Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Merill Hoge Rg3 Over Luck

likm

This is exactly what I'm talking about. White QBs are going to show more success because there is a much larger sample size of them to go by. Just like black WRs have more success because there is a much larger sample size of them.

And what do you mean by "It's Indy?" Are you saying that Indy is mostly white and a black QB would not be welcome? Because that's exactly what it sounds like.

actually, black wr have more success because they're faster/more athletic. it's ok to say out loud...

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What does it matter if someone majored in politcal science or architecture? Griffins wants to be an attorney and Luck wants to be an architect. Would you feel better if Griffin majored in architecture?

Manning majored in speech communications and finished in 3 years. Man, he must be a really dummy if your logic holds true.

No if Griffen wanted to be a lawyer, I'd want him to major in Law.......

Manning majored in speech communications and finished in 3 years. Man, he must be a really dummy if your logic holds true.

Apparently you never read the SI article back in '99ish when you discover Peyton was a complete inept buffon who couldn't do much as use a can opener.....but he was good at football....

As far as what the Colts will do. I will say three things:

One: Irsay has a lot of fun with misdirection

Two: The guy he hired as the GM grew up (NFL speaking) in an organization that has coveted the running QB, first McNabb and then Vick.

Three: In this draft you have a QB is a lot like McNabb and Vick, except, he is more mature, has a better work ethic, better accuracy and more intelligent.

The people who will be surprised if the Colts draft RGIII are the ones that ignore 1, 2 and 3 and just go by what "everyone else says" should happen.

I agree with this... I was thinking the same thing the other day.. I'm honestly not sure who the colts will pick.

No if Griffen wanted to be a lawyer, I'd want him to major in Law.......

Um there isn't an undergraduate law degree just like there isn't an undergraduate medical degree. Law students major in things like English, political science, etc and take pre-law courses to prepare them for law school.

Um there isn't an undergraduate law degree just like there isn't an undergraduate medical degree. Law students major in things like English, political science, etc and take pre-law courses to prepare them for law school.

Or pre-law or criminal justice.....yet he's doing communications....

As far as what the Colts will do. I will say three things:

One: Irsay has a lot of fun with misdirection

Two: The guy he hired as the GM grew up (NFL speaking) in an organization that has coveted the running QB, first McNabb and then Vick.

Three: In this draft you have a QB is a lot like McNabb and Vick, except, he is more mature, has a better work ethic, better accuracy and more intelligent.

The people who will be surprised if the Colts draft RGIII are the ones that ignore 1, 2 and 3 and just go by what "everyone else says" should happen.

Great post. Interesting point of view and one I have not thought of. Especially the Irsay part.

I can't believe people are now going down to what their degrees in. For those who don't now an Arch Eng major is someone who doesn't possess the skills to be a full architect. In the current work force Arch Eng just do the menial tasks that the Architects use to have to do such as laying the vents and wiring in the schematics. Which was easily done by architects before. There is no real need for an Arch Eng. What do you think of his degree now?

I can't believe people are now going down to what their degrees in. For those who don't now an Arch Eng major is someone who doesn't posses the skills to be a full architect. In the current work force Arch Eng just do the menial tasks that the Architects use to have to do such as laying the vents and wiring in the schematics. Which was easily done by architects before. There is no real need for an Arch Eng. What do you think of his degree now?

I only care if he can design a winning record, really.

Or pre-law or criminal justice.....yet he's doing communications....

Pfffft...you've obviously never been to law school. Law Schools generally accept students from a variety of academic backgrounds. Very few actually major in pre-law or criminal justice for that matter. What the heck is "pre-law" anyway? Many majored in Political Science, Public Policy, Business, the Humanities, Philosophy, etc. The fact that Griffin majored in communications says nothing about his ability to study law. There are different disciplines within the legal field itself such as mass media law where having a communications degree would prove beneficial.

Blah blah blah race blah blah blah

If they were both white, RG3 wouldn't even be in the conversation. Lucks bigger, stronger, has a better pedigree, and ran .26 slower...Was coached by an NFL coach, and comes from an All-American football family.....in a pro style offense....

Why is it that you are all "blah, blah, blah, race, blah blah blah" when this man Deedub says what he has to say but when another poster says we need "a white qb to replace our white qb legend ...it's Indy" you don't cry the same thing there. If you are going to chide someone for allegedly playing up race even though that poster never introduced it into the thread then at least be consistent.

Personally, I think it is ridiculous that some people are actually fixating on Luck's or RGIII's race or degrees in all this. When I said that I felt the Colts would pick Luck because he fits the QB mold they are familiar with, I was referring to his & Peyton's similarities on the gridiron not to the color of their skin. Let's just focus on who is the best QB fit for the Colts based on what they bring to the table on the football field and leave it at that.

I can't believe people are now going down to what their degrees in. For those who don't now an Arch Eng major is someone who doesn't possess the skills to be a full architect. In the current work force Arch Eng just do the menial tasks that the Architects use to have to do such as laying the vents and wiring in the schematics. Which was easily done by architects before. There is no real need for an Arch Eng. What do you think of his degree now?

LOL, I've rarely seen a post with as much misinformation as this one. And this is my industry so it ticks me off.

One: His degree is in Architectural Design. That is what you have to have to become an architect, after you get a degree you have to work in the field for a number of years then you have to take additional certification tests. You do NOT graduate college as an architect.

And those "menial tasks" like "laying the vents and wiring in a schematic" (what ever that means) is not done by the architect, it is done by professionals who get paid quite a bit of money to do that. The Architect does not layout the vents, a plumbing designer or engineer engineers the sanitary sewer/vent systems, domestic water systems, natural gas systems, compressed air systems. A Mechanical designer or engineer engineers the heating and cooling systems, exhaust systems, and electrical engineer engineers how the power and lighting and telecom and security etc will be distributed through-out the building.

I'm not getting into the whole this degree is better than that degree, but to make these outlandish, false claims about Luck's degree and my industry is beyond ignorant.

Hey, everyone, remember when we were one big happy fanbase?

It's been over a year now since these boards were only arguing about details and minor disagreements. Sadly, anger will only swell if Manning does what what Manning does, win , and we're faltering as a team.

Strange times indeed. Watching Manning yesterday was a bizarre confluence of emotion. Happy, sad, anger, confusion, jealousy....

LOL, I've rarely seen a post with as much misinformation as this one. And this is my industry so it ticks me off.

One: His degree is in Architectural Design. That is what you have to have to become an architect, after you get a degree you have to work in the field for a number of years then you have to take additional certification tests. You do NOT graduate college as an architect.

And those "menial tasks" like "laying the vents and wiring in a schematic" (what ever that means) is not done by the architect, it is done by professionals who get paid quite a bit of money to do that. The Architect does not layout the vents, a plumbing designer or engineer engineers the sanitary sewer/vent systems, domestic water systems, natural gas systems, compressed air systems. A Mechanical designer or engineer engineers the heating and cooling systems, exhaust systems, and electrical engineer engineers how the power and lighting and telecom and security etc will be distributed through-out the building.

I'm not getting into the whole this degree is better than that degree, but to make these outlandish, false claims about Luck's degree and my industry is beyond ignorant.

Not at my school. I graduate with my BArch, while completing my internship during my senior year, then I take the certification test, and I enter the field automatically. Unless a senior architect lied to me about how his bussiness is run then I stand by what I said. I do not have to start off as an engineer. It varies by state, but this is how it works here.

I only care if he can read defenses, not building schematics.

If you are going to chide someone for allegedly playing up race even though that poster never introduced it into the thread then at least be consistent

Wow guy, take your own advice. +1 for long winded post. -100 for ignorance

I'm going to throw out the race card here. I believe if RGIII were white then people on this site would be arguing over who is better....

PLS and Civil here how about you? Let's trade stamps!

Not at my school. I graduate with my BArch, while completing my internship during my senior year, then I take the certification test, and I enter the field automatically.

Yes you enter the field automatically but your are not an archictect until you are certified.
Unless a senior architect lied to me about how his bussiness is run then I stand by what I said.
Well, you can stand by it but that does not mean that is how it works for people who are actually in the industry.
I do not have to start off as an engineer. It varies by state, but this is how it works here.

I did not state anything about starting off as an engineer, I said that engineers do that "menial" work you mentioned like laying vents and wiring in schematics.

Yes you enter the field automatically but your are not an archictect until you are certified.

And that'll be right after graduation. Not years in the field.

Well, you can stand by it but that does not mean that is how it works for people who are actually in the industry.

How is running your own architectural company not in the business?

I did not state anything about starting off as an engineer, I said that engineers do that "menial" work you mentioned like laying vents and wiring in schematics.

He told me he and employees use to lay everything out in the blueprints, and not until recent years has he brought in engineers to only do tasks that they use to do themselves. He also continued to say he finds no use to them because it was something he did by himself.

So that is my experience with the field. All is just knowledge passed down by someone who has owned a company and worked as an architect for 30+ years.

PLS I'm not familiar with Civil, I'm guessing transportation?

Me, PE - Mechanical. California, Nevada, Ohio and National

Any plans to eventually move to structural?

Civil engineering silly. Site layout/design. making the poo go downhill. Waste water treatment etc.

Zero interest in Structural lol we got some new guys at the office the last 3 years, young guns.

Wasnt Mel Kiper wanting Ryan Leaf? I remember him saying something about Manning and he said "who is Mel Kiper is he a kicker?"

I think RG3 would be a great pick for the Colts...Why not bait Redskins into giving up something to get ahead of us. I worry about a player that has so much hype. Luck has been anoited the second coming of Manning....Like Matt Barkley is now for next year..There is always one QB that is the best since ???? Remeber Drew Henson....

And that'll be right after graduation. Not years in the field.

How is running your own architectural company not in the business?

He told me he and employees use to lay everything out in the blueprints, and not until recent years has he brought in engineers to only do tasks that they use to do themselves. He also continued to say he finds no use to them because it was something he did by himself.

So that is my experience with the field. All is just knowledge passed down by someone who has owned a company and worked as an architect for 30+ years.

haha blue prints. Your clearly not ready. They haven't been called that in 20years. Want some ammonia for your plotter bahaha.

I'm going to throw out the race card here. I believe if RGIII were white then people on this site would be arguing over who is better....Luck or RGIII. It makes absolutely no since to belittle RGIII because he is black. Do your research on the guy. He is very smart, talented and athletic. He graduated from Baylor with a 3.67 GPA in politcal science and is working on his masters which he will complete this summer. He has never been in any trouble. He has a great arm and is very accurate. He is a pass first QB and runs when there is an opening or when he needs to run.

I would be OK with either RGIII or Luck and I'm glad Irsay and Grigson are studying them both before they just say they're gonna pick Luck.

This blatant racism really sickens me.

What are you talking about? I have not heard or read one thing about this being a racial issue.

What are you talking about? I have not heard or read one thing about this being a racial issue.

It is somewhat hidden in the text. One person on this thread said they would not take RGIII because "It's Indy." Indy is majority white. What else could "It's Indy" mean?

I'm not endorsing either one because I think they are both going to be successful NFL QBs. I will be happy either way Irsay and Grigson go.

It is somewhat hidden in the text. One person on this thread said they would not take RGIII because "It's Indy." Indy is majority white. What else could "It's Indy" mean?

I'm not endorsing either one because I think they are both going to be successful NFL QBs. I will be happy either way Irsay and Grigson go.

I never heard the race thing until this thread is what I meant. I want to roll luck and RG into 1 and make the greatest QB ever. Go Colts

lol a lot of my posts are semi sarcastic as well.

Luck has been the pick by Irsay for some time. I will be stunned if it's not Luck. I would be nearly stunned if any team picking first this year who needed a QB did not pick Luck.

lol a lot of my posts are semi sarcastic as well.

Luck has been the pick by Irsay for some time. I will be stunned if it's not Luck. I would be nearly stunned if any team picking first this year who needed a QB did not pick Luck.

I get where deedub is comin from. That does sound a bit racist. Its hard to show sarcasm on a message board though. We all want the same thing though............a great QB. Go Colts.

actually, black wr have more success because they're faster/more athletic. it's ok to say out loud...

I hope for your sake it was sarcasm ;).

For anyone who believes that, it is the most common lie in all of sports. African American WR's have no competitive advantage physically over white players... whatsoever. Yes, their muscle defintion is absolutely better depending on genetics, but the differences really stop near that (there are a few other minor differences). I don't really blame people because we're taught as a society to believe it, but it is all a mind game. Information taken from a study compiled for over 30+ years from Dr. Gary Sailes at IU, Doctorate in African American Studies.