Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What if 2019 repeated itself?

John Hammonds

What if our 2019 season repeated itself in 2020?

What would that look like?

Our top free agent breaks his clavicle in the first game and never plays another down for us again.

Last year, that was Devin Funchess.  This year, that would be DeForest Buckner.

Our 2nd round WR pick, for whom there was much anticipation, and everyone hoped would make a big splash his rookie year, fights through multiple injuries all season, and winds up not making much of a splash whatsoever.

Last year, that was Parris Campbell.  This year, that would be Michael Pittman.

Mere days before the regular season begins, our top QB suddenly announces he is retiring.

Last year, that was Andrew Luck, and we went through the season with Jacoby Brissett at QB.  This year, that would be Philip Rivers, and we would go through the season with Jacob Brissett at QB.

No, this is not me being a preemptive Debbie Downer.  I'm just putting perspective on the 2019 season, what happened then, and applying this year's names to last year's issues.  Obviously, I hope none of this happens!

1 hour ago, John Hammonds said:

Our top free agent breaks his clavicle in the first game and never plays another down for us again.

Our 2nd round WR pick, for whom there was much anticipation, and everyone hoped would make a big splash his rookie year, fights through multiple injuries all season, and winds up not making much of a splash whatsoever.

Mere days before the regular season begins, our top QB suddenly announces he is retiring.

Last year, that was Andrew Luck, and we went through the season with Jacoby Brissett at QB.  This year, that would be Philip Rivers, and we would go through the season with Jacob Brissett at QB.

No, this is not me being a preemptive Debbie Downer.  I'm just putting perspective on the 2019 season, what happened then, and applying this year's names to last year's issues.  Obviously, I hope none of this happens!

The NFL has to actually play games before any of that happens.  It’s more likely that a team or player gets quarantined before all the things you listed happen again.

3 hours ago, John Hammonds said:

It's obvious the Covid19 pandemic  has gotten the best of you.

7 hours ago, John Hammonds said:

Com’on man don’t bring that mojo here. I know times are tough but let’s think positive 

There is nothing you named that the Colts aren’t built to withstand.  This team has very good depth. More likely we will see a couple players start to become stars.  I really think Hines and Okereke start to separate themselves and establish themselves as part of the new Colts foundation. 

On 5/16/2020 at 3:33 PM, John Hammonds said:

2019 was a complete failure when Luck decided to suddenly retire but with every disappointing season, comes a surprise season!  A Jacoby Brissett led disappointing season (Although MAY not be his complete fault) can easily be replaced by a former HOF Phillip Rivers season with the additions of Pittman Jr and Taylor!  If Campbell can actually stay healthy along with one of the best wr's in TY, this offense can be scary!!!  Add Deforest Buckner to this already stout D, 2019 is just a nightmare created by Andrew Luck that is no longer in our dreams!  Sleep tight Colts Fans!

On 5/16/2020 at 2:33 PM, John Hammonds said:

Why even jynx us like this....?

If this happens I will track you down and beat you with socks stuffed with grapefruits......

*mild use of sarcasm in the above statement.

On 5/16/2020 at 8:33 PM, John Hammonds said:

Dang it Donny!

I don't play what if games. It's a waste of my time and energy. I focus on the present. You must have some serious anxiety problems. 

8 hours ago, Scott Pennock said:

If this happens I will track you down and beat you with socks stuffed with grapefruits......

I will help with the sock soap

4 hours ago, NewEra said:

I don't play what if games. It's a waste of my time and energy. I focus on the present. You must have some serious anxiety problems. 

I will help with the sock soap

Grapefruits don't leave bruises externally, soap does. That's why it's effective......lol

19 hours ago, Scott Pennock said:

You can find me most game days at B-Dub's at Olio and 116th.  I'll watch out for anyone with grapefruits in their socks.  :D

Archived