griffin because I like the style he plays football. I think it's simple a question which style you prefer and this is why the Colts will take Andrew Luck.

It's called drumming up interest for .... "your/ESPN's show" .... IE the DRAFT.

If the first few picks are set in stone then the NFL loses valuable AD $$$$

Get into the game folks.

hehe..

Yep.

You have been doing great lately btw with your predictions. Manning gone.....Manning to Denver. Now it's time for the third with Luck.

Hodge likes to think outside the box and then ends up using that box to cover his head when he ends up looking dumb for thinking outside the box. The first time I remeber hearing of hodge in the media was when he was one of those swearing Peyton would never win the big one and couldn't win in the playoffs. It's been down hill since so him calling for us to take rg3 isn't a ringing endorsement to me.

I actually like this pick. I know im gonna catch heck for it, but everything ive seen from both, you cant go wrong with either I think. And yes if it was my money i still would go after RG3. Too many people get caught up in what other people tell you instead of forming your own opinion yourself. Ive watched both of these guys play this year and when I watch RG3 it seems to me he just has the knack of throwing the ball down the field with accuracy. Like ive said before if we have the balls enough to get rid of a HOF quarterback and think we should have the balls enough to take a shot at RG3. I dont always like the safe pick. There just seems to be something about RG3 that intrigues me, I think this guy can handle what ever you throw at him. Good luck to either guy we go after. No pun intended

LOL, I knew you were a civil engineer, I didn't know the civil license was called PLS. I make poo go out of the building so you can pick it up and make it go down hill to another location.

I'm not sure how it is everywhere, in California you have to be a civil engineer for so many years (3 I think) before you can become a licensed structural engineer.

Oh no. PLS=Surveyor

I don't like this discussion! Both Luck and Griffin are great QB prospects and I think both will have great years in the NFL. But i prefer Luck over Griffin because I like the style he plays football. I think it's simple a question which style you prefer and this is why the Colts will take Andrew Luck.

You can't go wrong with either one in my opinion just which one fits the Colts for the next 10 yrs..

Well, white QBs show more success.

And a white QB to replace our ex white legend at QB makes sense too.

It's Indy.

I think successful quarterbacking has almost little to do with an individual's race and everything to do with their attitude, work ethic, and talent. Successful white QBs include Eli, Peyton, Tom, etc and unsuccessful ones include Ryan Leaf and Joey Harrington. Successful black QBs include McNabb, Warren Moon, Vick, etc and unsuccessful ones include Jamarcus Russell and Troy Smith. It doesn't have to do with race, it has to do with their attitude.

“@nfldraftscout: Talking to folks who were at the Baylor Pro Day, #RG3 dominated, again. Believe there are serious talks in #Colts FO about who to draft.”

there were serious talks about Leaf over Manning. that's all they ended up being. trust me, this has all been decided by phone. Irsay with Snyder.

I think successful quarterbacking has almost little to do with an individual's race and everything to do with their attitude, work ethic, and talent. Successful white QBs include Eli, Peyton, Tom, etc and unsuccessful ones include Ryan Leaf and Joey Harrington. Successful black QBs include McNabb, Warren Moon, Vick, etc and unsuccessful ones include Jamarcus Russell and Troy Smith. It doesn't have to do with race, it has to do with their attitude.

With most people on this forum it is about race.

Not that I'm doubting Griffin is a bright guy (from all accounts, he sounds like he is), but there's a huge difference between Baylor and Stanford... which, by all measures, is an elite academic, Ivy-League equivalent school.

*throws more fuel in the fire* :ashamed:

There is no doubt that you all are a bunch of racists.

So first you are an Anti-Manning fan if you happen to agree with the logic behind moving on from Manning and going with Luck. Now people are being called racists because they happen to like Luck more than RG3. Can we just stop with the name calling on all sides because we don't like the side that other people are taking?

Also if you happen to think something someone said was racist it might be a better idea to just report the post than just making a post that doesn't quote anyone labeling "you all are a bunch of racists". To me that means anyone who happened to post in this thread who likes Luck over RG3 which I am one of. With that said I like Luck because I think he's the better player and I have followed him since he was a freshman in college. It has NOTHING to do with the color of his or RG3's skin and frankly I find labeling people as racists in a blanket statement just as bad as someone being racist. Both are uncalled for.

My comment was made regardless of who I want to be drafted (which I've been clear - is Luck), and based soley on the statements that I read on these forums - that I found to be offensive. Jimmy the Greek was fired 30 years ago for making similar comments made on this thread. I am sorry me being offended offended you.

My comment was made regardless of who I want to be drafted (which I've been clear - is Luck), and based soley on the statements that I read on these forums - that I found to be offensive. Jimmy the Greek was fired 30 years ago for making similar comments made on this thread. I am sorry me being offended offended you.

No you being offended had nothing to do with it. Labeling everyone in the thread as a racist offended me. If you have an issue with specific posts report them or at the very least quote them rather than saying "you all are a bunch of racists." That means everyone and yes I do take offense to that because I posted in this thread and like Luck and it has nothing to do with his skin color.

This thread is way off track. It's unfortunate that it has come to this, discussing issues like race in regards to a player when it clearly has no impact on how they do as an NFL player. There have been successful and unsuccessful players of many races and ethnic backgrounds. Clearly, race isn't the determining factor. Thread closed