Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jack Doyle IS No Ebron..

Shadow_Creek

On 5/18/2020 at 11:51 PM, EastStreet said:

I've never seen a report saying he was a "cancer". If he was such a big cancer, Ballard would have never taken a shot at him in the first place. Also, his comments in reply to Kravitz's show were pretty firm. I've never been an Ebron fan, but some of the hate is just stupid. Kravitz made it sound like the Colts didn't know he was hurt, yet Ballard/Reich acknowledged he played hurt since camp. Ebron claimed he was limping all year in practice and after games. Also, Ballard/Reich were very complimentary of him all 2018... You don't go from a cancer, to good guy, back to cancer... 

We will see how long he lasts in Pittsburgh

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, aaron11 said:

doyle is decent but kind of over rated by some people.  he didnt actually do that much last year.  go back and watch his blocking again, it wasnt that special 

Ebron caught 13 TDs in a season, that is pretty valuable.  he is probably better off with the steelers now tbh

Ebron with the Steelers may start out all hunky dory but when he starts dropping Big Ben's passes Ben may just pull a Big Ben on him. :sip:

54 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:
5 hours ago, Freenyfan102 said:

Yeah doyel fumbles

Jack has 5 fumbles his whole career. Do your homework before making comments that are intended to discredit Doyle. 

To be fair, a look at the numbers shows Doyle to have a fairly high fumble rate compared to some all-time greats:

Name          Years Played          Receptions          Fumbles - Lost          Fumbles/Reception

Sharpe              14                             815                         7 - 4                                0.85%

Gates                 16                             955                         8 - 6                                0.84%

Winslow           10                             469                         7 - 3                                1.49%

Gronkowski       9                             521                         4 - 3                                0.77%

Gonzalez          17                           1325                         6 - 2                                0.45%

Doyle                  7                              243                         5 - 4                                2.06%

I included how many fumbles were lost primarily because I was astounded to see that Tony only lost 2 fumbles in 1325 touches! :woah:

On 5/21/2020 at 9:41 AM, aaron11 said:

doyle is decent but kind of over rated by some people.  he didnt actually do that much last year.  go back and watch his blocking again, it wasnt that special 

Ebron caught 13 TDs in a season, that is pretty valuable.  he is probably better off with the steelers now tbh

The Colts are trying to do addition by subtraction with Ebron.  Clearly he wasn’t happy last year and we decided we didn’t want another year of that unhappiness in our locker room and our sidelines.   

If Ebron has a good year for Pittsburgh, good for them and good for him.   But the Colts don’t care, because we didn’t want him anymore.  Given his 13 TDs in ‘18, his ‘19 season must’ve been pretty terrible for us to cut ties as we did. 

1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

The Colts are trying to do addition by subtraction with Ebron.  Clearly he wasn’t happy last year and we decided we didn’t want another year of that unhappiness in our locker room and our sidelines.   

If Ebron has a good year for Pittsburgh, good for them and good for him.   But the Colts don’t care, because we didn’t want him anymore.  Given his 13 TDs in ‘18, his ‘19 season must’ve been pretty terrible for us to cut ties as we did. 

i get why hes gone, but to stir the pot some more doyle was not that great last year either.  hes had like two good seasons in his career and the rest were meh 

i thought it would be fun to check pff on this one and they graded ebron higher last year.  strange but true 

5 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

i get why hes gone, but to stir the pot some more doyle was not that great last year either.  hes had like two good seasons in his career and the rest were meh 

i thought it would be fun to check pff on this one and they graded ebron higher last year.  strange but true 

I have no way to prove this, but from the aspect of actions speak louder than words,  I’d say Reich and Ballard would not agree with that PFF view.  And even if they did, that would speak to just how much they wanted to be free of Ebron. 

On 5/18/2020 at 9:28 PM, Moosejawcolt said:

Doyle has had his share of memorable drops.  Easy to poo poo all over Ebron. He was dynamic with Luck and under whelming with Brissett. He grew frustrated and basically gave up. Now if Luck was still playing, we may  have still saw the 2018 version of Ebron.

Nah,  not unless Andrew's wife wife gave him permission to play, and Ebron's mystery injury miraculously heals. 

On 5/18/2020 at 9:28 PM, Moosejawcolt said:

Doyle has had his share of memorable drops.  Easy to poo poo all over Ebron. He was dynamic with Luck and under whelming with Brissett. He grew frustrated and basically gave up. Now if Luck was still playing, we may  have still saw the 2018 version of Ebron.

Well Luck is not here now so where does that leave Ebron?  With the Steelers. 

What if's and could haves get you how much? 

Archived