Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Former Colts LBer arrested

CR91

I am pro Second Amendment, but how does a dude with that criminal history possess firearms? Charge him with any number of crimes which he committed and put him in prison. His wife, children, neighbors, and the general public will not longer be at risk. Done deal.

1 minute ago, fahlman said:

I am pro Second Amendment, but how does a dude with that criminal history possess firearms? Charge him with any number of crimes which he committed and put him in prison. His wife, children, neighbors, and the general public will not longer be at risk. Done deal.

Do you know the difference between a felony and a misdemeanor? 

You say throw him in prison? IMO that is why our prison system has serious problems is because we throw mentally ill people in there. 

He needs mental help, not jail time. 

This is sad.  It also enforces my opinion of how great a job Ballard has done in bringing in players.  Team captains, good guys, etc.  

I know he said the locker room can now handle some ‘edgy’ guys and that Morrison was fine while he was here.  But it is a stark contrast between what Grigson would bring in as opposed to Ballard.  

I hope Morrison gets it together.  Time to grow up and get some help.   

37 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Do you know the difference between a felony and a misdemeanor? 

You say throw him in prison? IMO that is why our prison system has serious problems is because we throw mentally ill people in there. 

He needs mental help, not jail time. 

"Morrison allegedly threatened to strike workers with a chair before punching one worker"

"the neighbor said Morrison came to his door and said he was going to kill him. Court documents state a Ring doorbell camera recorded the threat."

"Morrison challenged him to a gun fight"

He's mentally ill until he kills his wife and child with a gun and then we're all asking how it happened and how did he posses a gun with his criminal history. He should have been charged with any number of felony crimes and had his right to possess a firearm taken away from him. Do you know why he wasn't? Because he was a talented high school, college and professional football player. None of us would have gotten away with what he did if were we just some regular Joe. By the way, no you know what else will keep you from receiving a license to carry a firearm in Indiana? Being mentally ill.

47 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

It seems to me that this guy has needed help for a long time. 

Mental illness is a serious problem not only to the person with it but the people around them. 

I guess when he got arrested in college and growled at the police dog it was a lot more telling then we thought..

15 minutes ago, fahlman said:

"Morrison allegedly threatened to strike workers with a chair before punching one worker"

"the neighbor said Morrison came to his door and said he was going to kill him. Court documents state a Ring doorbell camera recorded the threat."

"Morrison challenged him to a gun fight"

He's mentally ill until he kills his wife and child with a gun and then we're all asking how it happened and how did he posses a gun with his criminal history. He should have been charged with any number of felony crimes and had his right to possess a firearm taken away from him. Do you know why he wasn't? Because he was an talented high school, college and professional football player. None of us would have gotten away with what he did if were we just some regular Joe.

Nonsense, it happens every day all over the country. 

He is still mentally ill no matter what the end results are. 

Throwing mentally ill people in prison is a result of states not spending money on mental health facilities.  

Mental illness is a sickness, not a crime. 

Instead of treating you prefer to incarcerate. 

Just now, twfish said:

I guess when he got arrested in college and growled at the police dog it was a lot more telling then we thought..

Yeah I remember that happening. 

People thought he had the attitude to be a great NFL payer and thought it was funny. 

It's sad he wasn't treated for his mental illness before it came to this. 

We used to have a mental illness facility right here in Indianapolis. Some may remember Central State Hospital on the west side of Indy at W. Washington St. and Tibbs Ave.

If a person was deemed insane there was a place to take them and get treatment. Now it's easier to throw them in prison so it's out of sight, out of mind. 

This is one of the main reasons our prison system doesn't work. 

5 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Nonsense, it happens every day all over the country. 

He is still mentally ill no matter what the end results are. 

Throwing mentally ill people in prison is a result of states not spending money on mental health facilities.  

Mental illness is a sickness, not a crime. 

Instead of treating you prefer to incarcerate. 

Not nonsense.

I don't deny he is mentally ill.

Mentally ill people who have committed crimes should be in prison, receiving treatment if possible.

His sickness doesn't take away his wife's, children's, or neighbor's right to be safe.

His metal illness and criminal history definitely void his right to possess a firearm.

2 minutes ago, fahlman said:

His metal illness and criminal history definitely void his right to possess a firearm.

Not before he has been convicted of a felony or deemed a danger. The order for the taking of his firearms was issued. 

You seem to not understand that throwing mentally ill people in prison is not the answer. It's getting these people the proper treatment before it becomes a legal matter that is the answer. 

Your 'throw um in jail' mentality is why we have a huge problem. 

2 minutes ago, LockeDown said:

I worked at a state mental health center when I was younger. I saw people act just like Morrison. Unfortunately the meds they gave them back then left them like zombies. 

I had a close family member that was at Central State so I can relate.

She ended up one of the few success cases and lived a normal life when she got her mental treatment.

It's sad they end up like zombies as you say, but it's better than the crimes that happen if not sedated. 

15 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

I had a close family member that was at Central State so I can relate.

She ended up one of the few success cases and lived a normal life when she got her mental treatment.

It's sad they end up like zombies as you say, but it's better than the crimes that happen if not sedated. 

The meds have probably changed. Back then, they still used electric shock therapy on some. That freaked me out at the time. 

1 hour ago, crazycolt1 said:

Not before he has been convicted of a felony or deemed a danger. The order for the taking of his firearms was issued. 

You seem to not understand that throwing mentally ill people in prison is not the answer. It's getting these people the proper treatment before it becomes a legal matter that is the answer. 

Your 'throw um in jail' mentality is why we have a huge problem. 

It’s always a two way street with any treatment. Perhaps he has refused treatment? I would be one to side on caution knowing his display of issues, that are definitely reflective of true mental health, and court order his mental evaluation from an independent physician and go from there. He does not sound like he needs firearms based on the snipets We have here, and I too am a firm believer in the right to carry. The mother poster certainly made his point that he poses a risk on the street to others and if filed and convicted, mental health issue or not, he needs to be locked down, ordered to undergo mental health treatment and see where that takes him. But if this guy refuses treatment for his documented issues, he needs to be removed from “normal” society 

2 hours ago, twfish said:

oh so thats who this is. the player who barked at the police dog guy. but aside from that laugh, he needs help mentally.

2 hours ago, LockeDown said:

The meds have probably changed. Back then, they still used electric shock therapy on some. That freaked me out at the time. 

Treatment such as that just showed how little knowledge we had on mental illness. Kind of like the doctors were more mentally imbalanced than the patient. 

1 hour ago, Jdubu said:

It’s always a two way street with any treatment. Perhaps he has refused treatment? I would be one to side on caution knowing his display of issues, that are definitely reflective of true mental health, and court order his mental evaluation from an independent physician and go from there. He does not sound like he needs firearms based on the snipets We have here, and I too am a firm believer in the right to carry. The mother poster certainly made his point that he poses a risk on the street to others and if filed and convicted, mental health issue or not, he needs to be locked down, ordered to undergo mental health treatment and see where that takes him. But if this guy refuses treatment for his documented issues, he needs to be removed from “normal” society 

Thus we need more mental institutions. Not more prison space. 

Housing sane criminals with the insane is pure insanity. 

1 minute ago, LockeDown said:

Well the post is about his arrest. I think prison reform specific to Morrison is on topic with this thread. 

Reads more like a thread on prison reform and gun rights than about colts football.  Not to say those aren't fun topics but I dont see much about the game here.  

3 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

Thus we need more mental institutions. Not more prison space. 

Housing sane criminals with the insane is pure insanity. 

And at this point, you use what you have.  We have jails, we aren’t seemingly in the mood to build mental facilities. 

7 hours ago, fahlman said:

If pro second amendment is followed by 'but' then you're not pro second amendment... The problem is that we can't keep dangerous people off the streets because we have too many people locked up for victimless crimes. If someone is too dangerous to possess a firearm then they shouldn't be allowed out in public to begin with... This man definitely needs some type of rehabilitation. He is a danger to others and himself. 

• Nadine locked this topic

Archived