Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jack Doyle IS No Ebron..

Shadow_Creek

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Never thought I would see the day when someone on this forum defending Ebron. That dude dropped more balls than a Kardashian. Also, Ebron has attacked Colts fans on his instagram. He definitely didn't leave the Colts on good terms. Trey Burton is only signed for a year so don't be surprised if Ballard drafts a TE in the 2021 draft in the early rounds. The 2020 class was terrible. 

Ebron is a better receiver and its not close.

kind of wish he was still here now that we have a competent QB again.

i know jacoby and doyle have great team oriented attitudes, but the colts are a sub 500 team with those two leading the way  

1 hour ago, aaron11 said:

kind of wish he was still here now that we ha. ve a competent QB again.

i know jacoby and doyle have great team oriented attitudes, but the colts are a sub 500 team with those two leading the way  

:scratch: Ebron has one pretty good season in his career and you think he is a better receiver than Doyle? 

The only thing Ebron was leading in was drops. 

Doyle is a much better all around player. He can block and has caught a bunch of first downs. That is something Ebron has never done very well in his career. 

If he was worth anything to the Colts, Ballard would have kept him.  

On 5/15/2020 at 7:45 PM, bravo4460 said:

Your right... Doyle can run block and catch the ball unlike Ebron.

Doyle has had his share of memorable drops.  Easy to poo poo all over Ebron. He was dynamic with Luck and under whelming with Brissett. He grew frustrated and basically gave up. Now if Luck was still playing, we may  have still saw the 2018 version of Ebron.

1 minute ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Doyle has had his share of memorable drops.  Easy to poo poo all over Ebron. He was dynamic with Luck and under whelming with Brissett. He grew frustrated and basically gave up. Now if Luck was still playing, we may  have still saw the 2018 version of Ebron.

Oh balogna, Ebron was a mess. Doyle has been consistent and excellent. I'm thrilled that Doyle is no Ebron. If he were, I'd suggest management let him go.

We don't need Ebron types here. His attitude and skills (drops) are not Blue Card material.

'Nuff said!

9 minutes ago, Dogg63 said:

Oh balogna, Ebron was a mess. Doyle has been consistent and excellent. I'm thrilled that Doyle is no Ebron. If he were, I'd suggest management let him go.

We don't need Ebron types here. His attitude and skills (drops) are not Blue Card material.

'Nuff said!

A mess.....define?  I think if Luck is still playing, I beleive he would have put up great #'s.  He became frustrated and acted out. A lot of great receivers act this way. U keep them happy by keeping them involved. Not every team had players with 100% great attitude. 

12 minutes ago, Dogg63 said:

'Nuff said!

I would never define Doyle as excellent. He is good player. That's bout it. 

1 hour ago, Moosejawcolt said:

A mess.....define?  I think if Luck is still playing, I beleive he would have put up great #'s.  He became frustrated and acted out. A lot of great receivers act this way. U keep them happy by keeping them involved. Not every team had players with 100% great attitude. 

Ebron was a cancer,  Detroit removed him, we removed him before he infected the whole team.  I think Pittsburgh will regret they signed him, but then again, that whole team is already infected.

2 hours ago, Moosejawcolt said:

What you call frustrated and basically gave up is what I call quit on his team. 

1 minute ago, ojsglove said:

Ebron was a cancer,  Detroit removed him, we removed him before he infected the whole team.  I think Pittsburgh will regret they signed him, but then again, that whole team is already infected.

I've never seen a report saying he was a "cancer". If he was such a big cancer, Ballard would have never taken a shot at him in the first place. Also, his comments in reply to Kravitz's show were pretty firm. I've never been an Ebron fan, but some of the hate is just stupid. Kravitz made it sound like the Colts didn't know he was hurt, yet Ballard/Reich acknowledged he played hurt since camp. Ebron claimed he was limping all year in practice and after games. Also, Ballard/Reich were very complimentary of him all 2018... You don't go from a cancer, to good guy, back to cancer... 

48 minutes ago, ojsglove said:

Hmmmm.....cancer.  I never heard that description of Ebron. I think  u give him to much credit on his ability to affect the emotional state of an NFL football team

3 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

So did Randy Moss. U keep him happy and he performs. U dont and he shuts down. Can't have all choir boys

Still... good riddance. You don’t want a guy who quits on his team in the locker room. The other players knew he quit on them; he had to go.  

7 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

So did Randy Moss. U keep him happy and he performs. U dont and he shuts down. Can't have all choir boys

We are not talking about Randy Moss. 

In case you have not noticed the Colts don't want players that are not team players. 

Choir boys? No, but being a team player? Yes. 

13 minutes ago, Hoose said:

Still... good riddance. You don’t want a guy who quits on his team in the locker room. The other players knew he quit on them; he had to go.  

I agree, however I do feel that if we had more competent qb play, he may have been more content.

6 hours ago, Moosejawcolt said:

I agree, however I do feel that if we had more competent qb play, he may have been more content.

Absurd take.

Doyle (the UDFA) made the pro bowl in 2017 and 2019, both years with JB at the helm. Ebron, on the other hand, made the pro bowl ONCE in 2018, WITH Luck as QB, and he was the 10th overall 2014 draft pick.

Now, tell me again who is far exceeding their lot (Doyle, of course) versus who is failing to live up to expectations  (Ebron, the one who has been dumped by 2 teams so far).

On 5/18/2020 at 2:05 PM, crazycolt1 said:

:scratch: Ebron has one pretty good season in his career and you think he is a better receiver than Doyle?

yes i think being a very good red zone receiver is more valuable/better than what doyle does.  EE has a lot more TDs in fewer games played and more catches too

i think doyles blocking is over rated, better at run blocking and thats not hard to find in tight ends 

39 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

yes i think being a very good red zone receiver is more valuable/better than what doyle does.  EE has a lot more TDs in fewer games played and more catches too

i think doyles blocking is over rated, better at run blocking and thats not hard to find in tight ends 

You under value what Doyle does. 

On 5/18/2020 at 11:36 PM, Moosejawcolt said:

Remember, Luck made him great, not the other way around. He got full of himself and ruined it. All he had to do was a be a team guy and wait it out. Choir boy? Only talented people make it Into the NFL, the attitude and character can be the difference maker and that’s what our team does well.. pick up character guys.

Just now, LockeDown said:

Remember, Luck made him great, not the other way around. He got full of himself and ruined it. All he had to do was a be a team guy and wait it out. Choir boy? Only talented people make it Into the NFL, the attitude and character can be the difference maker and that’s what our team does well.. pick up character guys.

To say that Luck made him great is some what incorrect. Ebron was a top 10 pick. The talent was there. He and Luck played well and the team put Ebron in situations where he would excell. Ebron, to me, is the type of player who excells when things r going right and under performs when things go side ways. U can't hope to have 90 players and they r all character guys.  U can take a chance on a talented player with question marks. 

7 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

To say that Luck made him great is some what incorrect. Ebron was a top 10 pick. The talent was there. He and Luck played well and the team put Ebron in situations where he would excell. Ebron, to me, is the type of player who excells when things r going right and under performs when things go side ways. U can't hope to have 90 players and they r all character guys.  U can take a chance on a talented player with question marks. 

You’ve probably heard every presser Frank and Chris have done.  If you want to go down the old “they can’t all be choir boy” routine, that’s up to you. They only mention “character” every sentence and Ballard was obviously very upset with him. You’re beating a dead horse on this.

36 minutes ago, LockeDown said:

You’ve probably heard every presser Frank and Chris have done.  If you want to go down the old “they can’t all be choir boy” routine, that’s up to you. They only mention “character” every sentence and Ballard was obviously very upset with him. You’re beating a dead horse on this.

Deon Cain???

37 minutes ago, LockeDown said:

Don't u think there were red flags about Ebron before they signed him? Don't u think they knew there were some character flaws? Just like every other coach and GM, they will take a player if the reward is high and the risk is low. U take those players in the late rounds or sign them to 1 year deals. Deon Cain was a risk. Also, Why do u think Eason fell so hard? The rumour about him was character and work ethic. So, Ballard and Reich can  spout character at every turn, but they drafted a qb, the most important position, with some supposed character isssues.

46 minutes ago, LockeDown said:

According to ESPN NFL insider Chris Mortensen, teams shied away from Eason for several reasons. While he stood out with his big arm and 6-foot-6 frame, Eason was unattractive to teams because of character issues, according to Mortensen.

48 minutes ago, LockeDown said:

Well, guys make all good points — he has the physical attributes, Jacob Eason does, of being a first-round player," Mortensen said on ESPN's draft broadcast. "So why the fourth round? Well, as teams peeled back the onion on Jacob Eason, they found evaluations and information that his work ethic is an issue, accountability is an issue — there's a list of about four or five character flaws.

1 hour ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Luck made him great is somewhat incorrect?  Sorry, I call horse dung on that comment.

Yes Ebron was a top 10 pick but had never played like a top 10 pick with Stafford in Detroit or Brissett in Indy. Only with Luck did he have any success. 

What is it you don't understand about Ballard wanting team players on this team? He does not want players who pout and quits when things don't go their way. 

Ballard sure don't want players who run to the press like he is running to Mommy to tell on someone. 

3 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

Luck made him great is somewhat incorrect?  Sorry, I call horse dung on that comment.

Yes Ebron was a top 10 pick but had never played like a top 10 pick with Stafford in Detroit or Brissett in Indy. Only with Luck did he have any success. 

What is it you don't understand about Ballard wanting team players on this team? He does not want players who pout and quits when things don't go their way. 

Ballard sure don't want players who run to the press like he is running to Mommy to tell on someone. 

You are totally missing my point. Never said I don't want team players. Sometimes u get very talented players that demand extra attention. I agree with letting Ebron go.  I was just making a point that if there was more consistent qb play and he was more involved, they may have been able to contain him.

3 hours ago, Moosejawcolt said:

You are totally missing my point. Never said I don't want team players. Sometimes u get very talented players that demand extra attention. I agree with letting Ebron go.  I was just making a point that if there was more consistent qb play and he was more involved, they may have been able to contain him.

So he needed to be pampered?  That's kinda what you are trying to avoid saying isn't it? 

6 hours ago, Four2itus said:

Laughs out loud. One player is on the team, one is not. To me, Ebron is no Doyle. It would appear that the front office agrees with me.

he signed a pretty good deal with the Steelers.  that looks like it could be a good fit for him, maybe even ideal

doyle gets a lot of praise for his blocking but he had his share of misses last year too

1 hour ago, crazycolt1 said:

So he needed to be pampered?  That's kinda what you are trying to avoid saying isn't it? 

Yes some times u have to pamper the great players. Sports teams r littered with stories of pampering players and covering up crap. It has been done in the name of keeping a great player happy. Every situation is different.

12 hours ago, aaron11 said:

And yet they've kept Doyle and cut Ebron....

I don't think you appreciate who and what Doyle is,  and I think you overrate Ebron.... 

On 5/18/2020 at 9:48 AM, aaron11 said:

kind of wish he was still here now that we have a competent QB again.

Do you understand what you've written here?

You're saying the reason why we've been a sub-500 team in 17 and 19 is because we had JB and Doyle "leading the way."

I'm not sure that's what you meant to say....   if it is,  well it's wrong....    if it's not,  then feel free to correct as you see fit...

On 5/17/2020 at 1:09 PM, coming on strong said:

no fleener and allen did horrible under luck . fleener played scared and allen was slow and only average at best.   ebron is athletic and gets huge separation , people over play his drops because once and a while he drops easy catches but if you look at the stats his drops are average among tight ends . its just the fact his drops look bad at times , but 15 tds and almost 900 yards is amazing . jacoby is just so bad big ben is gonna light it up with ebron .   for 6 million a year we could have a pro bowl talent tight end who is a extreme mismatch for not much more money then we are paying trey burton who is a scrub and horrible .

I look forward to the Colts announcing they've hired you to join their personnel staff.

Geez, that's a horrible take.    Follow football much?

11 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

You're saying the reason why we've been a sub-500 team in 17 and 19 is because we had JB and Doyle "leading the way."

yeah i dont think jacoby is a winning starter in the league, while luck would have won with the same team

if you think differently you are just being a homer(and have the nerve to say im the one thats wrong.)  stat wise he was among the worst starters in the league.  he had like 3 good games all year and also a few really bad games 

11 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

And yet they've kept Doyle and cut Ebron....

I don't think you appreciate who and what Doyle is,  and I think you overrate Ebron.... 

doyle is decent but kind of over rated by some people.  he didnt actually do that much last year.  go back and watch his blocking again, it wasnt that special 

Ebron caught 13 TDs in a season, that is pretty valuable.  he is probably better off with the steelers now tbh

Archived