Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Another arrested

csmopar

Sometimes it seems like when a sports figure get arrested the general consensus is it's because they are thought to be above the law or they are entitled.

In reality the percentage of sports figures  getting arrested is way below the national average of  the general population. 

When they do get into trouble it's reported just because of who they are. 

Right now there are 2,880 players on rosters in the NFL. We read where 2 or 3 players gets arrested and some draw the conclusion there is a problem. 

If you look at the big picture, it's really not a problem at all. 

22 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Sometimes it seems like when a sports figure get arrested the general consensus is it's because they are thought to be above the law or they are entitled.

In reality the percentage of sports figures  getting arrested is way below the national average of  the general population. 

When they do get into trouble it's reported just because of who they are. 

Right now there are 2,880 players on rosters in the NFL. We read where 2 or 3 players gets arrested and some draw the conclusion there is a problem. 

If you look at the big picture, it's really not a problem at all. 

The problem is that for almost everyone of these 2880 guys it is a bit of entitlement since many have been the golden child or star in waiting of their community or school since childhood 

23 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

The problem is that for almost everyone of these 2880 guys it is a bit of entitlement since many have been the golden child or star in waiting of their community or school since childhood 

Naturally there are a few who have that frame of mind but that comes with immaturity.  Most of them with that attitude gets a rude awakening when getting with the big boys. 

According to the U.S. Department of Justice 6.6% of males will be incarcerated during their lives. image.png.2975e95a63ea8a09ffc84f22ec2ba79f.png

My point is the percentages. They are much lower from players coming from a team orientated sports as compared to the general public.

We have more criminal arrest each year that there are college graduates.

I am not doubting your comment about those who considered themselves the golden child or the star in waiting  but it's not as rampant as most think. 

1 minute ago, crazycolt1 said:

Naturally there are a few who have that frame of mind but that comes with immaturity.  Most of them with that attitude gets a rude awakening when getting with the big boys. 

According to the U.S. Department of Justice 6.6% of males will be incarcerated during their lives. image.png.2975e95a63ea8a09ffc84f22ec2ba79f.png

My point is the percentages. They are much lower from players coming from a team orientated sports as compared to the general public.

We have more criminal arrest each year that there are college graduates.

I am not doubting your comment about those who considered themselves the golden child or the star in waiting  but it's not as rampant as most think. 

Every top level athlete or even celebrities have that it is just the way they handle it

I have seen it on a daily level for my entire life

3 minutes ago, ReMeDy said:

Ryan Leaf is now also arrested. Domestic battery.

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/ryan-leaf-arrested-domestic-battery

This made me really sad this morning when I read this. It really looked like he got his life together and was doing well. Seems like this involved his wife since it was domestic. Hopefully there is much more to this and this didn’t happen like it seems it did. 

12 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

This made me really sad this morning when I read this. It really looked like he got his life together and was doing well. Seems like this involved his wife since it was domestic. Hopefully there is much more to this and this didn’t happen like it seems it did. 

I don't think he is married. 

He has a girlfriend whom he has a child with so who knows? 

Archived